• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Message to Myself ... diary to remind me where I have been and where I am going

U are doing amazingly well with the band. I have gained a lot over this festive period by drinking and eating a lot. I think I need a refill as I can eat a house full of food. It's driving me crazy. I seriously need help. Flutterby can you help me with a typical banders meal or menu as I need to get back on track. I have lost 4stones in 8months. But I have gained gained about 9lbs within two weeks. That is how fast I gain weight. Need help please

I have gained 5lbs in total over two weeks but it's going back down again already. I am in maintenance so lucky that if my calories are around 1600 or less the weight starts falling off again. Luckily I don't drink much or often ... Its deffo the sweets and choccies that get me. But I have hot awful stomach ache with the amount of sugary stuff I have been consuming over Xmas so hopefully my head will very quickly get back in gear. My maintenance diet is actually very similar to the rules I followed when I was losing weight, apart from the fact that I now have full fat yoghurts/cheese etc and more milky drinks instead of lower fat alternatives...so it's really easy to get back into losing if I need to.

Typically for me:

Breakfast - yoghurt/granola/fruit or porridge or crackers and ham/cheese/egg or 1 slice of toast with butter and jam or peanut butter
Snack - protein bar
Lunch - protein first (salmon/tuna/ham/chicken/egg) and salad/veg and/or crackers
Snack - fruit or yoghurt/fromage frais
Dinner - similar to lunch but with a carb such as a couple of desert spoons of potato/pasta/rice
Snack - milky coffee or hot chocolate

I very often make homemade vegetable soups/broths as although its slider food, I find it filling and it helps me increase the amount of veggies I consume, as otherwise I wouldn't have enough. Generally (apart from battered/breaded fish portions which I find are a really satisfying standby frozen food) everything I have is homemade in bulk and portioned/frozen (stews/bolognese/shepherds pies) so I know exactly what's in it and I can make sure its got plenty of protein in. I don't ban any foods, and I don't limit carbs or fats because my body needs them. I do plan my days food ahead however, and quite often I have spare calories so if I want a 'treat' I can count it in, without ruining any good work .... Christmas period excepted obviously :rolleyes: like you said, I can eat a house full of food too .... But if I focus, while I am not perfect LOL most of the time I don't. You can do it ... Think positive, maybe the 9lbs will have given your metabolism a boost and they will drop off when you refocus ... Good luck :D

Back to 1600 cals average a day and the Christmas gain has gone and I am back down to 9st 4lbs.

You are a great inspiration / role model for someone like me you know. You have a great attitude to your diet and it's great to know how your going with maintaining your "normal" diet xxx

half a stone ... back on

Never thought I would be saying that...and be happy about it?! But I look so much better for it. I am still a stone less than my profile picture. No change in clothes size. A size 10-12 still but my face looks far less gaunt.

Ok, so newbie banders, probably think its time to go for a band fill, to get a tighter restriction, as I have had no fill since October 2012 and if I can gain that much weight in a few weeks definitely the bands not working?

No, my band is still definitely here and working (and although I can eat slightly more some days than I used to be able to do a year or so ago) shock horror it's the food I am popping in my mouth and some bad habits that have crept in that have helped me gain. Chocolate, sweets and biscuits! Yep. Not tracking my food intake as often. Yep. Remember the last supper lots of wls patients have before their op, I am currently of that mindset...but it's been more than one last supper so to speak.

So why am I putting this in writing? Not because I am a failure and am looking for help, but to remind myself and others 1. how easy it can be to start on the slippery slope backwards again, and 2. to start focussing my mind again on my original plan of action, which was 1. To gain weight, but remain under 10st for the time being (although I actually in all honesty, I look best at 10 1/2 to 11st) then 2. give up sugar for lent in aid of childline. 40 days to kick that sugar rush addiction of mine and give something back ... Oh happy days ... Step 1 now achieved and I plan starting lent early ... Next Saturday. So my Mfp diary will be open again and I will be logging honestly ... Cannot let kiddies charity down :)

Most of the half stone I put on, has dropped off again this week as I have not felt 100%, so I have felt restriction. Day 1 of my lent started today .... Mmmm I think giving up chocolate etc will be hard. Someone at work said to me ... So what will you eat, all we ever see you eat is chocolate :eek: I didn't think I was THAT bad, but I must admit, I probably have been eating more of the stuff than I did pre-band op :rolleyes: time to be a good bander again :angel09:

I DONT NEED CHOCOLATE; I DONT NEED CHOCOLATE; I DONT NEED CHOCOLATE

if I say it often enough it will be true :rolleyes:

Ohhhhh I know how you feel hun I have been reciting similar words to myself all evening too... Nuts just aren't hitting the spot tonight aaaaarghhhhh

Try not to have chocolate in the house if it's giving you problems, eat it all up or heaven forbid throw it in the bin.

My strategy for the sweet stuff (before 1 march, of course) is that I allow myself to have biscuits etc at team meetings; or puddings if we go to friends for dinner; or spend no more than £1 on sweets or chocolates when I fill up my car with fuel once a week. We do have biscuits and chocolates in the cupboards at home, it's strange that I am not even tempted by those ... But the old habits of wanting to eat loads of the free bickies etc just is still there :eek: as often said, the wls doesn't fix the head .... So you have to develop coping strategies to retain control x

You're probably eating no more than following WW or SW eating plans with regards to biscuits or chocolate allowed. So long as you can keep it under control, what the heck, enjoy.

My strategy for the sweet stuff (before 1 march, of course) is that I allow myself to have biscuits etc at team meetings; or puddings if we go to friends for dinner; or spend no more than £1 on sweets or chocolates when I fill up my car with fuel once a week. We do have biscuits and chocolates in the cupboards at home, it's strange that I am not even tempted by those ... But the old habits of wanting to eat loads of the free bickies etc just is still there :eek: as often said, the wls doesn't fix the head .... So you have to develop coping strategies to retain control x

Like you said earlier, it's literally 'life Mantra' lots of
I must
I must not

Sounds like you have it 'licked' - pardon pun xx

It's all about balance :devilangel: and not doing the guilt/viscious circle thing :)

Chocolate's overrated anyway ;)

All the best for your abstinence, don't give in and buy this when you finish lol

giant_chocolate_bar-6126.jpg

Lovely, now I don't know if that was an instruction not to give into temptation to buy the lovely scrumptious looking bar at all, or not to give in now, then I have permission to buy the bar once I have succeeded :rolleyes: yummmmmm ... Three days down, only another 42 to go ...

Back