• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September 2016 Surgeries

My brain has also gone on holiday leaving my tongue behind feeling lost. I'm talking rubbish and forgetting to finish sentences. I think it's the pain killers.

It's good to hear from you @Mazza

I'm hot ... But have been walking loads so my smugness may be warming me
:p this actually made me laugh out loud. Well done you!

@Mazza great to hear from you! Take care and don't worry about the message I sent you! You have much more important things to concentrate on x

Because of the brain haemorrhage my temperature stuff is totally stuffed so I can feel freezing cold and still be pouring in sweat. I have a condition called hyperhidrosis too which also means I sweat too much regardless. I was hoping losing weight would help and I think it's made it a bit less severe but still there since its not weight related. I almost enjoy feeling cold sometimes though, there's less of a layer of fat to keep me warm. I'm looking forward to wearing a proper winter coat this year like normal people rather than a thin jumper or a coat that makes me feel like I'm boiling alive!

I'm now back at work -a week post op, all fine really except I'm mega tired, and generally cold. Anyone else struggling to get full sentences out? I'm blaming the anaesthetic but honestly it's like my mouth, tongue and brain have had a fall out!!

I was back after week too. I'm tired but honestly I think work has helped it keeps my mind if it. Hope you OK:)

Sorry not been on in a while back at work gave me less time

Hello fellow Septemeber surgery'ers!

Well I'm back home and in touch with the world, finally. The hospital had no signal anywhere, so I was completly cut off.

Op wise, I must admit I've had a few what the hell have I done moments. I too am feeling cold but my cheeks are burning up?!

Anyway, just a quick update to let you all know I'm alive!

Congratulations on the op hope you fell better soon

Very impressed at your quick return to work. I love work but think I'd be useless right now as I'm away with the fairies half the time. Take care and heal properly- and mucho kudos!

One week! Yikes! Wild horses couldn't have got me back in one week! I was still groggy and sleeping most of the day at that stage!

I am still off 3 1/2 weeks later and wont be rushing back yet ....... can you tell I love my job :rolleyes:

I'm only back coz I'm the manager and my boss is my father in law-I haven't told anyone what I've had done except my mum and husband. They know I've had laparoscopic surgery, but having struggled with bad periods, fertility, and miscarriages (one very recent) they've assumed it's to do with that and I've let them run with it

I have been very tired though, and although externally I'm in far less pain, I've developed more internal aches and discomfort...hope alls well in there! Took dressings off this evening so feeling a little nervy!!

Sort of wish I'd taken 2 weeks off, but also it has been good to get out and moving.. At least I live near by so since the lrd I've been popping home for 'lunch'!

Hope everyone's doing well!

Sorry to hear about the miscarriage and other problems you've experienced. Big hugs x

Sorry to hear about the miscarriage and other problems you've experienced. Big hugs x
Thanks lovey. I actually had to push my surgery back due to getting pregnant after trying for 3 years, then misscarried Obviously giving myself a year or so off baby making and hopefully it'll be easier being slimmer ☺️

I made the mistake of going to the cinema earlier to try being a bit normal with hubby. Got a milk shake as obviously didn't want a fizzy drink, and thought there'd be too much sugar in an ice blast. Anyway, que 15 mins into the hour journey home, and tummy cramps hit. Sorry for tmi, but I didn't know too much about what 'dumping' was, I've now very much experienced dumping syndrome O God!!! I'm never having sugar EVER again!!!!!

I made the mistake of going to the cinema earlier to try being a bit normal with hubby. Got a milk shake as obviously didn't want a fizzy drink, and thought there'd be too much sugar in an ice blast. Anyway, que 15 mins into the hour journey home, and tummy cramps hit. Sorry for tmi, but I didn't know too much about what 'dumping' was, I've now very much experienced dumping syndrome O God!!! I'm never having sugar EVER again!!!!!

That sounds horrible :( I've got a cinema card and go often, Ice Blasts will now be on my 'do not attempt' list.

Well, today is the day I book into Sunderland for my op tomorrow.
In a month or so it'll be two years since that first seminar, so it's hard to believe this part of my journey is nearly over.
Thank you to everyone that's shared on here this last month, it's helped loads.

Well, today is the day I book into Sunderland for my op tomorrow.
In a month or so it'll be two years since that first seminar, so it's hard to believe this part of my journey is nearly over.
Thank you to everyone that's shared on here this last month, it's helped loads.
Good luck hunni ......hers to the start of brand new slimmer healthier you xxxxxc

Hope you get on ok today and it all goes well tomorrow.

@KLB1989 I'm a frequent cinema goer too. Ours has a Starbucks so now my treat is either a big mint tea or a iced tea lemonade neither of which have ever caused me a problem. I thought I'd miss my big buckets of diet coke but I really don't. I did used to get a chocolate cream from Starbucks quite often too pre-op but then I realised they had the same calorie count as a meal which shocked me into steering clear even though I sometimes treat my daughters to one. Keep looking, you'll find something lovely you can tolerate x

Thank you everyone. I'll report back when I can.

Back