• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2014 Surgeries

No nothing from Mel. Glad to hear your doing well. I have another week before the mashed phase and I am looking forward to it.

Hi guys. Sorry I have been AWOL, I've been laid up a bit. I've had a bad infection and it seems my internal stitches are being a *****. Every time I move, poo, cough , sneeze or sit. It hurts. Car journeys are a problem, I went to my mother in laws today, and had to have the chair laid flat!

I moved onto purée today. Which has so far consisted of a very milky weetabix and an ice lolly lol. Hubby is in the process of mashing up chicken, mash and gravy.

Hope you guys are all ok xxxx

Hi guys. Sorry I have been AWOL, I've been laid up a bit. I've had a bad infection and it seems my internal stitches are being a *****. Every time I move, poo, cough , sneeze or sit. It hurts. Car journeys are a problem, I went to my mother in laws today, and had to have the chair laid flat! I moved onto purée today. Which has so far consisted of a very milky weetabix and an ice lolly lol. Hubby is in the process of mashing up chicken, mash and gravy. Hope you guys are all ok xxxx
Good to hear from you , sorry you are still feeling like poo. Xx

I'm ok thanks Dan. Looking forward to moving on to the next stage. Had pureed corn beef hash with gravy and was great. Only two tablespoons but it was fab. No pain really, but probably doing a bit too much at times. Tired today. X
Has anyone heard from Mel?

Glad your doing ok, it's very easy to do too much isnt it? You forget you only had major surgery less than 2 weeks ago.

Im looking forward to moving onto the next stage but more so looking forward to when I can just take normal tablets, ive got this one tablet that I have to crush and no matter what you do (put in a yogart, put in a drink etc) it tastes absolutely disgusting and the taste lingers on m tounge for ages afterwards.

I seem to not have too much of a restriction yet as I will have 3 tablespoons and then a forth and I feel like I could eat more than that but stop anyways incase the next spoonful makes me feel sick. I thought id just have 2 spoons and feel so full but that doesnt seem to be the case at the moment.

Hi guys. Sorry I have been AWOL, I've been laid up a bit. I've had a bad infection and it seems my internal stitches are being a *****. Every time I move, poo, cough , sneeze or sit. It hurts. Car journeys are a problem, I went to my mother in laws today, and had to have the chair laid flat!

I moved onto purée today. Which has so far consisted of a very milky weetabix and an ice lolly lol. Hubby is in the process of mashing up chicken, mash and gravy.

Hope you guys are all ok xxxx

Glad your doing ok, I had an infection in 2 wounds and it was really painful so I literally feel your pain, the antibiotics do the trick after a few days though.

I got weighed this evening and I've lost 23.5 lbs since the op. Really chuffed with that. :)

Well done you two, yr doing really well. Haven't weighed yet, fingers crossed for a decent loss when I do. Hope rest of may gang are ok x

I've lost exactly 2 stone. I'm still in a bit of pain. I think it's my internal stitches that are pulling everytime I move! Seeing my surgeon tomorrow, to make sure everything is ok.

May Queens and Kings when were you told you could have a bath?
I am 11 days post banding and have glued wounds which look fab, I just want a bath sooooooooo badly. I was allowed to shower the next day!

I don't know, I haven't had a bath for about 2 years. Lol!

Glad everyone is doing ok and congrats on the weight loss! I have lost 17lbs since my surgery date on 27th May. Sam your so good not weighing yourself yet! I wish I had your willpower, I cant keep off the scales it's really bad of me!

Im not sure about the bath question but they did say to me not to soak the wounds at first but can't remember for how long, if the wounds have closed over id imagine that would be ok but id definitely ask your provider just to be sure.

Wow Dan, that's fab, you feeling well? I feel fine got another two weeks off work so am doing little bits and bobs but trying to take it easy x

Im feeling fine thanks Sam, still abit of a chore to get my fluids in but apart from that all is well. Glad to hear your doing ok too, enjoy your time off and relax is this lovely weather x

Hi may opppers, we doing ok?. How many calories are you managing to get in each day? I am on about 500 to 600. Is this about right? I'm about three weeks out and still on puree/mushy stage.
Let me know how you're all doing x

Hi, in getting in between 400 and 600 calories a day and I'm on normal food now, although I'm still really just having soft stuff. Was naught at the weekend and thought I'd try a fruitella sweet. Within a couple of minutes of swallowing it, I had palpitations and my head was banging. I was also sick a tiny bit. A pretty mild dump I think, but it wasn't pleasant. First time it happened and hopefully the last.

Im an april opper 9 weeks almost I have 700 a day but they do say when normal foods try for 800 to 1000 im trying to work upto it slowly

Back