• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2014 Surgeries

jamast has posted on another of their threads

Glad you are all managing ok....hope change4life is doing ok, well done ladies your an inspiration to us all

kate x

Nuttyblond I'm allowed 2/3 pints semi/skimmed milk,2 low fat yogurts, 2 potions of fruit and 2/3 of vegetables! Sugar free jelly as well. On day 17 of 21. Feel really awful today. On the plus side I have lost over a stone since starting pretty op!!

Thanks everyone for the lovely welcome.

Xx

Hi everyone :)

Feeling much much better today! Slept for almost 2 days solid but really on the other side of it all now, fingers crossed. I've managed to keep down some clear soup this afternoon and boy it tasted good!

I still have a touch of the cold though and coughing does hurt but I'm still very glad everything went ahead as it did. My drain is still in place but it hasn't bothered me too much. Sorry if too much info!!

How's everyone else getting on? Xxx

Hi,

Yes same as Banana really, got a bit of a chesty cough, not sure where it's come from. It kills when I cough so I'm trying to hold it in. Sleepy and windy too, and stiff.

Concerned about what I'm eating (drinking!). Water makes the wind worse so I'm on peppermint tea instead. OH made me a cuppa soup for lunch and I had maybe 10 dessert spoons, apx 1/4 cup. I saved the rest and just had some more for tea. Should I be solely on clear liquids initially? I'm sure The Prof said anything through a straw. Worried about doing damage now xx

PS, when do you come home banana? X

Hi Mrs Duck,

Glad to hear we are on the same par at the minute :) I'm on a liquid only for 2 weeks, nothing with any lumps at all. Had two clear soups today which have both stayed down :)

I'm starting my homeward journey at 1.30pm tomorrow and should arrive home about 9pm ish so will be a long day. How did you find the journey home? I'm concerned about car sickness xxx

Hi Banana and MrsDuck, it's good that you have each other to talk to about how you're doing.

At my pre-op the other day, the Physiotherapist told me that if I feel the need to cough, then I should do. You need to keep your lungs clear.

I will be on clear liquids for 2weeks after the op too, then at least a week on slightly thicker liquids, then at least a week on purees with the aim to be back on normal food by 3 months post op.

Very, I'm nervous about the op, but excited about the next 12 months. The opp is at a perfect time as I have a lovely dress that I want to wear during the summer, which should hopefully fit in a couple of months and I also have one that I'm using as a target for a work celebration in October. I like giving myself goals, but I'll also love it if both dresses are too big by the time I want to wear them. I haven't written a dress for about 5 years. Allways trousers. XX

Work a dress even. Flipping predictive text.

Worn!!!!!!!

Yes good luck terrilou, I hope you will keep us posted

Oh my with the predictive text was just on another thread that had slag bol too funny whats text it comes out with lol

2/05/14 ....Juicy Lucy ..... Band .... Dolan Park :winner:
6/05/14... Mrs Duck .... sleeve:winner:
6/05/14.... Change4life.... sleeve
6/05/14... Banana19... sleeve :winner:
6/05/14 ....Jamast....Bypass....Treliske, Cornwall
:winner:
13/05/13... Mandijayne...Band... Drewsberry
15/05/14 ....Terrilou .....Bypass ....Derby Royal
17/-5/14.. The Bear... Band.... Dolan Park
18/05/14.. Nikola.. Band.. Spire Manchester
18/05/14.. nuttyblond.. band ..Chelsfield Park Orpington Kent
21/05/14...Trish418 ....Bypass... Spire Solihull
24/05/14... Melarnz...Sleeve.. Kings College
27/05/14.....Samp24..Bypass..Treliske, Cornwall
28/05/14.. Kerry2656... sleeve
31/05/14.. BluegirlUK.. Band
30/05/14 ..Rob.74.. Bypass

some how my date had been changed to the 25th, I wish! have changed it back to 27th may. feeling well worried about being cancelled again. start the pre op diet again on Tuesday. second time lucky i hope.

Oh my with the predictive text was just on another thread that had slag bol too funny whats text it comes out with lol

That was probably mine too was it? I mentioned spag bol on a post the other day. xx

2/05/14 ....Juicy Lucy ..... Band .... Dolan Park :winner:
6/05/14... Mrs Duck .... sleeve
6/05/14.... Change4life.... sleeve
6/05/14... Banana19... sleeve :winner:
6/05/14 ....Jamast....Bypass....Treliske, Cornwall
13/05/13... Mandijayne...Band... Drewsberry
15/05/14 ....Terrilou .....Bypass ....Derby Royal
17/-5/14.. The Bear... Band.... Dolan Park
18/05/14.. Nikola.. Band.. Spire Manchester
18/05/14.. nuttyblond.. band ..Chelsfield Park Orpington Kent
21/05/14...Trish418 ....Bypass... Spire Solihull
23//05/14... Millywomble... Bypass
25/05/14... Melarnz...Sleeve.. Kings College
27/05/14.....Samp24..Bypass..Treliske, Cornwall
28/05/14.. Kerry2656... sleeve
30/05/14 ..Rob.74.. Bypass
31/05/14.. BluegirlUK.. Band

There I think thats right now. Sorry, I got muddled, it was Melarnz who cahnged to 25th- I blame the lack of protein lol
I wish we knew if Change4life had her surgery, and is recovering well. I wanna put a winner emoticon on hers!
Adding Millywomble.. our latest May recruit. Well done and congrats on getting a much awaited date Milly! :)

Last edited:
Back