• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Revision: Plication(wrap) to Bypass.

So far as expected. They took enough blood to run an army of tests though.
The 2hour wait for the antithesis wasnt fun though.

He told me he would have to remove part of my stomach, they didn't tell you this upfront right? If not then I guess hes expecting to have the same with me and is preparing for it.
I did find it ammusing that thw surgeon is easy amnoywd by Tulia though.

No he didn't tell me, so sounds like it'll be the same. You were probs just unfortunate re anestatist hun, it's an NHS teaching hospital, so poss an emergency took priority???
Endoscopy tomorrow 1st thing ???? X

No he didn't tell me, so sounds like it'll be the same. You were probs just unfortunate re anestatist hun, it's an NHS teaching hospital, so poss an emergency took priority???
Endoscopy tomorrow 1st thing ???? X

I thought he was in France not nhs?
I had a long wait fir the anaesthetist , last time i met the team, but she was in an emergency n I would want her by my side if I needed her, so I was fine with waiting absolute yonks too :(

previous bander, now awaiting by pass or sleeve this year.

I thought he was in France not nhs?
I had a long wait fir the anaesthetist , last time i met the team, but she was in an emergency n I would want her by my side if I needed her, so I was fine with waiting absolute yonks too :(

It is, they have French NHS

Yea I wasnt the only one sat waiting ao most likely something happend.

I qas hoping id need none of my stomach removed but seems no choice is to be had. Since hes decided before any scans

Anyway endoscopy tomorrow and have bwwn promised sedation after asking today.

I'm sorry the wrap didn't work out for you but I think you will do well with the bypass. Almost everyone I know has done well with it. I had to travel out of the country for my surgery as well so I understand the cost savings. Best of luck to you on your journey!

Does Tulia actually do anything clare?

Apart from sound like shes reprimanding everyone she speaks to ;)

After a ver long wait since 9am ove had my endoscopy done and im to pass the images on to the surgeon

Who is out till 14:00. Phoned Tulia who says it has to be him who orders the taxi and I really cba phoning her back up. Simply because I always want to strangle her. Which is odd I normally dont care evem if people annoy me, i do have a hate for useless things tho.

I might just be on a bad mood from waiting for 3hours then no sadation and now another 2hour wait just to hand a photo over tho... although with any luck I can get his opinions on my pictures before tomorrow.

Humbug to typos, on my phone and fingers be cold.

After a ver long wait since 9am ove had my endoscopy done and im to pass the images on to the surgeon

Who is out till 14:00. Phoned Tulia who says it has to be him who orders the taxi and I really cba phoning her back up. Simply because I always want to strangle her. Which is odd I normally dont care evem if people annoy me, i do have a hate for useless things tho.

I might just be on a bad mood from waiting for 3hours then no sadation and now another 2hour wait just to hand a photo over tho... although with any luck I can get his opinions on my pictures before tomorrow.

The nurses arranged my taxi after, but I had endoscopy, then saw Dr, then had to have x.ray & swallow, then surgeon again, then hotel. Which was approx 1pm.

Why don't you go down to cafe & grab elevensies...I had no delays with surgeons & hardly spoke to Tulia until I was back at hotel post op.

Feeling your frustration

Not overly hungry with the soar throat.
Just got to wait dor the doc, he never mentioned and xray or swallow tho.

Boring eh :(

Not overly hungry with the soar throat.
Just got to wait dor the doc, he never mentioned and xray or swallow tho.

You may not need it, he'll prob be able to ascertain from scope as no doubt it'll be same as mine :)
I ate about 4ish, I meant more drinkers, nice soothing warm drink x

Nope he didn't want them, the swallow or xray. They found a tiny ulcer tho and gave me some meds for it, for after the bypass.

Back now.I should go out to eat this evening as it would be my last for a while, but I just feel like watching TV and being lazy :\. I ate in the hotel last night and while very expensive it was damned nice. Not a fries guy but they where amazing.

Last edited:
Nope he didn't want them, the swallow or xray. They found a tiny ulcer tho and gave me some meds for it, for after the bypass.

Back now.I should go out to eat this evening as it would be my last for a while, but I just feel like watching TV and being lazy :\. I ate in the hotel last night and while very expensive it was damned nice. Not a fries guy but they where amazing.

We r u allowed to eat niw before your op?!?! When I had my band in belgium we were tod to all go out fir the last supper the night before :)

Was told to fast from midnight that was all.
Might just go subway for something later, or not :)

I'd eat in hotel & be lazy :) ..... obv diff for me I was most fortunate to be with a fellow patient, so enjoyed company. Hotel is nice, stay there & relaxed hun.
Make sure you let me know how yr doin etc xx

I'd eat in hotel & be lazy :) ..... obv diff for me I was most fortunate to be with a fellow patient, so enjoyed company. Hotel is nice, stay there & relaxed hun.
Make sure you let me know how yr doin etc xx

Darn forgot to get the WiFi pass today, but I've had great full H+ on my phone here so hopefully I do in the hospital room.

The enderscopy wasn't as bad as I feared, since they had issues (4 out of 6) of the scopes broken and a large que I just wanted to be out asap so I didn't argue for sedation. Can't really blame them for delays, if stuff breaks then it breaks nothing to be done about that.

Darn forgot to get the WiFi pass today, but I've had great full H+ on my phone here so hopefully I do in the hospital room.

The enderscopy wasn't as bad as I feared, since they had issues (4 out of 6) of the scopes broken and a large que I just wanted to be out asap so I didn't argue for sedation. Can't really blame them for delays, if stuff breaks then it breaks nothing to be done about that.

Well you'll be in surgery/recovery Wed, if your allowed to go for walk Thu, it's on ground floor where all the desks are coming from lifts towards entrance at the desks on the left, 2€ a day.

Oh my its cold outside this hospital.
Inwards I shall go. Cya tonight one expects.

Oh my its cold outside this hospital.
Inwards I shall go. Cya tonight one expects.

Good luckio, au revor

Back