• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SunnyJ band 25th October 2015

So I'm up and about early this morning I've taken the dog for a walk already, had some peppermint tea, cleaned my wound ( as per instructions) it really is quite clever how they've done it. When I finally take the last dressing off after 10 days I'll post a picture.

Here's one of my first tiny puncture wound. The others still have steri strips on.

image-2894887573.jpg

The one my hideously bitten fingernail is next to is my puncture wound the other at the botyom of the pic my mole!! How small is that? I'm pretty wowed by it tbh. It'll be interesting to see how the other 2 are. It's located under my sternum and no pain at all.

I did my first drive yesterday to the supermarket and didn't have too many issues I have to say. It's just the seatbelt you need protecting from.

I'm possibly going to try it tomorrow I think. I think with something to protect my stomach it'll be

Well today since mid afternoon I've had an uncomfortable feeling in my back and I just can't get comfortable ... I was thirsty so I did drink a lot so I think I've given myself wind!

I just am very uncomfortable now! It's strange I had thought I was feeling better. :-(

Going to bed now to rest it hopefully it will feel better tomorrow X

Hi Mrs b,

Thanks

I've just got up and made a decaf coffee with a shake as the milky base (I've used a watered down porridge one and sieved the bits out).

I think maybe I drank too much too quickly yesterday.

It's feeling better so far today.

Are you still wearing your compression stockings? I've got to wear mine until Wednesday!! So I'm going to work in them! It's a good job I wear trousers! Lol X although I have brought work home and I'm hoping I can ask my boss to let me work from home for 2 days. We are supposed to be able to but my usual boss is on adoption leave and my new boss is erm well doesn't seem to trust us as much it feels.

I'm sort of glad I have another week of liquids, as much as I'm bored of them, after yesterday I don't think I'd be rushing for purees today, I could feel my band that's what it felt like ... Very strange.

Anyway I'm sat outside in a misty Autumn garden sipping my coffee and listening to the birds and my tummy gurling occasionally!

We have a great little flock of sparrows that are so cheeky whizzing from one garden to another lol plus lots of other birds. I love watching them :) so peaceful - I'm making the most of it before I'm back to the stress of work *sighs*

X hope you have s lovely day

Ah ha .... It's that time of the month - I came on this morning so I wonder if that was what yesterday was about?? *hmm wanders off pondering *

Morning Sunny, glad you are feeling better today. It is glorious out there isnt it? Already been out with the pooches, going out to look at sofas and TVs in a bit. Nice day for a wee drive.

I have stopped wearing my socks on Friday as I am moving around a lot, probably more than when I am at work. I still have the blood thinners, so should be ok.

I had some rice pudding last night, which was not very liquidy, and it went down fine. Really enjoyed it and didnt feel it going through the band at all. Just had some greek yoghurt with a bit of passionfruit curd....yum!

I got a bit of backache A week out which I put down to sleeping in slightly odd positions. It will pass for you. Reading your diary it looks like you are doing all the right things.

I'm sleeping on my side now so much beetle and I burped yesterday for the first time .... Oh the relief!! I think that was what it was!! I'd been scared of burping but im glad I have now. It wasn't easy but it felt better. I think maybe I'm taking in too much air with my drinking/ liquids. Back to work tomorrow :-( I wouldn't mind apart from I still can't have a shower til Thursday and it just feels wrong to go to work without having a shower!! Lol X

Last edited:
Well I've just driven to school, into town, done some shopping and I can feel it now.. I'm shattered but thought I'd best practice as I'm back to work tomorrow. Just had some cauliflower cheese soup went down well - a whole cup!!

Just debating asking my boss if I can work from closer to home. Hmm ...

Now had a whole 300 g of yoghurt with milk (so still watered down) I wasn't hungry though :-( I was stressing about work tomorrow etc etc (my job is stressful). This is what I need to conquer my stress - food relationship!

Aw well back to reality!! Meep

Hope everyone else doing ok!

Now had a whole 300 g of yoghurt with milk (so still watered down) I wasn't hungry though :-( I was stressing about work tomorrow etc etc (my job is stressful). This is what I need to conquer my stress - food relationship! Aw well back to reality!! Meep Hope everyone else doing ok!

Did it fill you up? I can manage about 100g of yoghurt at the moment

Hi sundown yep it did, I've had some soup and more yoghurt too - still liquids but I'm forgetting I should be eating at the mo! I hope I can get this feeling permanently lol X

I am not watering anything down, haven´t done that from the start and all is going down fine....even the fairly thick rice pudding....another 3 days and I am on mushy food...cant wait!

So back to work .. First stress over I can get my work trousers on ... I'm a bit bloated still and tbh I've only had 2 BM in 8 days ... I keep forgetting to get date syrup but I think I'm going to have to this will be day 3.

But got weighed this morning and I've lost a stone since before pre op diet.

Which I'm pleased with .... Obviously I feel like i should've lost 4 by now and be a size 10 haha but I'm pleased with any loss.

I'm stressing about my new car purchase at the mo... I need to get rid of my car (it has some soon to be very expensive issues) but I'm feeling a bit stressed with taking on more finance after just financing the band and I'm still paying off my student loans! Now I would usually eat around this stress - which I can't so I'm having to deal with it!!

Hope you all have a good day :)

Sorry Mrs b didn't see your post until after I'd posted

I was told to water mine down. Strange how we all get different advice isn't it.

Good luck with the purees x

So I survived work ... And a 70 mile round commute I feel ok really

I've eaten prunes blended up with milk and a tablespoon of yoghurt... Gorgeous

So today ive had 2 X shakes 2 X soup 2 X yoghurt/ prune mix... So 6 mugs off stuff.. Full now

Wooohooo, yay on the food intake!!! And yay on feeling ok after work!!! I am so happy I got this week off as well. I probably could go back to work, but I think the extra time without stress will help a lot lol

Back