• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2014 Surgeries

I'm kinda the same. I feel so rough when I eat, and it's such an effort, that sometimes I don't bother. Then I have to remind myself I have to eat to lose, and I have to get my protein up!

Glad your all mostly doing well and those that aren't maybe have a little more healing to do, keep up the good work everyone.

Hello my lovely May Oppers!

I must confess to being a bit dispondant. I'm 4 weeks out today. My weight loss is not coming off (only lost 1 stone 10lbs since the day before I went in). Haven't lost in over a week. Haven't dropped any dress sizes or lost any inches.

Please tell me I haven't put myself through this (not to mention the cost!) for nothing!

Lol Mel, re-read that and give yourself a slap! lol
1 stone 10lb LESS than you were a month ago is phenomenal! Ask yourself how much you would have given to be 24lb less than you were when you were feeling miserable about how much you weighed... before you had surgery- when you felt like you would never lose any weight. I know I would have sold my sister for ANY weight loss (sorry sis ;) )

1st 10lb in 4 weeks is amazing im only managing 1st a month so dont knock yourself thats a fab loss

It is fantastic, can you imagine losing that amount before the op? I've got my 6 week check up on Wednesday and I reckon I've lost about 2 stone since the op. Really chuffed. I'm getting lots of comments. Feeling really positive at the moment. :)

Ok girlies! I accept the telling off with a bump back down to earth. You lot with your tough love. Brilliant!

Ps, can anyone tell me how to shift the scrambled egg that is current stuck in my chest!

Hey everyone hope all of you are doing well. I know how you feel Melarnz I put on 3lbs last week and was so upset but its my TOTM so think that's why as im fancying all sorts of food too. I have lost the 3lbs again now so im a happy bunny again but I need to accept that having this surgery wont magically stop the symptoms that come with my period so I will still fancy crap food and retain water when im on.

Apart from that im doing ok food wise, im on mashed up with a fork stage now and I am managing all sorts of foods, including pasta and bread which I had told myself I wouldnt be able to tolerate, not sure if that's a good or bad thing to be honest! Im just happy I can tolerate meat so I can get my protein in!

How's everyone else getting on food wise? What type of foods are you eating?

Hi all hope u all well im still waiting to see endocrine its bloody rediculous and still had no results from the mri just wish they would hurry it all along now been waitin long enough

I'm on the mushed up stage now too. Haven't tried bread, but getting a little bored of weetabix for breakfast! Struggling toMy protein in, because I'm struggling to eat any substantial amount of any food!

I'm steering clear of pasta and potatoes. Just trying to eat meat and Fish. I found a lentil and tomato soup in aldi (a fresh one) that had 8g protein in it for just under one mugful. Thought that was a pretty good find.

I'm slowly getting back to myself now. No pain, just niggles. Just need more energy now!

Hello Terri and Banana how are things going?

How was your weigh in Terri always exciting !

Hope all you May oppers are doing ok

Best wishes Kate

Hi, weigh in went really well, I've lost 37% of my excess weight. So chuffed with that. They did tell me that I need to be more adventurous with what I'm eating. Need to try some different textures.

I know what you mean about getting fed up with the same foods Melarmz, especially at breakfast time.

Ive had a bad day and eve yesterday. I went out to dinner and I ordered a jacket spud and beans off the kids menu, all was going well, I ate slowly and then put my knife and fork down after a few bites, then after about 5 mins I went back to eat some more - Big mistake! ive been sick ever since, I clearly ate too much and im kicking myself for being so stupid! I just got caught up in being in a normal setting again I think. Well im paying for it now and ive literally felt queasy ever since last night and even to sip water makes me feel sick, ive just had a few nibbles on some chicken today just to eat something and that's it.

I will try and eat something abit more substanstial tomorrow if I can, but im going to go back to basics and not have any bread or pasta and just concentrate on getting in my protein.

Big learning curve for me there, I only had surgery 4 weeks ago I need to slow down and not try and run before I can walk.

I went out to dinner and I ordered a jacket spud and beans off the kids menu, all was going well, I ate slowly and then put my knife and fork down after a few bites, then after about 5 mins I went back to eat some more - Big mistake! ive been sick ever since, I clearly ate too much and im kicking myself for being so stupid! I just got caught up in being in a normal setting again I think.

I did the same thing; you're not alone.

I think it's quite easy for us to 'forget ourselves' and just eat like we used to.

A jacket potato and beans is carb-rich - there's not a lot of protein going on there, and it'll sit heavy in your stomach. I was tempted to have a few chips the other night, just 4 or 5 or so. Big mistake.

For me - I'm pretty much carb-free now. No bread or pasta, low gluten is also working for me now.

It's all experimentation on a steep learning curve, working out what we can and cannot eat. You'll get there; I'm still learning.

Thanks Big Dave, your completely right and before I had surgery I was successfully limiting my carbs and eating a protein rich diet and didnt look for carb rich foods. Since surgery it went abit pete tong because ive been on the puree and mashed up stage so it's been easier to have mash etc, but this has defo refocused me now.

I need to be focusing on my protein else im gonna get quite ill so no more being tempted and back to being strict with myself, I dont want to as sick as I have done for the past 2 days that's for sure!

I find I'm finding it easier to eat my protein now I'm on the soft stage. However because I can't eat much I tend to just eat protein rich food. So like yesterday I had weetabix for brekkie, a Camembert burger (breaded Camembert - lush!) for lunch (in 2 sittings) and a fillet of salmon for dinner. I am really surprised at how little I am bothered about other foods. I thought I'd be depressed about not being able to eat large portions and stuff, but it hasn't bothered me. I know it is still early days, but I'm pretty chuffed!

I'm 4 weeks out and had my sleeve on 27 May- finding the soft food before back on 'real' food tough as not hungry and struggling with ideas of what to have. Also feeling really nauseous all day- is anyone else experiencing this and if so any tips?
Thanks

I find I'm finding it easier to eat my protein now I'm on the soft stage. However because I can't eat much I tend to just eat protein rich food. So like yesterday I had weetabix for brekkie, a Camembert burger (breaded Camembert - lush!) for lunch (in 2 sittings) and a fillet of salmon for dinner. I am really surprised at how little I am bothered about other foods. I thought I'd be depressed about not being able to eat large portions and stuff, but it hasn't bothered me. I know it is still early days, but I'm pretty chuffed!

How did the Camembert work for you? Breaded, fried and the fat in the cheese? Any dumping afterwards?

I'm almost scared of cheese now, which is a shame, because I *love* cheese!

im proper drooling at that breaded camembert! Im a big cheese fan but id be scared to eat that for fear of dumping, I may give it a little nibble and try...

I'm 4 weeks out and had my sleeve on 27 May- finding the soft food before back on 'real' food tough as not hungry and struggling with ideas of what to have. Also feeling really nauseous all day- is anyone else experiencing this and if so any tips?
Thanks

Hiya Cherry I had a bypass on 27th of May and ive been nauseous all day for the past 4 days, ive been abit better today and I think it's because ive made myself have 3 protein rich meals today. I was really lacking in protein this past week and I think that may of played a part in the nausea.

I know what you mean about running out of ideas of what to have, I think that's why I wasnt eating very well, so now im on google looking for ideas to liven things up a little.

Back