• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My secret band diary

So today i weigh

13st 2 (184lb)- total loss 26lb, waist 35 (loss 5 in) hips 41 (loss 4 in).

Anyone looking at measurements, ive attached a clothing size guide

image-3824121702.jpg

Well its been 4 weeks since my last post, 2 fills and im still the same weight.

Been beating myself up about it. My poor eating habits are returning. Sugar and nice things are creeping in. Just goes to show it is not a quick fix and you still need to diet.

If your heads not in the game then its tough going. Sometimes i feel that a years membership to slimming world would have been cheaper.

Hugs tweety ..... your right hunni. your head has certainly got to be in that right space its so easy to let those naughty's back in.... but don't beat yourself up, thats the sure way to get back on that vicious cycle.... factor in a treat everyday so you don't feel deprived, this band is for life now, its no quick fix, its no magic wand, its a tool to help you.... there is no race to get there, slowly does it... learn from your mistakes and find what works for you...... i had a month long stall, just because i wasn't 100% on the ball, its such a fine line, we don't need to eat massively or lots of bad things to stop that weight from coming off, just as simple as not keeping check of the cals going in is all it takes.
Yes its still like being on a diet, i was under no illusion there..... unfortunately its not always about our tummy's.... .its those blooming head demons. Just set realistic goals, its about striking a balance. Unfortunately if we want those losses we need to sacrifice those old bad habits. Someone once said we can have it all........ but i'm sure thats what got us here in the first place :) i guess something has to give !!!

Like i say dont beat yourself up tho......... think positive............ get right back on that horse and start afresh tomorrow x x x x imagine how wonderful you will feel on weigh day x x x xx
its good to see you back :)

Tweety...4 weeks ago you were on a roll and doing brilliant. Look at the bigger picture and at how well you have done

3 months out this week and I'm realising just how hard this is! I lost only 4lb in a month. I know it's still a loss, but like you these are the losses I would expect slogging it put at slimming world while eating piles of chillie and baked potato

I think for some, the weight losses are consistent and dramatic, I think for some of us it's gonna be a hard slog. I'm sure you, and me, will have months where we have great losses and months where we are garbage at this and that leaves me terrified that I will fail and not loss the weight

But...get back on track

Make a big pot of free soup to snack on.. If you need a sweet fix, get yourself some aitkens s bars, they are low carb and won't give you mad sugar highs and lows. Eat small meals regularly, don't let yourself get hungry...and keep yourself occupied. After two or three days of good eating under your belt you will feel a whole load better and more positive

Today is the very first day of the rest of your life on this journey

Better starting today at this weight than at the beginning before you started the pre op diet

I have been having a few really hard weeks too babe....but we all care about you and want you to succeed.

Go girl! Go get those pesky little pounds....and check in to the forum every single day and let us know how you are doing...it was the feeling of love and support on here that kept me going over the past few weeks ....when I gained a total of 5lb in the one week. I lost it, the next and Another pound, then Went away for the week end and put two back on....but I have nothing much planned for the next couple of weeks and will be looking to get a few pounds off.

Keep coming on here, get the support and the advice...and get back on track....the soup is a godsend. I put up a wee recipie on my diary that I got on line....tomato onion, cabbage, stock cubes and tomato purée...50 cals a bowl :)

Kirsty, your so sweet. We are very similar. Well im teetering on the 13 st mark and just need to crack into the 12's to perk me up. Ive been really good all week, lets keep fingers crossed. X

Good luck with your losses ladies. As Kirsty has said tweety just keep plodding on. You will get there x x x

Kirsty, your so sweet. We are very similar. Well im teetering on the 13 st mark and just need to crack into the 12's to perk me up. Ive been really good all week, lets keep fingers crossed. X

You can crack this Tweety :0)

Aw Tweety. Hang on in there girl. It will come off. I'm still having a totally horrendus November top :-(

I know if I just grit my teeth and take it a day at a time I will come through the other side

Feeling more and more positive since my restriction has kicked in. Have no idea why it decided to 3weeks post fill but hey ho ill never understand this thing.

Stomach sounds like a blocked drain again tonight, which i find quite comforting, its like the band baby is talking to me saying "im still here! Dont forget about me".

Saw my parents for the first time in 2 months and they were really optimistic and supportive. Praising my progress. When i look back ive been really hard on myself. Yes progress has been up and down, slow to stop but im a size 14. As my mum says 'a better size than i was'.

My stress incontinence has gone, my periods are regular, i feel more comfortable.

Im happy x

Back