• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2014 Surgeries

I agree Lactulose is very sweet (like the glucose drink in the diabetes test) the hospital sent me home with a big bottle of it to use twice a day as needed (I had a sleeve), well I had one dose on monday morning & one dose tuesday evening & it worked wednesday morning :) not touched it since, see if its needed next week haha.

I agree with the forceval, they originally gave me capsules to bite & suck the stuff out, well as you can imagine that went everywhere but down, i was gagging for ages after, am crushing up sanatogen a-z now.

Will look into the frusebin sounds good, thanks for the heads up on that Lady :)

I was given lactulose too and haven't had to use it at all yet. When I've done Lighterlife previously, I occasionally used dulcolax if I hadn't been for a few days, but if I knew there was something there that didn't want to come out, then Dulcoease helped. I'm very lucky I guess that I'm the other way round. I did buy some send, but haven't had to use them either.

AHELLO TO EVERYONE IN THIS MAY 2014 OPPS GROUP
COULD EVERYONE INTRODUCE THEMSELVES
AND WHAT THEY.VE HAD WHERE THEY,REFROM THEMSELVES TO ME I FEEL LOST
AS I DONT KNOW ANYONE
SO I,LL START ?
I'm debbie
I had a gastric bypass
On the 12 th may 2014
In derriford hospital
plymouth Devon UK

AS I DONT KNOW ANYONE
SO I,LL START ?
I'm debbie
I had a gastric bypass
On the 12 th may 2014
In derriford hospital
plymouth Devon UK

Hi Debbie, I'm Tracey, I had a gastric bypass on 15th May at Derby Royal Hospital. Just over 2 weeks out and I've lost over a stone already. :)

Hiiiii

I'm Melanie (Mel), I had a sleeve on 25th May at Kings College Hospital - London.

I am 9lb down from surgery date. Not bad for 5 days!

AS I DONT KNOW ANYONE
SO I,LL START ?
I'm debbie
I had a gastric bypass
On the 12 th may 2014
In derriford hospital
plymouth Devon UK

Hi Debbie, im Danielle and I had a bypass on 27th May at Royal Cornwall Hospital, havent lost any weight since surgery but im not surprised as im still full of wind and my body is probably still trying to figure out what's going on :)

I havent felt constipated at all, but I havent had a number 2 since probably last Sunday, should I be worried? I did take some senakot yesterday but ive not felt the need to go at all yet. I dont want it to get to the stage where im in pain because im constipated, but maybe there just isnt anything to get rid of yet?

Im going to take my forcival back to the chemist there is no way I can stomach that taste! I have switched to kiddies chewable multi vit now as I did try to crush up my normal multi vit and it didnt crush down very well.

No shaving for me and no catheter, thankfully.

Hi Debbie I'm sam and had a bypass 27th may at royal Cornwall hospital truro, was in the next bed to lady luck. Haven't weighed myself since surgery yet, plenty of time for that. X

I didn't shave either, no catheter and kept my pants on, think it depends on yr surgeon. If you feel better have a little trim, just in case x

Lady luck I have been taking the liquid vitamins for kids called abidec that tastes ok. Do have some chewable vits for a bit later and then plan to go back on my centrum advanced. Had a better night last night, but did bit too much today I think so am bit tired now.

Stop when full kerry. I was sipping one yesterday straight from the bottle and didn't concentrate on how much I had had. Then felt tight and bit uncomfortable in my chest so think I had too much. The uncomfy feeling lasted a while so today I measured two to three tablespoons out and stopped after that which worked better. X

Back