• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2014 Surgeries

terrilou

Hi Everyone,

Not seen one created yet, so I thought I'd start a thread off for those of us having our surgeries in May, along with anyone else who can offer voices of wisdom etc. :)

My bypass has been booked for 15th May, according to the phone call I received from Dr Ahmed's Secretary on Friday. I'm waiting for the official letter to come and I'll start celebrating.

I was only put on the waiting list in January, so I haven't had to wait as long as I had expected. Now I'm trying to do more research around the post-op side as well as what to take to hospital with me etc. Its all very exciting.

T
xxx

Lincs Lass

Good luck everyone xx

terrilou

Thanks Lincs Lass,

You have done amazing, I can only hope to do as well as you.

T
xxx

princess4d4

good luck to all may oppers

Banana19

I'm super excited to be a part of May surgeries!! 3 weeks and one day to go, my date is 6th May :)

I have to get through a wedding the weekend before I go. I've decided not to have any alcohol at all as I'll be doing the LSD.

Really need to think of an excellent excuse for why I'm staying sober, don't want people to think I'm pregnant!! Any ideas guys or have you ever had to tell a little white lie to keep the surgery undercover? Xxx

terrilou

Welcome banana and good luck for the 6th. I used to be on Lighterlife without people knowing, so I always used to be the designated driver or I've just taken some ibuprofen for a pain somewhere or other. I don't like lying, but as I have back pain from an old accident, I could get away with it. xx

Banana19

Thanks lovelies!

I had my gallbladder out about a year and a half ago, I could perhaps say something related to that :) it's one of my good friends weddings, I do feel bad that I'll be taking a step back from all of the partying but I honestly want this surgery so much that nothing will be standing in my way :) xx

MrsDuck

Hi,

I'm a May opper too, same as Banana on the 6th may for a sleeve.

Banana, which hospital are you in?

Good luck everyone, once Easter is out of the way, it's LSD for me.

Talking of Easter, I'm going to enjoy my last egg this weekend. Yum xx

Banana19

Hi Mrs Duck,

I'm going to Czech Republic. :) I know someone who has already been to the same clinic so I have no concerns about it being abroad. Where will you be? Will be thinking about you!!

I was given guidelines for 2/3 weeks LSD so will be starting my diet very shortly too :)

X

terrilou

Good luck ladies, I have 1 month to go. Starting pre-op diet on 22nd. My Wedding anniversary is the 21st April, so we're going out for a chinese. That'll be my last super. xx

princess4d4

21st is my grandsons birthday no cake for nanny this year

terrilou

No cake, but you'll fell good about it hopefully, you'll be well on the way to recovery by then. xx

Bluegirluk

I have booked to be banded on the 31st. May so will be starting my pre op diet on 17th of May.
Good luck and best wishes to all.
Jane x

rob.74

Well I have my bypass on the 30th but I have a 2 week cruise on the 2nd of May then I come back and start my diet then the op. What a month

terrilou

A fantastic month for you. I had a 3 week cruise to the Caribbean 4 years ago and lost 2 lbs in weight. I didn't feel I missed out, was just careful. You'll have a great time, the pre-op will fly as the op will be just round the corner :0) how exciting. Hope you have a great holiday.

terrilou

Good luck Nikola, not long now. I'm getting excited. Less than a month now. I've set a countdown timer on the front screen of my phone. :0) you're 3 days after me. xx