• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!
Hi @Carby2barbie really pleased that you're doing so well :) I'm feeling much better this week just tired, I found protein shakes to heavy for me so advised by the dietitian to have milk and soups supplemented with marvel milk powder, which wasn't so heavy! Today is my fist day of puréed food managed one tiny pot of fromagefrais but didn't enjoy it as it was way too sweet for me! My plan for dinner is mashed potato with beans and a little bit of cheese blended together (should be ok for protein I hope!) I will still have some soup because I don't want to overdo the eating on my first day! Xx

Yes that's a good idea you don't wanna push it on your first time on the puréed! That sounds delicious! Have you craved anything?? Looking forward to hearing how you get on xx

Yes that's a good idea you don't wanna push it on your first time on the puréed! That sounds delicious! Have you craved anything?? Looking forward to hearing how you get on xx
It was absolutely delicious food tasted so yummy lol
I used 3 bits of Asda frozen mash, 2 desert spoons of baked beans and a sprinkle of mature cheddar then all blended together. Managed most of it but stopped when I felt full and I'm still not hungry now so for tea I think I will have soup and then for supper that skyr yogurt (really good for protein) :)

It was absolutely delicious food tasted so yummy lol
I used 3 bits of Asda frozen mash, 2 desert spoons of baked beans and a sprinkle of mature cheddar then all blended together. Managed most of it but stopped when I felt full and I'm still not hungry now so for tea I think I will have soup and then for supper that skyr yogurt (really good for protein) :)

Ooo are they? That's good to know! Are they sugar free??
Well done you sounds lovely!!
How much have you lost now? Sorry I only noticed your stats weren't there. Xxxxx

Ooo are they? That's good to know! Are they sugar free??
Well done you sounds lovely!!
How much have you lost now? Sorry I only noticed your stats weren't there. Xxxxx
When I came back from Cuba and started my pre op diet I was 20st 13lb, day of surgery I was 19.7st last time I weighed myself was 3 days ago and I was 18.5st so really pleased :) The skyr 100g is 11g protein and 4g sugar so not too bad!

Its done me the world of good reading your posts, it reminds me there is such a thing as post op.

Its done me the world of good reading your posts, it reminds me there is such a thing as post op.

Good I'm glad @djajb. how are you feeling? What pre op diet are you doing? These next couple of weeks are going to fly for you and your going to be done before you know it! Xxx

Feeling a little numb today, think its shock. Had to stop myself from phoning hospital to confirm date again, which I did yesterday.... Just used to the feeling of waiting for a date. Doing the very restricted diet, low fat, sugar and starch. Having Bovril drink as fill up at the moment and enjoying it..suprise

OH! here I go into cleaning mode. cant possibly not wash all throws and cushion covers and then rearrange my basket of pot pourri moving on to cleaning windows. AHHH stop

Great news about the surgery. you seem to be recovering amazingly quick which i bet is a relief. My family don't believe me when i say the thought of the surgery itself doesn't bother me. i don't know if that will change once i get my date but i'm definitely more worried about the aftermath so its relieving to see it can be easier for some folks.
Good luck on your Journey and with your new life! it sounds like you're doing amazing so far :)

Thank you @_Victoria_ . The run was actually worse than the operation. Once your date is here it goes so quickly. It's unbelievable really that a week ago tomorrow, I had it done. Which means only one week left on the liquid stage! Do you know what operation you are having? Xx

I don't know which op i'm having yet. I asked my surgeon for the bypass and he says he will go into the op with the intention of doing a bypass but because of my size he might have to give me a sleeve.. so its either or, i wont know until its over.
How are you going with the liquid stage?

I don't know which op i'm having yet. I asked my surgeon for the bypass and he says he will go into the op with the intention of doing a bypass but because of my size he might have to give me a sleeve.. so its either or, i wont know until its over.
How are you going with the liquid stage?[/QUOTE

Absolutely fine a lot easier than I thought it would be! And I only have a week left and it seems like nothing. Lots of sipping water throughout the day. I did do a lot of pre planning before my op so it has been nice and easy and haven't really had to think about it.
And after the pre op diet it's fine. Xx

This is the first time weighing food and I am shocked how big my portions were. Structure and planning works for me so everything I can have is already prepared the night before, bought new batteries for the kitchen scales just in case they were wrong lol.

Back