• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My post op diary- Don't look back in anger I hear you say

Went out tonight. Had planned on chicken tikka which I had but also had ice cream and one after eight. Came home and had two large glasses of Port and some cheese. Although not the best, I had hardly eaten all day and this is a huge improvement for me on a bad day. I ate like a regular person with. No crazy binging even though I went off plan with the ice cream and after eight came home and had a drink and a nibble. Since surgery t his would have knocked me into a crazy chocolate binge so doing good for my bad day :)

Hey thats a good day! I have been bad.... since being able to eat "real food" im finding im not eating then justifying eating lots at night. The band isn't filled yet i broke down to my surgeon i just don't know what to do.

I am not really gaining so thats good but I need to be better. Going to go back on liquids for a week just to kick start the system.

I think i am over eating because i shovel it in quickly as if im playing a game with the band eat too much before the band notices. This is bad very bad I feel horrid after.

Going to work on this.

I'm struggling to my lovely.....don't know what to say, but we do know this isn't easy and it will take us time.....I've failed my bypass so this is my final chance....but WE WILL get there, WE WILL do this.....deep breath....and go back to the beginning.

Baby steps.......xxxxxxx

This is a hard hard time for foodies I am going for damage limitation. I weigh in tomorrow and I will be lucky to have lost 2lb all month. But how much did I usually gain over December ? We will do this. We just don't need to do it all this week xxx

getting frustrated.. I feel like I can eat anything I want... Nothing is causing issue apart from chicken lol had a few puky moments when it was too dry.. But i just feel normal. getting so mad about it and im unsure what to do. I know ive not had a fill maybe my expectations are out of sync who knows. I am not really gaining but im not loosing.

Same here Gweni. Try to get to a place where you get your protein in and make sensible choices and the weight will come off

I think my expectation of what my band could do for me was way to high. But in the long term I think I will get to where i want to be but it will be at one to two pounds a week.

I am abroad this week and have piled on pounds. But am determined to get started again of Boxing Day on my return he

Stay positive xx

WELL i did it.. I didn't gain over xmas I feel better I have my first fill this week and am using this boost to help me!

I can't wait ive been stalling but I also know ive been testing the band too...

Not been online for a while didn't want to bring others im totally feeling like I've paid this money for a tool and its not working.

I've been the same weight now since pre christmas I can't seem to shift had mzy first fill 2.5 mls made no difference. I am trying to eat slower chew more etc etc etc imm clearly not eating too much or id be gaining but im not loosing either just wanna scream

Gweni look at my signature.....I haven't had huge loses either and pretty much been saying the same.....don't despair, I've just had my second fill, so now up to 6.5mls in a 10ml band.......had fill yesterday, so I'm now going to be positive and have a good loss this month!!!

Zxxx

Gweni. I am only 2.5lb lighter than I was at the end of November and just had your post as a conversation with my husband. I know I was not great in December but have been on track since first January, two and a half pounds...but I have just gone upstairs and tried on my entire wardrobe, and although I am no lighter, I am defo smaller round the middle....we need to keep at it kiddo....nowt else for it ((((((Huggs)))))) keep posting on here every single day, tell us how you are doing and feel the love xxxxxxx

It will come off eventually xxxxxxx

Gweni...your In a stall. Just read through this whole diary...read it from the beginning...you have lost loads, not gained over Xmas. I had a stall a couple of months in...but really shrunk. Try on your clothes. I bet your shrinking...

Well im still maintaining I think I dropped 1lb but my scales keep going up and down a lb second fill soon maybe thazt will feel better.

Spoke to gp my head just a bit fuzzy and maybe why I'm in this funk. Also want to request an xray of pouch I feel that I can eat more than I should :(

But work is keeping me buuuusy!

haha i just about to read it xx

Yeah I think im done this Funk.. I have had a good talk with myself and after this fill I am going to take a different approach!

I need to put in more work stop making excuses and get down with what i am doing!

Back