• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2014 Surgeries

Hi all, how are you guys doing? Im pleased to report that things are def getting easier with each passing day, tomorrow will be 7 days since my op. The tiredness is still an issue, but even that has got a bit easier with each day. Im able to get a few more calories into myself with each passing day and that is def helping me not feel so tired. The pain is less too although it is still there but just not so much and so often, I think at times I am over doing it and that causes the pain but with a 4 year old and a 1 year old there is not much time for rest. I think picking up my 1 year old doesn't help either, but I have stopped taking the pain killers now and I am trying to manage it myself. Im also never sure if the pain is post surgery pain or wind pain?
Just a quick question for the more experienced amongst us, sometimes when I drink I experience a sharp pain immediately after swollowing that last just a few seconds, is this because Im drinking either too big a mouthfull or because Im drinking too quickly or too much? has any one else experienced this? As i have no restriction at the minute I think I could be guilty of both.

Thinking of you all who have just had surgery and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hi Trish, glad you're staying to feel better now, picking up a 1 year old will show down your recovery, I was told nothing heavier than a full kettle for a couple of weeks, I guess it'd be really hard not to pick your baby up though. As for the drinking, yes, I have felt a pain when I took too big a mouth full too. I don't feel any restriction yet either. Hopefully we will by the time we have food again. xx

2/05/14 ....Juicy Lucy ..... Band .... Dolan Park :winner:
3/05/14...SimoneLongley... Sleeve :winner:
6/05/14... Mrs Duck .... sleeve :winner:

6/05/14.... Change4life.... sleeve
6/05/14... Banana19... sleeve :winner:
6/05/14 ....Jamast....Bypass....Treliske, Cornwall :winner:
12/05/14 ...Anniebannie... sleeve :winner:
12/05/14.. Debbie62... bypass... Derriford Plymouth :winner:
13/05/13... Mandijayne...Band... Drewsberry :winner:
15/05/14 ....Terrilou .....Bypass ....Derby Royal :winner:

17/-5/14.. The Bear... Band.... Dolan Park
17/05/14.. Nikola.. Band.. Spire Manchester :winner:
18/05/14.. nuttyblond.. band ..Chelsfield Park Orpington Kent :winner:

21/05/14...Trish418 ....Bypass... Spire Solihull :winner:
22/05/14...GeMzy....Sleeve.....London:winner:
23//05/14... Millywomble... Bypass
25/05/14... Melarnz...Sleeve.. Kings College:winner:
27/05/14.....Samp24..Bypass..Treliske, Cornwall :winner:
28/05/14.. Kerry2656... Bypass
30/05/14 ..Rob.74.. Bypass
31/05/14.. BluegirlUK.. Band

congrats kerry and welcome to the other side

yes trish drinking too much or swallowing to fast can do that

terri im 6 weeks post op today on normal foods and no restriction as yet but that might be as i limit myself to 9 teaspoons max

Congrats Kerry, look forward to hearing from you again later. :)

Good luck all :) Last day at home today before i travel up to Manchester for a stomach re-plumb :) Got my pre op tomorrow mid afternoon ish, then amble around Stockport for the rest of the day. then get committed friday at 11;30 then op at 1pm Don't know if excited is the word, not worried about Op just want it done if that makes sense

I was the same as you mate - not excited as such, I just wanted it done and dusted.

Wishing you all the best mate, see you on the other side!

I feel a bit better now. I have managed 1 pint of water. 1/2 of skimmed milk with skimmed milk powder and banana smoothie. And a few spoonfuls of soup and a few mouthfuls of milkshake.

Already feeling a bit hungry again! Which I'm a bit gutted about.

However I am keeping myself occupied with the new kids craze, loom bands. Making bracelets out of little elastic bands in different designs. Keeps my mind occupied and my hands busy.

Thankyou terrilou and princess for your replys, I thought it could be because I was drinking too much and too quickly in one go, Iv made a concious effort today to slow day and I have had far less pain, I have however had the day from hell with CONSTIPATION OMG.
I have given birth to 3 children (one was sadly stillborn) and I can honestly say today was by far more painfull than any of my childbirths. At one point I was sitting on the toilet in tears :cry:, whats that all about??? After many long and painfull hours I think I have now finally cleared myself out but I never ever want to feel like I did today again. I think rather than cure I need to look for something for prevention ie:something I can take daily to keep me regular and avoid another re-run of today. I have brought some fibrogel sachets and plan to drink 1 sachet a day religiously from tonight. Any other ideas would be very welcome x

my gp gave me lactulose and laxido 2 x day for each and i am still not going only once every 8 or 9 days and it makes me bleed its that painful and hard still think its just par for the course for a while

All done, full of wind BP been birthday of a concern. But doing ok x sorry yr feeling pants Mel x

Hiya Sam it's your bed buddy from hospital, hope your doing ok. Im feeling quite uncomfortable now and missing the morphine but hopefully feel better tomorrow than I did today.

Ive sent a friend request for you on here so we can keep in touch.

Hiya everyone, I had a gastric bypass on the same day as Sam and we were next to each other in hospital. Im finding it abit hard to just sip water at the minute and have lots of soluable medication to take which is gonna take me all day to drink the rate im going! Apart from that im just glad to be home xx

Hi Lady luck and welcome, I hope things get easier for you soon. xx

Trish, I was told I shouldn't take fibogel as it expands, which isn't good for the new stomach. They gave me lactulose from the hospital. Maybe also something like dulcoease might help. Its a softener, not a laxative. I was told that most people are either one way or the other. I guess I'm quite lucky to be the other way round.

I was given lactuloce too, just waiting to go with the flow (pardon the pun lol)

Welcome Lady Luck & best wishes for your weight loss journey, I had a sleeve last thursday & found it very hard to keep any fluid in the next day, by saturday a cup of tea was my savour, I found warmer drinks a lot easier the first few days & everyday my intake of liquids got a bit more, a week out & I am nearly at my daily requirement of fluids, take your time & let your new pouch guide you, you will get there once acquainted with it :)

Hello all
Sorry Ive been away for a couple of weeks and missed loads of posts, well done Mel so glad you are finally on the bench, glad all is going ok.
Poppsicles could you tell me what VLC diet is as I am having a rubbish time with my eating, and any help would be great.
I hope all the May patients are all doing well, Terrilou, banana, and did we ever hear back from change for life ?

Kind regards kate

Nope, never heard anything from Change4life or TheBear. Neither have posted anywhere else for a while that I can see. I hope they're OK.

I'm doing great, tried driving today and it hurt, so won't be doing that again for a bit. :(

May Queens and Kings, I am doing my packing as I travel up to Birmingham tomorrow straight after work and staying overnight in a hotel as have to be at the Spire Solihull for 7 am the next day.
What did you pack that you could not have done without?
I am being banded and staying one night in the hospital.
Obviously IPad and phone lol

Hey lady luck, glad you found me
Feeling ok today, not sleeping great, can't get comfy, but kerry keep moving to get rid of the wind. I'm still full of it. Being religious about sipping constantly and have had some soups and milked down yogurt. X

Good luck bluegirl, I think I packed too much that I didn't use. Such as my lip salve. Moisturiser was useful as skin was dry on face. Did my first injection this morning and wasn't too bad, did you do yrs Dan? X

Just had my first drink of coffee bliss they just took my drain out think I'm still full of air tho feel uncomfy told the other half to bring the peppermint tea up later gonna give that a go

Back