• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2014 Surgeries

Good luck Bluegirl, we will all be thinking of you, and heres to a speedy recovery x

A flannel for my face. I hate getting too hot. Oversized pjs or trackie bottoms and tshirt. May need to take some spares. I got blood on mine

Good luck everyone, can't wait to hear from you all on the other side :)

I've lost 16kgs now so far, 2.7st. Really starting to notice the difference in my clothes. I've still a long road to travel but I'm so glad it's in the right direction!xx

Thanks for the replies terrilou and princess, believe me terrilou you are def lucky to be the other way as the pain I went through yesterday I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.
Been to see my doctor today as one of my wounds is sore red angry and weeping, he said its infected and has given me a 7 day course of penicillin. I mentioned the constipation and he has given me Lactulose however when I was speaking to the pharmacist he suggested Movicol worked much better so ill see how I get on and if its no use I will ask for some Movicol. I was bleeding too princess and the pain was unbearable, so know how you feel on that front. Thanks for the advice tracy on the fibrogel I didn't know that so I will lay off them now I do.
Good luck blue for tomorrow I had my bypass done at Solihull Spire last week the staff were very nice.

Kerry the best thing I found for the wind pain was peppermint courdial in some warm water it worked a treat and was nice and soothing on the tum. Ask the nurses for some they should have some on the ward.
Hope you feel better soon x

I've been on the peppermint tea but it hasn't worked its so painful been trying to move about as much as poss I asked if I could have something for trapped wind and they said they would have to get a doctor to prescribe it

Oh I know how you feel trapped wind is awful, ask them if they have peppermint cordial on the ward I know alot of surgical wards do.

It is quite sore to be honest especially to the touch but once the anti biotics kick in im sure things will improve. How u feeling blue about Saturday?

Just been talkin to a friend who recently had surgery but not bariatric who has told me u have to have elidural before surgery now to help with pain relief is this applicable to us?? Does any 1 no x

Thats exactly how I felt blue, but Im out the other side now and in 48 hours you will be too. Your in safe hands good luck x

bluegirl spire supply towels flannels etc so dont pack them i did and when i got there wasnt to use them they supply then throw away and have to say they were quality ones at that

Hi Lady luck and welcome, I hope things get easier for you soon. xx

Trish, I was told I shouldn't take fibogel as it expands, which isn't good for the new stomach. They gave me lactulose from the hospital. Maybe also something like dulcoease might help. Its a softener, not a laxative. I was told that most people are either one way or the other. I guess I'm quite lucky to be the other way round.

Really don't recommend dulcoease. After going once since op took one dulco this morning and it was awful. Worst stomach cramps and diarheaa. I'm nearing end of 2nd wk of post op liquid diet! ! I'm drinking loads of water as b4 op drank 2 to 3 ltrs a day but it doesn't help! ! I am trying to avoid laxatives cos knowing my luck will be disastrous whilst I'm at work lol!! Oh well perhaps things will improve at mushy stage!! Hope everyone else is doing well. My final day at work tomorrow and can't have food or alcohol at my own leaving do!! Will be an emotional day but excited about starting my new job Monday. X

Good luck bluegirl, I think I packed too much that I didn't use. Such as my lip salve. Moisturiser was useful as skin was dry on face. Did my first injection this morning and wasn't too bad, did you do yrs Dan? X

Hiya Sam, I did my injection and it surprisingly wasnt too bad, I made sure I didnt jab it in too hard!

I am ok pain wise now but had a bad night last night and spent most of the night pacing up and down my bedroom because of the wind and not being ale to get comfortable in bed.

Had better day today but im stil struggling to drink enough, I think it's because im so use to gulping down my drinks and now I can't I dont think im sipping as often as I should be to get the required amount - as in constantly sat here sipping away.

Has anyone tried forceval soluable vitamin tabs? Well I did today and it tastes absolutely disgusting, I wouldnt recommend them at all, I have got some chewable vitamin tablets instead as I cant stomach that forceval at all.

Before I left the hospital on Weds the nurse gave my a meal replacement drink called 'frusebin' and it has all the nutrients you need in this drink and it tasted lovely. I rang the chemist today to ask if they stocked any and they do thankfully so I was going to buy some but the lovely lady said I would be better off asking for a load on perscription as they are about £3 just for a small bottle. So I rang my gp and they have done a script for me and will be getting them tomorrow, that's really going to help me start getting in my protein and nutrients. They do them in lots of different flavours but I had a cappacinno flavour and it was lovely.

In regards to the wind issue I highly recommend peppermint cordial, I use to drink it with hot water when I was pregnant and it did really help with the trapped wind, havent used it yet regarding the bypass as the omezprole? cant spell it! but this tablet we have been prescribed to take once a day for the wind seems to be kicking in and helping now.

I managed to eat a tiny pot of fromage frais earlier and drank some stock boullion and drinking flavourd water in between, hoping once I add these nutrition shakes into the mix I will stop worrying so much about being dehydrated and malnourished!

So that's my little essay on how it's been so far for me! Feel free to pick my brains about anything else that comes to mind :)

Really don't recommend dulcoease. After going once since op took one dulco this morning and it was awful. Worst stomach cramps and diarheaa. I'm nearing end of 2nd wk of post op liquid diet! ! I'm drinking loads of water as b4 op drank 2 to 3 ltrs a day but it doesn't help! ! I am trying to avoid laxatives cos knowing my luck will be disastrous whilst I'm at work lol!! Oh well perhaps things will improve at mushy stage!! Hope everyone else is doing well. My final day at work tomorrow and can't have food or alcohol at my own leaving do!! Will be an emotional day but excited about starting my new job Monday. X

The bariatric nurse I saw said to avoid ones like Lactalose etc because of they are so sweet, she recommended a liquid form of senekot tablets instead as she said I might get dumping sydrome with the really sweet ones.

Back