• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My secret band diary

Hello strangers! I just wanted to check in with you all and share my thoughts after a long period of absence.

Ive been on a roller coaster following my band. Maybe you all can identify how much denial comes associated with it.

Some days you ignore you have it and this is made easier when there is less restriction. But also you really do forget what eating normally was like and sometimes assume its not working.

Im 7ml full of a 10 ml band, 6 months in 2 stone lighter.
I stalled for 3 months, and made some slight progress then stalled again.

Joined slimming world and bingo! Not rocket science, i had been eating badly again, less food but badly. Major positive is that i have never put any of the weight on with my habits because of the band but 2 stone away from my goal, im not getting there soon. 2 weeks on SW and im 1/2 stone lighter!

The band definitely is a tool to reduce portions but if the potions are high calorie rubbish then you wont ever be a size 10 fact! I will make this work for me and you can too!

Stay positive and constantly reassess your habits my lovelies.

Hello strangers! I just wanted to check in with you all and share my thoughts after a long period of absence. Ive been on a roller coaster following my band. Maybe you all can identify how much denial comes associated with it. Some days you ignore you have it and this is made easier when there is less restriction. But also you really do forget what eating normally was like and sometimes assume its not working. Im 7ml full of a 10 ml band, 6 months in 2 stone lighter. I stalled for 3 months, and made some slight progress then stalled again. Joined slimming world and bingo! Not rocket science, i had been eating badly again, less food but badly. Major positive is that i have never put any of the weight on with my habits because of the band but 2 stone away from my goal, im not getting there soon. 2 weeks on SW and im 1/2 stone lighter! The band definitely is a tool to reduce portions but if the potions are high calorie rubbish then you wont ever be a size 10 fact! I will make this work for me and you can too! Stay positive and constantly reassess your habits my lovelies.
Glad to hear your back Tweety!! Your right it's not a miracle cure, it's a tool to help us get there!!

Slimming world works for a lot of banders!! Xxx

Hey tweety. Great to see you back on here xxxx

I too joined SW. And lost 4lb in three weeks. But then went on holiday...going home tomorrow...think I have put it all back on and more :-(

HELLO! well its my 12 month surgeryversary after all!!!!!

Im 12:8 STILL but admittedly its my own making. I dont gain weight but i dont loose.

2 1/2 stone loss maintained and do i have any regrets... Hell no! Id have gain that 3 x over off the band. Happy healthy size 14.

My restriction is a game, it there then it isnt. Still eat things i shouldnt then vomit. Ive kept it a secret for 12 months and been caught out being sick after a meal once and fobbed it off as a bug, people still say i dont eat enough but i just say jm full.

Great to read up on everyone as its been a while. Sound like its been quite a journey for everyone.

Happy band-day tweety :) well done on the loss and maintain its a far cry from the gain gain gain eh :) sure is a hell of a journey and it don't stop here (unfortunately) its for life now lol enjoy your special day, its great to look back and celebrate your achievements WTG x xx x x

Congratulations!!!! So proud of u tweety! That's amazing! You have done well

Happy surgiversary xxx

So ive gone for another fill today. 0.5ml added so 7.3ml in band. Serious bad mood now im on liquids only (its been a while). Lets hope this last stone magically melts away. Xx

So ive lost another 2lb just tried some scrambled egg for breakfast and feeling restriction after 2 mouth fulls. Happy days ?

Back