• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2014 Surgeries

Woohoo, welcome back Mel, time to take your place on the losers bench. Hope the Sicky feeling goes soon. xx

I'm not overly worried and I am def ready for it now it's been 2 years for me since I first went for referral I wasn't ready, my diet was awful but have changed so much this last year food wise and I have done the vlc diets so food isn't really the issue no more not like it used to be

welcome to the bench mel glad to see you arrived finally

Hi all, I'm now officially bypassed. Had my op on Wednesday all went well no complications and I have to say have i feel very well. I Was advised to stay on clear fluids only ie:water for a few days to let everything settle down but I did introduce a slimfast shake and an aptimel yogurt into my diet yesterday as I did feel very very lethargic and very light headed. At the moment I am relatively pain free but if I dont take my pain killers every 6 hours I do start to feel in some pain. How long did you guys take the pain killers for? Im 4 days post op. Also today after a couple of my drinks I have felt quite nauseous (I had a quater of a protein shake about 30 mins ago and feel a little bit nauseous now. Is this normal? Thankyou so much for your kind wishes on my op day they were very much appreciated x

Hi Trish, welcome to the losers bench. I was on a paracetamol drip the day of the op, had a bit of morphine the day after, then it was just paracetamol. I haven't had any pain killers since coming home and have no pain.

I think it is normal to feel sick, I've been lucky and have only felt sick after I had a milky coffee the other day. I'm supposed to drink a pint of milk a day and I'm struggling, so made a milky coffee and felt horrible, so went to bed.

Hi terrilou, thanks for your reply I had the same reaction yesterday when I had a milky coffee so I haven't had one since. I feel really well after my op but I am struggling with the tiredness, hence why I have started to introduce some vitamins and calories into my day. I read that feeling sick is quite common with milky type of drinks hopefully this will settle down in time. I just need more energy as I have 2 children under 5 who want their mom!

I had a glass of cold milk last night and was fine, so maybe it's something in the heating of it or maybe it was just a larger portion and it was too much.

I feel tired a lot too. Trying to make myself go on a few 10 minute walks a day, but it wipes me out. Staying with my Parents yesterday and today as Hubby is away, they won't stop talking. Every time I drop off, one of them asks me something, which wakes me up. There was a wasp in my room this morning too that was keeping me awake from 4.30, stupid thing couldn't find the open window, so I've had to come downstairs. Now I can't sleep. Grrrr, gonna be really tired today. xx

Melarnz and Trish, congrats on having your procedures and welcome to the bench.

Guys, we're gonna need a bigger bench!

The nausea does pass, as does the pain. The hospital was giving me Co-Codamol for pain, and I stopped taking it - I've really not had much pain during this process, apart from the dreaded trapped wind pain, which can be a *****. Best cure for that - lay on your left side, knees up, and trump away. Literally a case of better out than in.

Wishing you both all the very best for a speedy recovery.

Big love, my new skinny sista's! xxx

Melarnz and Trish, congrats on having your procedures and welcome to the bench. Guys, we're gonna need a bigger bench! The nausea does pass, as does the pain. The hospital was giving me Co-Codamol for pain, and I stopped taking it - I've really not had much pain during this process, apart from the dreaded trapped wind pain, which can be a *****. Best cure for that - lay on your left side, knees up, and trump away. Literally a case of better out than in. Wishing you both all the very best for a speedy recovery. Big love, my new skinny sista's! xxx
Way to go Bro!! Xx

That bigger bench never happens dave as the bodies on it get smaller to make room for others joining it

Good to hear from you Trish, glad all is well. Make sure there is room on that bench for me tomorrow. X

Back