• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

paul's journey begins

You did really well for being away for 2 weeks ! Well done !

That's not a bad pay off for your holiday at all :)

Back to losing ways weight wise with a fab 4.5lb loss this week and a Grand total of 2 stone 10lbs. So that's 2.5lbs from the holiday and an extra 2lb off. After the week from hell both physically and emotionally a trip to the Physio and my back still hurts, and I finally succumbed to mental effects from the Accident. had to go and see GP and he prescribed some sleeping pills and antidepressants after he diagnosed PTDS and has referred me to counciling I am feel a bit better now.

Well done Paul on your weight loss!:0clapper:

Good to hear you are feeling a bit better after seeing your doctor.

Well done for your weight loss and seeing the GP to discuss the other issues you are struggling with right now. It's not an easy thing to do but vitally important to take care of yourself. Big hugs from me too x

Well done :)

Update time had a good session with the physio today lower back muscles still too tight that is more due to my subconscious brain rather than physical

Another good Weightloss 5.5 lb this week for a total of 47.5lb lost over all. 3stone SW award as well.
A little insight I always had a phobia about 22St because, if i am going to have a weight related problem it is always Seems to be at this weight range but I am glad and over the moon to be passed this stage and looking forward to wieght losses to come.
This week I am returning back to walking with my local ramblers group this Saturday after break of 8 months as my trial walk went ok last weekend and that is with the blessing of the physio.

Fabulous loss again. Enjoy your walk :)

Thanks and i am going to really enjoy walk as it will be nice to get some bare earth under my feet and a good lungful of good ol mother nature. while i plan and think about my appointment with the diet nurse as i am coming to the end of my 12 week tier 3 weight-loss programme unless i go mad and put a lot of weight on i think i met their requested 5% loss by a wide margin of 11%.

Good morning everyone
Today was D-day (Diet day) with my weight loss management nurse, as in my previous post's that i am being used as a guinea pig on new pilot that every one put forward for tier 3 and then on to surgery will have to complete a 12 week slimming world on referral course or weight watchers. i was given a target of 5% to lose so the I would be able to be put forward for surgery, needless to say i beat that target buy 6% or put another way I had to lose 16.5 lbs, but lost a total over the 12 weeks of 25 lbs and that included a holiday week as well.
so the good news is that the nurse and my slimming world consultant are very happy with the results And now that I have completed the 12 week course with flying colours and also being able to cope with any upsets or disruptions and they are strongly recommending me for surgery. I also did see the GP today although it was rather Breif visit he had just popped in to the nurses treatment room to see me for another problem about with my leg ulcer and verbally said OK. So the next step is to get all the information and documentation together and i have made an appointment to see the GP officially next week.

so now the big decision which i need help on is which type of surgery the pouch or full by pass????? I have week to make my decision.

Last edited:
Hi All
Today was a day of contrasts first the good news the GP has referred me to QA Portsmouth for a full gastric by pass but did warn that it may be awhile before i get an appointment-: (see following). Also no more physio he has signed me off as my back is nearly back to normal but if i require him i can make an appointment up till end of September .On the downside i have got an infection in my leg ulcer and has almost put me back to square one after a year and month. which means that there is a possibility that the surgery may be delayed until the ulcer has significantly healed as the risk of further infection is quite high and also the knee replacement is on hold until the ulcer has healed and that could be years away as my last one took 2 1/2 years to heal what a b***er:badmood:oh well nothing to do but wait and keep taking the pain killers and antibiotics.

Last edited:
Hi All
Today was a day of contrasts first the good news the GP has referred me to QA Portsmouth for a full gastric by pass but did warn that it may be awhile before i get an appointment see following. Also no more physio he has signed me off as my back is nearly back to normal but if i require him i can make an appointment up till end of September .On the downside i have got an infection in my leg ulcer and has almost put me back to square one after a year and month. which means that there is a possibility that the surgery may be delayed until the ulcer has significantly healed as the risk of further infection is quite high and also the knee replacement is on hold until the ulcer has healed and that could be years away as my last one took 2 1/2 years to heal what a b***er:badmood:oh well nothing to do but wait and keep taking the pain killers and antibiotics.
Hi Paul, hope you get well soon. You've done amazing so far :0clapper:...keep it going! Sunshine99:rainbow: .

Hi All
thanks for the kind words but i fear that i will lose all the weight and be denied surgery and then go and put it all back on again so losing more precious years of my life apologies for the down beat post but my anxiety and stress is really getting to me at the moment i need some quite personal time and i taken some holiday time and having a long weekend away heading to a country hotel in the new forest a Groupon deal and do some walking around the forest.
paul

Back