• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!
I'm really good thanks @Carby2barbie It will be 4 weeks tomorrow since my surgery and my first day on soft food. I just hope it goes as well as the first 2 stages! I have now lost a total of 3st 1lb since I started the pre-op diet (1st 9lb of which is since my surgery) so very happy xxx

Puréed food .... interesting to say the least, you really have to not eat with your eyes!! Great having a bit more consistency... 2table spoons looks like nothing but it is quite enough. I suppose that's the mental side you have to get over!!
Still can't get over its 3weeks tomorrow since op and I feel like I haven't even had anything done!! So nice to be driving again!
1 week until I can move onto the soft food stage! Then I can put my smoked fish craving at bay!

Hi ya Carby so pleased to see you're all done and dusted and on the way to healing..
Hope to read some updates from you soon ..

Also really interested to know what your surgeon said about the minimiser ring???

Your weight on the day of surgery is exactly what I weigh now.. xx

Thank you @valentine!

My surgeon is very 'for' fobi rings they come in four different sizes the smallest being 5.5cm and the largest being 7cm. I have the largest as this is what he recommended because of my age and also because I intend to exercise. I did spend hours researching and questioning him (as I could email him constantly) all about the fobi ring? Especially after reading your diary. Apparently although the gastric band and fobi do similar things .... the fobi ring is made differently and because there is no outlet like the GB there is no added pressure so is less likely to slip,erode etc although there is a less than 1% chance. In my surgeons experience he has never had any problems in the 10years he has been using the ring. And the long term effects are so much greater than a bypass without one.

I am 3weeks 3days post op now! And have my 6week check on the 27th April. So we will see if he's happy with my progress then!!

healing well but got a chest infection. Loving any liquid with a kick to it, craving flavour and puree stage week and a bit to go!!!

Good god Missy you are amazing .. deff a positive person indeed .. here's to your next missing stone !

I'm so pleased you are healing fabulously and back in the driving seat..
It's the worst thing to not be able to drive isn't it..
Yes I have read it was 1% or less that had any kind of complication and that's fine by me..
I know with my past Band problems that my surgeon wouldn't have even suggested it if it had the same kind of risks associated with the band.

He is quite anti band placement but views the fobi/minimiser ring completely differently :)

Surgeons have a much better grasp of the data about things than us patients so I do trust his judgement ..
I'm thrilled to see you are in the 15st bracket!!!

So exciting isn't it to be melting away x x x

Started the soft food stage yesterday! It is sooo lovely being able to chew again!! 6weeks without any consistency and I'm finally chewing! Lots and lots and lots!! Managed more than two table spoons for dinner... only just and making sure I stop before I think I'm full.
I have to say the hard is battle is with your mind!! My head says cor this is delicious I don't wanna stop and my tummy is full before I've even properly started! But I know what I have to do!!
I have been swimming twice now and loving that I can exercise again! I feel fantastic, my skin is great and I sleep through the night without waking!!
Fair to say I am loving my new life!!!

Yes that is a battle you have to learn to win. I still occasionally have to wage the war between my eyes and my belly even now but after eating too much or too quickly and experiencing the pain that comes with it, I've learnt my lesson. My suggestion is to keep using small plates and bowls. I portion things out to remove the temptation to over eat because normally once I've finished it I actually don't want any more.

It sounds like you're doing really well, paying attention to what you are doing and how you feel which is vital :)

Excellent work! :woohoo:
Onwards and downwards!

No I haven't as I avoid the camera so much!! I have one I took ages ago but need to find it xx how are you doing xx
I understand how you feel about pics as I wont even look at my sons wedding photos. my pic that I use on here is the only one I have seen as my daughter set all this up for me. I struggle with cravings for food and sucked a French fry then spit it out, sorry it sounds gross but I do think boredom has a huge part to play. I used to fill my day with cooking and cleaning but I am rebelling and want some excitement.

Back