• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My secret band diary

Wow that protein burst certainly helped with the energy LOL cleaning windows tut tut :) you need all that energy for you right now mrs so no more windows for a few weeks lol its good to here your sounding brighter hunni :) your soon be back to full health ....... as Kirsty says it all sounds pretty normal, just
keep sipping and healing it will al be worth it in the end x x x xx hugs

Day 5 post op
Last injection today which is fantastic as i feel like a bruised pin cushion.
Changed my dressings as per the instructions but left the steri strips on as i wasn't sure.
Eating more easier and starting to feel hungry which is a bit daunting.
A little tired still and lightheaded so sat on my bum and watched films all day.
Got on the scales and i was 13 st 13 ( 195 lb) so 7lb down since my pre op post stats 6 days ago! Made up x

Wow! Well done tweety!

Right in reference to not imagining being a healthy weight ... You will be trust me. Work with it. Take one day at a time and see how quickly you get there, for me, getting into each new weight bracket is so exciting! It's great and inspiring and with the loss your achieving now- you will see it in no time! Great going girlie! Proud of you !

Xxx

Day 6 post op

Stomach not bloated just swollen which i know is gonna take time. Struggling to wear jeans and living in leggings and bootiful knee length white surgical socks (grrr) .

Felt alot more perkier today and wondering if the blood thinners weren't helping the last 5 day with lightheaded ness.

Craving chocolate like hell due to hormones but resisting due to the band (erk).

Lost another pound in weight, this is now a steady 1 lb a day which i am expecting to slow down soon.

Roll on the 12 stones..... 12lb to go!

Day 7 post op. 1 week surgiversary!!!

Well im still on that steady 1lb a day. Stomach dropping a little more and had no hunger today and didn't eat till 5pm. Feeling like i need something sweet so bought some chocolate mousses.

Hubby got right on my case about it! I wouldn't mind but id had 180 kals total and it was a diet choc mousse!

Anyway just sat down to eat in front of xfactor and got full halfway through, uggh i feel like crap.

Tomorrow is another day

Ohhh no I hope you dint feel too bad. You need to try eat some thing in the morning/ early afternoon , not eating till 5pm isn't great. It's horrible if your not feeling great but bit eating enough will also make you feel worse :-(.

Big hugs xx

I agree ... at least try eat something every few hours ... even if only a couple of spoons full. You need to have a little something otherwise you have no energy. My dietician recommends 3 main meals and 3 snacks a day. I didn't have much more than a half a cup of anything at anytime the first 10 days or so. Even a bit of diluted fruit juice is good for a snack and gets some much needed liquid in! I'm still battling with liquid 4 weeks later. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Im drinking lots but maybe thats why im not hungry. Im doing ok really considering but I know what you mean. Im actually concerned myself. I mean ive never survived on <500 kals a day before LOL.

Back to work monday which is gonna be weird.

Day 8 post Op

Stomach dropped but bloated still due to mother nature.

Jeans have been falling down all day. Whoop whoop!

OH full of a cold and doing my head in today. Grumpy old man syndrome but ignoring him.

Baked flapjacks and cakes today with kids, and a full roast dinner. getting real pleasure in feeding everyone except myself.

Calorie intake 480 ( 2 shakes, soup, choc mousse and 3 cups of tea) a little bit of cake mix but im not counting that . cant get anymore in me but I feel fine.

Stomach sounds like a blocked drain. Not sure if i can hear the tea ive just drunk straining through .... I kind of like listening to it. ?

I love a good pair of jeans falling off ;-) ... Well done girlie

Slowly try increase to around 1000 kcal's but your doing fab. Sorry OH was moody ( think it was men in general today- lol )

Pleased it's going well 8 days post op. Wow I remember them days . It will all fly by .... Eeeeek. Great results though misses xx

Back