• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2014 Surgeries

How did the Camembert work for you? Breaded, fried and the fat in the cheese? Any dumping afterwards?

I'm almost scared of cheese now, which is a shame, because I *love* cheese!

I love cheese too, I did have some shredded parmesan today with chicken and light ceasar dressing and it went down fine with no dumping. I guess it's all abit try abit and see, id be gutted if I couldn't eat any cheese anymore!

I love cheese too, I did have some shredded parmesan today with chicken and light ceasar dressing and it went down fine with no dumping. I guess it's all abit try abit and see, id be gutted if I couldn't eat any cheese anymore!

I had a little feta today - lived to tell the tale!

Cheese was my everything pre surgery!! :) why is it so darn nice?! I believe it was my major food downfall before, but don't deny myself a tiny bit these days.

I became a teenager again today, I've now lost 3st 7lbs woohoo!!!!!!xx

I'm a sleever so I didn't dump. But it was a treat! I do add light mature cheddar finely grated to things for added protein. Need to get some mozerella as that's supposed to be the highest protein cheese. I've never been a lover of cheese. I can take it or leave it. But I'm (probably too blinkered) just looking at protein.

I hsve a cheese allergy so im adding skim milk powder to everything I can for protein topup

Hiya Cherry I had a bypass on 27th of May and ive been nauseous all day for the past 4 days, ive been abit better today and I think it's because ive made myself have 3 protein rich meals today. I was really lacking in protein this past week and I think that may of played a part in the nausea. I know what you mean about running out of ideas of what to have, I think that's why I wasnt eating very well, so now im on google looking for ideas to liven things up a little.

Hi Ladyluck - so we were on the same day just slightly different procedures. Glad to know someone us feeling similar despite it not bring nice. I feel a but better today and think not eating has made it worse so you may be onto something about the protein full meals. I must try harder.
How are people's fluid intake? I'm really struggling to get up to a even 1l in.

I'm a sleever so I didn't dump. But it was a treat! I do add light mature cheddar finely grated to things for added protein. Need to get some mozerella as that's supposed to be the highest protein cheese. I've never been a lover of cheese. I can take it or leave it. But I'm (probably too blinkered) just looking at protein.

How many weeks post op are you Mel? It sounds like you are doing so well. I have hit the no weight loss weeks which is hard to take when I'm barely eating but I suppose that might be why too?

I went out to dinner tonight and just ordered a starter, mozerella in breadcrumbs with a Italian tomato dip, I managed one but it tasted amazing and no dumping thankfully.

Hi Ladyluck - so we were on the same day just slightly different procedures. Glad to know someone us feeling similar despite it not bring nice. I feel a but better today and think not eating has made it worse so you may be onto something about the protein full meals. I must try harder.
How are people's fluid intake? I'm really struggling to get up to a even 1l in.

Glad your feeling abit better today, I think the not eating thing probably had alot to do with, since ive been making myself eat my protein ive definitely felt alot less sick, but I have noticed I can eat alot less this week than I could last week.

Im with you on the fluid intake too, getting in 1 litre is hard going, before surgery I could easily get 2 litres of water down me because I was a gulper, drink a big amount in one go, now I cant do that im finding it hard, hope that it get's easier to manage as time goes on. I guess we need to be patient, were still early days, I forget that, it was only 4 weeks ago!

I too am struggling to get enough fluids in, don't think I am managing a litre, although probably am getting 3/4 cups of tea in on top of my nas squash. Hard to keep things varied, doing lots of prawns, crabstick, chicken in various flavours, but it is certainly keeping my brain busy, trying to come up with new ideas. Back to work tom and haven't decided what to take for lunch yet x

Hiya Sam, hope all goes welll with work tomorrow. It's a real struggle with the fluids but least your getting some fluids from those cups of tea. Hopefully as time goes on we will be able to get more fluids in, fingers crossed!

I went to a christening today, it's been a tough few weeks as ive had so many birhdays and family/friends functions to go to so it's really tested me. There was a wonderful buffet laid out and I did feel abit sad I couldn't enjoy it! It's all in my head of course because im not hungry. I settled on a little piece of quiche and after a few bites I stopped, about 15 mins later I did feel really full and like I needed to lie down but apart from that im glad I didnt pick anything else up.

I definitely find that if I eat anything other than high protein stuff like chicken/tuna/egg that whatever I eat I feel that full/sick feeling.

Having lots of chicken with different flavours, this eve was sweet chiili, lovely. Having poached egg for breakfast and mostly for lunch it's tuna with light mayo, red onions and abit of cheese.

Hope the rest of you lovely May oppers are doing ok x

Struggling to get enough fluids too, but mainly because of the time factor! 3 meals a day that take me about 15 mins to eat, with no fluid 30 mins before or 60 mins after that 1 hr 45 mins with no fluids 3 times a day that becomes 5 hours 15 mins out of the day when no fluids allowed, and that's without any snacks ( which I can't fit in anyway but hey they are supposed to be there) so who has time to drink? I have to try and remember to sip a lot in those few hours, struggling to get in a litre ATM. Tea is the easiest thing for me to drink, manage 3/4 cup before it goes too cold. Hoping fluids will get easier soon.

Struggling to get enough fluids too, but mainly because of the time factor! 3 meals a day that take me about 15 mins to eat, with no fluid 30 mins before or 60 mins after that 1 hr 45 mins with no fluids 3 times a day that becomes 5 hours 15 mins out of the day when no fluids allowed, and that's without any snacks ( which I can't fit in anyway but hey they are supposed to be there) so who has time to drink? I have to try and remember to sip a lot in those few hours, struggling to get in a litre ATM. Tea is the easiest thing for me to drink, manage 3/4 cup before it goes too cold. Hoping fluids will get easier soon.

Your so right Vegas, there is not enough hours in the day! fingers crossed it gets easier for sure.

60 minutes ours is 30 minutes check with your team see if they have some flexibility on that I would

Hello guys I'm 8 weeks post opp now 12 may feeling down I don't seem to be loosing anymore weight although I'm really not eating much at all 300. - 400 cals max ? I lost quickly as I know you do but it's stopped ? anyone else feeling yuk has your weight loss slowed or stopped
I've lost about 3 1/2 - 4 stone but noting for 2 weeks x

Need more intake aim is 800 calories though im managing about 600 still losing between 2 and 4lb a week or try changing foods that can sometimes give you a kick start to losing again

I think you need to up the calories too. I was done on 15th May and have lost about 2.5 stones. I usually get around 600 calories a day. Maybe if it's easier, add a protein shake as they tend to have quite a few cals and they're good for you too with all the protein.

You've had a fab loss so far, your body will need a bit of a break after losing so much in such a short time. Is not a race, your body is very clever and will start losing again in no time. xx

Back