• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2014 Surgeries

Will be thinking of you today Samp xx

Hope all goes well samp.

I'm feeling a bit pooey today. Surgeon came round put my cannula back in. My white blood cells are low and I think I have a chesty cold coming on. They gave me iv paracetamol last night and this morning. I'm up and out of bed, but feel very tired. I don't think it helps that my room has a building site next to it and there are workmen walking up and down the stairs past my window all day lol.

I've been waiting for diet coke aclock, but no one has taken their shirt off yet :-(

2/05/14 ....Juicy Lucy ..... Band .... Dolan Park :winner:
3/05/14...SimoneLongley... Sleeve :winner:
6/05/14... Mrs Duck .... sleeve :winner:

6/05/14.... Change4life.... sleeve
6/05/14... Banana19... sleeve :winner:
6/05/14 ....Jamast....Bypass....Treliske, Cornwall :winner:
12/05/14 ...Anniebannie... sleeve :winner:
12/05/14.. Debbie62... bypass... Derriford Plymouth :winner:
13/05/13... Mandijayne...Band... Drewsberry :winner:
15/05/14 ....Terrilou .....Bypass ....Derby Royal :winner:

17/-5/14.. The Bear... Band.... Dolan Park
17/05/14.. Nikola.. Band.. Spire Manchester :winner:
18/05/14.. nuttyblond.. band ..Chelsfield Park Orpington Kent :winner:

21/05/14...Trish418 ....Bypass... Spire Solihull :winner:
22/05/14...GeMzy....Sleeve.....London:winner:
23//05/14... Millywomble... Bypass
25/05/14... Melarnz...Sleeve.. Kings College:winner:
27/05/14.....Samp24..Bypass..Treliske, Cornwall
28/05/14.. Kerry2656... Bypass
30/05/14 ..Rob.74.. Bypass
31/05/14.. BluegirlUK.. Band

:D

I Tried my wetsuits on 2 weeks ago and there was no way they were doing up. Tried them on today and woohooo! They both do up quite easily. Oh dear, that means I'll need some new ones for the scuba holiberry in September. Sooooooo happy. :D:D:D:D:D

That's the best thing tho I think buying new stuff!! I'm really lookin forward to Xmas I don't no why so don't ask but I will be done by then n can't wait but a lovely sparkly dress but I will miss my huge duck dinner tho lol

I have seen Millywomble post on another thread too, seems to be doing ok since the op. xx

welcome to the other side Sam!! happy for you & your journey :)

(i have also seen millywomble post op on her diary doing well)

Hi Sam hope all went well I can't believe how many of us have or are having our opps in May I'm in my 3 rd week already still feel as if I'm dreaming I still haven't met anyone on here from plymouth Devon though who've had there opp in derriford

welcome to the other side sam get well soon mel

Aw Mel hope you feel better soon. I'm sure you will!
Glad you're on the other side now Sam! I'm on my phone so I can't mark you off the chart! I will do it tmw if noone gets there.
Good luck for tomorrow Kerry! Let us know when you are ready to climb aboard the May queens losers bench!! Xx

Hi all, how are you guys doing? Im pleased to report that things are def getting easier with each passing day, tomorrow will be 7 days since my op. The tiredness is still an issue, but even that has got a bit easier with each day. Im able to get a few more calories into myself with each passing day and that is def helping me not feel so tired. The pain is less too although it is still there but just not so much and so often, I think at times I am over doing it and that causes the pain but with a 4 year old and a 1 year old there is not much time for rest. I think picking up my 1 year old doesn't help either, but I have stopped taking the pain killers now and I am trying to manage it myself. Im also never sure if the pain is post surgery pain or wind pain?
Just a quick question for the more experienced amongst us, sometimes when I drink I experience a sharp pain immediately after swollowing that last just a few seconds, is this because Im drinking either too big a mouthfull or because Im drinking too quickly or too much? has any one else experienced this? As i have no restriction at the minute I think I could be guilty of both.

Thinking of you all who have just had surgery and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Good luck kerry, keep us posted. Hoping I can go home today but blood pressure low so will see, pain not too bad, mostly windy pain, really want my own bed x

Good luck all :)

Last day at home today before i travel up to Manchester for a stomach re-plumb :)

Got my pre op tomorrow mid afternoon ish, then amble around Stockport for the rest of the day. then get committed friday at 11;30 then op at 1pm

Don't know if excited is the word, not worried about Op just want it done if that makes sense

Back