• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie Sleever from London

I'm doing ok! I've got my 6 week check up with my surgeon on Monday and then I see the dietician on Wednesday...bit worried they will tell me I've not lost enough! My fault due to chocolategate!! I have been sleeping fine on my side for the last couple of weeks and tried sleeping on my tummy the other night for a little bit and it wasn't too bad. Not been sick with anything as yet and no constipation yet so fingers crossed. I do get the bubbles after eating like you too. Do you worry about over eating now your on normal food? Not confident of any weight loss this week, too much chocolate and TOTM. What exercise are you planning on doing, I'm hoping to start the exercise after I've got the all clear next week :) xx

KatD, you've lost a really good amount and don't forget everyone has different paces! Glad you can sleep on your side. It's great isn't??!!!

I get the air bubbles when I start eating and carries on when I stop eating and hiccups. I actually feel bigger since I've been on soft foods. I hope I have lost weight this week as I am lot more mobile. I'm hoping to start swimming next week as it would be a good way to start building up my stamina slowly and it's not so much of a strain on the body.

Good luck with your Surgeon appointment on Monday. I'm sure it will go well... Keep us updated!! Stay off the chocolate in the meantime!! Xx

I get bubbles too Rinata. This usually indicates to me that i'm full. I also get hiccups which tells me I'm full also. Having said that, sometimes my bubbles start after a mouthful - but I think (And even over 6 months out, I'm still learning) this is because I've had liquids too close to eating and it hasn't gone through fully. It does get better - or maybe because it becomes the norm, I think we just learn to deal with it as time goes on ;-)

Thanks Bear... Sounds like you're going through exactly the same as me with the air bubbles. It's strange how it starts from the first mouthful, despite chewing so well. The strange thing is that I do allow enough time between drinking and eating but it happens at every meal time. Must admit, haven't really enjoyed the soft food stage as much as I thought I would due to these bubbles and how uncomfortable it feels. I'm hoping that this is very temporary!! Looking back, the liquid stage and pureed time seemed so easy!!! My stomach also feels bigger!!!

Have a great weekend xx

Yep - agree. I moaned on liquid, but once on purée, liquid seemed so easy. Then on soft foods - purée seemed so easy. Etc etc.But none of us went into this thinking it was easy / think short term inconvenience for long haul gain!! (Or loss lol)

How have you got on today Rinata? We were away this weekend so I couldn't weigh myself yesterday. Weighed myself today and lost 1lb. I've had some soft food today and loved it, even managed some toast with scrambled eggs and that went down well too. Slightly worried that I am now starting to feel hunger and can eat more!
Have a good week and enjoy the exercise. I love swimming but it's difficult to get to class with my girls. Hoping to get back to Zumba in 2 weeks so hopefully that will boost my losses :) xx

Hey all,

Good to hear everyone progressing well - hiccups and all. Mine is burping which I think is caused by eating too fast and/or not chewing enough. Need to learn more new habits!

I am over 6 weeks operation, still have not seen anyone. Called nurse and agreed on telephone consultations after realising all they do is chat. No weighing, or tests. Same with nutritionist. Am due to see surgeon end of May. My appointment with him for next week was cancelled due to his other engagements.

Hey ho

I am OK so no need for extra care I guess.

Like you KatD, I seem to eat everything without problem too. initially I also worried but stomach started to restrict intake soon after, don't worry.

Rinata, swimming will be marvellous. Enjoy. I played basketball on Friday. First 10-15 minutes could "feel" the scars but once the game started, I ran and forgot all about it!

Yep - agree. I moaned on liquid, but once on purée, liquid seemed so easy. Then on soft foods - purée seemed so easy. Etc etc.But none of us went into this thinking it was easy / think short term inconvenience for long haul gain!! (Or loss lol)
P
That's so true Bear! I thought each stage would be a Godsend from the previous one but looking back, I didn't realise I good I had it!!! I knew it wasn't going to be easy but I didn't expect a rollercoaster ride already!! Only 1 more week of soft foods so going by previous insights, I better make the most of this stage then!! Xx

Hi Purplepippa, That is an amazing achievement. You must post your photos for me... I'd love to see your transformation. How are you getting on now? Are you still very motivated or are you hitting any obstacles? Congratulations on your brilliant weight loss.. What is your target? Unfortunately, as a new member, I can't have access to other members' profiles!! My long term target is losing 7 stone!!! Good luck to you both and you must keep me posted on your regular updates. Xx

Hi Rinata

Still no before photo as I need to upload one onto the iPad but my husband took this today. Was sorting out my wardrobe (again!) and tried on my size 22 jeans. As you can see there is now room for 2! Down to 79 kg ?

image-3498740875.jpg

Well done on your loss. I've lost 1lb too KatD. Wasn't the toast painful? I was told to stay off bread for a while!

I've only got 1lb more to lose to make it 2 stone in 6 weeks so I'm pleased with. Can't believe how it fell off at the beginning and is quite a steady loss. I'm happy to take anything as long as it's a loss.... Obviously, as the saying goes, the more the merrier!!! Hoping to start going swimming from Tuesday. Hope it will be warm enough for me to leave the house. Can't believe how cold I still feel and need more motivation to venture outside more!!

Tules, how are you getting on? Have you had your weekly weigh in?

Have a good week folks! Xx

Ps... I agree, I do feel hungrier A lot quicker too.... Sometimes I think I might be getting mixed up between the signals of being hungry or whether I need to drink more?!

Hi Rinata Still no before photo as I need to upload one onto the iPad but my husband took this today. Was sorting out my wardrobe (again!) and tried on my size 22 jeans. As you can see there is now room for 2! Down to 79 kg ?

That is amazing Pippa.... It looks like you still have room to spare in those jeans, even with 2 people in them!!! Great photo and thanks for remembering. You need to post some more with you in your new jeans now!! Well done on your achievement!! Xx

Hey all, Good to hear everyone progressing well - hiccups and all. Mine is burping which I think is caused by eating too fast and/or not chewing enough. Need to learn more new habits! I am over 6 weeks operation, still have not seen anyone. Called nurse and agreed on telephone consultations after realising all they do is chat. No weighing, or tests. Same with nutritionist. Am due to see surgeon end of May. My appointment with him for next week was cancelled due to his other engagements. Hey ho I am OK so no need for extra care I guess. Like you KatD, I seem to eat everything without problem too. initially I also worried but stomach started to restrict intake soon after, don't worry. Rinata, swimming will be marvellous. Enjoy. I played basketball on Friday. First 10-15 minutes could "feel" the scars but once the game started, I ran and forgot all about it!

Tules, my consultation with my surgeon was pretty much a chat too. I didn't have any tests, X-rays or scans etc! He looked at my tummy area for about 2 minutes for the scars and the little clots I had where the syringes had gone and that was it!

You were very brave to play basketball.... Glad it didn't restrict you. The weight will melt away if you carry on with your basketball!!

Let us know how you got on with your weekly weigh in. You must've done well with such vigorous exercise? Xx

Well done you.

I'm also a pound off this week. Snap.

Xx

purplepippa, great photo, well done,
Rinata, hang on there girl. For soft stage I just mashed food with my fork, and chewed well. Stews etc is good, hope your stomach will start accepting the soft foods soon.

I am eating most things but in smaller poritions. Mainly protein of course but have had crackers with hummus, soft cheese etc too. Had loads of fish last week - found salmon fills me up very quickly.

Weight loss started so am down to 85 kilos, from 98. How about you.
X

purplepippa, great photo, well done, Rinata, hang on there girl. For soft stage I just mashed food with my fork, and chewed well. Stews etc is good, hope your stomach will start accepting the soft foods soon. I am eating most things but in smaller poritions. Mainly protein of course but have had crackers with hummus, soft cheese etc too. Had loads of fish last week - found salmon fills me up very quickly. Weight loss started so am down to 85 kilos, from 98. How about you. X

Well done Tules. It's great you can eat anything without any discomfort. I usually work in pounds and stones but just converting it into kilos, we seemed to have lost virtually the same amount of weight (give or take 1/2 kilo!!). It's almost like we're long lost twins!! Ha ha ha.

Have a great week ahead xx

Hi Rinata

Also from London and had a sleeve in December 2013. It does take time re-adjusting and still struggle now. Keep trying to convince myself how far I've come.

Well appointment with my surgeon went well, just a little chat and weighed me :) Off to see the dietician and nurse on Wednesday so we will see what they say!
Well done on your loss Rinata, 2 stone in 6 weeks is fab. I'm hoping to clawback this week to be around the same mark - hopefully!!
Today for lunch I had Melba toast with pate was lovely, yum yum. They did say stay away from bread but everything in small measures, no pain at all, it went down really easily.
Like you Tules I struggle with the speed I eat and then suffer with the burping!! Can't believe your doing basketball, how energetic!
Have a good week and enjoy the sunshine :)

Love your photo purplepippa, it's so good seeing photos, it acts as a great motivation, you have done so well. Xx

Hi Rinata Also from London and had a sleeve in December 2013. It does take time re-adjusting and still struggle now. Keep trying to convince myself how far I've come.

Hi Muizenberg,

Thanks for your reply. So you've had the sleeve for a year and half? Wow! How much weight have you lost and now are you finding it now? It's always great to hear from the experienced Sleevers. You must send some before and after photos. I'd love to see them.
It's strange to hear that you still struggle with it... What sort of things do you still struggle with? Maybe I thought it would've been plain sailing after that much time so maybe I'm being naive!

Well appointment with my surgeon went well, just a little chat and weighed me :) Off to see the dietician and nurse on Wednesday so we will see what they say! Well done on your loss Rinata, 2 stone in 6 weeks is fab. I'm hoping to clawback this week to be around the same mark - hopefully!! Today for lunch I had Melba toast with pate was lovely, yum yum. They did say stay away from bread but everything in small measures, no pain at all, it went down really easily. Like you Tules I struggle with the speed I eat and then suffer with the burping!! Can't believe your doing basketball, how energetic! Have a good week and enjoy the sunshine :)

Glad your appointment went really well with the surgeon. I could do with seeing a dietician!!! You are brave having Melba toast and glad it didn't cause you any pain. I can relate to the speed of eating. I know you're supposed to leave 30-40 seconds between each mouthful but I haven't mastered that yet!! I think we all suffer from burping and hiccups... Very ladylike!!! Lol

Let us know how you got on with the nurse and dietician!! (I can just imagine their faces when you tell them you've had chocolate!!! lol). Have a good week xx

Hi Rinata, our operations were a day apart, so good to see we are on the same weight loss. Mine seems to go up and down by half a pound.it's ok though, only way is down! Ha ha

KatD, what are we going to do with this fast eating. My nurse was shocked that I can eat beef, lamb etc a d eat at normal speed. She had bypass herself and said it took her one year before she can eat meat.

I wonder what makes us different? For example you Rinata having problem even with soft food, yet I started eating normal 10 days ago. Is it the pouch size? The opening? I have not seen my surgeon yet but will ask.

Back