• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!
Morning everyone!!!

WEIGH DAY UPDATE

2lb off this week. Making me 14st6lb!

Have had a massive sort out this week and whilst clearing out bits, I can across hidden chocolate wrappers from giant bars of chocolate that I would eat to make myself feel better without my other half knowing! But actually it only made me feel worse! It's such a great feeling not having to go down the 'chocolate' isle just to see what's on offer ... I can walk passed and not even being bothered. Food is not my treat anymore and in fact I'm getting greater satisfaction out of other things now.
Weight loss really is not just physical, it's mental ..... and sometimes it's a long time that your mind is playing catch up! But the only way is down on the scales and onwards and upwards through life!! Pressures and worries are melting away .... the best choice I have ever made!

Also I have decide to get a personal trainer for 10weeks .... so that I can say I tried my best And can feel comfortable in my bridesmaid dress for august! My biggest hang up is my arms... they really can make you look soooo much bigger than you are... and my arms will be out all day! :( so will we see! Nervous and excited at the same time!

Lots of love xxxx

Congratulations! You're doing so well!

Well it's 3months 2weeks post op and another 4lb off this week! Making me 13stone 8 ..... 4lb until I have lost 5stone ..... what the hell??? Crazy. People really starting to notice but I'm not sure how I feel about this?? I really don't want anyone to know about the surgery I have had. I tend to try and shrug the weight comments off and make out that I have t lost what I have. I literally only have a few people that know but all a sudden am getting paranoid others know!!! What do I do if someone asks me out right? It's not in me to lie .... but I feel I would have too.
My personal training is going great and have def got the buzz and love it!! But still my arms are such a issue and even in this hot weather I'm wearing a jacket or cardy! 8weeks until I'm a bridesmaid! So hopefully all this work will pay off and I can be brave walking down the aisle.

Hope your all well

Well done, you're really working hard to make the most of the tool you've been given :)

Well it's 3months 2weeks post op and another 4lb off this week! Making me 13stone 8 ..... 4lb until I have lost 5stone ..... what the hell??? Crazy. People really starting to notice but I'm not sure how I feel about this?? I really don't want anyone to know about the surgery I have had. I tend to try and shrug the weight comments off and make out that I have t lost what I have. I literally only have a few people that know but all a sudden am getting paranoid others know!!! What do I do if someone asks me out right? It's not in me to lie .... but I feel I would have too.
My personal training is going great and have def got the buzz and love it!! But still my arms are such a issue and even in this hot weather I'm wearing a jacket or cardy! 8weeks until I'm a bridesmaid! So hopefully all this work will pay off and I can be brave walking down the aisle.

Hope your all well
Well done on the loss.

Sometimes life throws decisions at us when we have to question what is most important to us, our integrity or our desire (naturally enough) for privacy? Only you will know whether lying to people you care about is going to make you feel worse than what feelings may come up with telling people. What is it that is bothering you about telling people? Are you worried people will judge you?

Unfortunately we live in a society that is obsessed with weight loss. I have had no problems with people knowing other than two people who I don't know well being really nosy about what I was in hospital for or how had I managed to lose so much weight since seeing them a year ago (the chances are they know now from others who do), but I had no problem withholding some information , but at 9 months out I am getting fed up with it being the first thing that people who haven't seen me for a few weeks want to talk about first. 'You are looking well' equates to the surface and bears no relation to how you are actually feeling, as if losing weight is the answer to everything!

The two things that have helped with my arms were swimming and increasing fluids. They will never be not loose but they don't look as wrinkled as they used to be. If only I could say the same for my upper inside thighs!!

You can do the bridesmaid thing - think how good you will feel afterwards, and anyway I expect everyone's eyes will be on the bride anyway. Don't let fear get in the way of such an important occasion. They don't come up very often.

Thank you so much for the lovely encouraging words. I agree there is just so much pressure from every angle these days for weightloss. I think I'm such a sensitive person I just can't or won't be able to deal with the judgement and haven't got the confidence to stand up to comments, well negative ones anyway. I really just don't ever want anyone to know xxx

Thank you so much for the lovely encouraging words. I agree there is just so much pressure from every angle these days for weightloss. I think I'm such a sensitive person I just can't or won't be able to deal with the judgement and haven't got the confidence to stand up to comments, well negative ones anyway. I really just don't ever want anyone to know xxx
I can only speak from my experience, but no one has been judgemental - everyone I have told (and there are at least a 100) who have commented have thought it was the right thing for me to do, and congratulated me on my achievements. They are pleased I am becoming healthier. I admire your strength to go it alone, as I couldn't have done that xx

Theme "you're looking well" bugs me too @SAM55 . One of the nurses I'd not seen for a while at the pain clinic went on and on in a packed waiting room about how she'd not recognised me and how great I must be feeling right now. She knew my medical history too and it pissed me right off tbh. My life long medical stuff was never linked to my weight, yes some other stuff has improved but brain damage and mutated DNA don't care what dress size I'm in ;)

@Carby2barbie I've told virtually no one because I'm not and never have been interested in what other people think about my body. When I was bigger it was as if no one dare mention it anyway (did they think I hadn't noticed? ;) )so it has been and remains a struggle to deal with other people talking about how I look even if they're making positive comments, I don't enjoy that bit. Otherwise it's the best thing I ever did. I've never been a healthy weight without an eating disorder along for the ride, usually with a side helping of depression. So getting good test results in hospital is amazing. At my last pre op the nurse asked if I did a lot of cardio because my resting heart rate is so low. My body isn't wearing itself out quite so quickly just keeping me upright. My body has been through so much and somehow kept me alive, I needed to repay all that work by looking after it better :)

I can lift myself up in bed to change position easily. At work and the cinema (I go a lot) the seats don't painfully dig into my legs anymore and I can feel the muscles in my body working when I exercise. I can buy the clothes I like not just the ones that happen to be the right size a lot more.

How about you? How are you feeling 3 and a bit months out?

I am now 4months 1week post op! With a loss of 5stone 3lb.
It does cerntainly get easier you live and learn with regards to what you can and can't eat, portions etc.
I went to a wedding yesterday and wore a size 12! I was sooo excited that it fit and size 12 is a small size ..... yet I still feel like I'm a size 20. I'm beginning to think it will take a while for the mind to catch up!

BMI is now 32.4 soooo still classed as obese! How the bloody hell do they work that out!! Ooo well it's a lot lower than it was! And who actually cares about BMI anyway!!

Back