• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

paul's journey begins

@paulH , Sorry your feeling on a downer. Im guessing you may find a few people on here who have been through, or are going through simelar worries/concerns about putting loads off effort in ...then something happens in life (beyond their control), that sets them back, jeopardising surgery. But if you know hand on heart...you're doing your very best, (and you can tell by the posts on here, that you are), then you're playing your part, And I hope whoever medically you see hereafter, will see that your losing weight...showing you have it in you...And your approved your surgery sooner rarther than later.
Enjoy your holiday in the country...and hope it rejuvenates you!
Sunshine99:rainbow:

Well done! :0clapper:

Way to go!

Hi All
thanks for the kind words but i fear that i will lose all the weight and be denied surgery and then go and put it all back on again so losing more precious years of my life apologies for the down beat post but my anxiety and stress is really getting to me at the moment i need some quite personal time and i taken some holiday time and having a long weekend away heading to a country hotel in the new forest a Groupon deal and do some walking around the forest.
paul
Hang in there Paul. Hope the weekend away helps.

Well what a big loser I am a stonking 8lb lost this week afte the 1/2lb lost last week and my 4stone award ever downwards now only 10lb away from changing my front figure from a 2 to a 1
My emotional state has steadied after the last few weeks after a very long chat with HR and Ocupational health. I have been given a new roll with less stress and reduced work load. and certain managers have had their fingers rapped for not following company procedure. So all in all a better outlook for the time being. And thanks for a messages they do mean a lot to me and all kind words are a real ray of brightness in the gloom not having with this sort of thing before it is quite an eye opener and a real battle but I know I am with great people and help is always appreciated Thank you

Last edited:
@paulH , Well done on your amazing weightloss! So glad you've sorted your work situation out. Pleased your outlook on things seem more positive now.
Toni :rainbow:

That's such good news about the weight loss and on the work front, I'm really pleased for you. The only way is down! :)

A big thank you for the great words of encouragement . I am in that mental state at the moment that nothing can get me down and I will do almost anything to lose this weight.
I have another round with the nurse and Gp tommorow, as I am on anxiety medicine at the moment, I have to be monitored . I am also still having m
problems with sleep where I can fall asleep easily but can't stay asleep for a long periods of time and I am getting really tired by the end of the working week

Weigh in time again this week and all good weight loss front another 2-1/2lb lost with birthday tomorrow and away BH weekend I need all weight loss I can get.
Good or bad news on the sleep front the Gp has diagnosed that I have noctria but as to why? he has a theory but wants a load tests to be done to rule out certain things not going to know results until beginning of September.

Weigh in time again this week and all good weight loss front another 2-1/2lb lost with birthday tomorrow and away BH weekend I need all weight loss I can get.
Good or bad news on the sleep front the Gp has diagnosed that I have noctria but as to why? he has a theory but wants a load tests to be done to rule out certain things not going to know results until beginning of September.

Good news on the on weight loss Paul, well done. :) I have not heard of noctria before but looked it up and found nocturia, and recognised the symptoms - is that the same? If so I recognised the symptoms. Have you had a sleep monitoring test for sleep apnoea? I was diagnosed moderate and was waking up 25 times a night, which meant I was waking up a lot to go to the loo (five times a night) as not in a heavy sleep. Sleep apneoa machine has sorted it and now only wake 4 times a night so less trips to the loo unless my sugars are too high. Are you diabetic as well?

Have a great birthday. :candle1:

@paulH , Well done on the weightloss :0clapper:

Happy Birthday for tomorrow :bestwishes:

And, have a great BH weekend :stickdance::stickdance::stickdance:

Never heard of Noctria (will google later out of curiosity), hope its not too serious.

I have sleep apnea, and am diabetic (can't wear the c-pap machine though). Ive got to wait to see the sleep nurse in 12 months time.....to arrange a mouth guard to be fitted. (a specially moulded piece of plastic to place in your mouth) I missed my appointment with the nurse 3 months ago, as I was ill. So they could'nt see me for another year! I do try the sleep machine...every now and then....and do feel more refreshed when i wake up....trouble is ..I have sensitive skin...and the plastic aggravates my face. Ive tried two types...the nose one, the the one the pokes up your nostrils....both unfortunatly have same reaction. Leaves marks on my face / nostrils, And, start to get horrendous painful boils around my nose. It looks awful...I'm sure people thought I was on street drugs!
I'm exhausted most of the day. :snoopyhouse:

Hi Sam
Yes you are right it is nocturia my poor memory it could be up to 5 times a night but usually every 2 hours as long as i stop drinking by 3 hours before I go to sleep but could be more if I was drinking right upto when I go to bed doc said it is no wonder I was knackered by the end of the working week and falling asleep at work.

Congratulations on the loss and an early happy birthday!

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well Paul... Hope you feel better soon and are able to enjoy your break.

Weight gain could be fluid retention due to kidney infection.

Update time no change in weight last couple of weeks but a 2-1/2lb loss this week.
Still fighting the kidney infection or in this instance re-infection. I had a ultrasound scan last Friday, and I have a large stone wedged in the tube just below the left kidney the other kidney was clear but I can now feel pain in the right as well. now waiting to see urologist I hope it will be soon as my antibiotics finish tomorrow but I think I will be back on them before to long.

I hope you're not waiting long. My lovely mum in law was recently hospitalised with kidney stones and it sounds incredibly painful. Extra well done on the loss with that going on x

Back