• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Raw Truth from the start

Mimi how often are you weighing. Try not to get despondent as that's when things can start going downhill. Sometimes it takes the body to catch up with the changes you are making. Lots of fluctuations in the month too. Drink plenty of water and stick with what you are doing. It will work. Don't look at a few days in isolation ... Focus on the bigger picture. Measure yourself too ... Sometimes you can be dropping inches rather than lbs. then all of a sudden BAM 3 or 4lbs can disappear :D

I weight once a week .
My meals today.
1weetabixs
Small bowl of chicken soup and hot chocolate
Cauliflower curry no rice.
Ice lolly
Milky coffee.

Mimi, tbh that doesn't look like much. Just wait till you are on more solid food and can increase the protein .... It will happen x

I found my port today for the first time.
Which means the swelling must of gone down.
Iv been able to eat more today,could of eaten a lot more got a craving for chocolate but I had a milky coffee instead.
The cravings are still going to be their just need to eat something else that's better for me

Found my port today for the first time
Which means the swelling must of gone down

Had a good day up till 30 mins ago when I ate some chocolate buttons.
I no I shouldn't of had them and I have been under 1100calories most day so I don't think iv gone over my weekly total and iv been exercising.
I'm I really naughty .

Hate to say this (and probably this will be to the dismay of most dieters/wls patients) HOWEVER Chocolate/sugar in moderation seems to boost my metabolism. Not that I condone it and advise it :rolleyes: but please don't feel guilty if it's just one small packet, counted into your overall weekly average. Just make sure if you have them, plan to have a few spare calories left and a little bit of YOU TIME so you can really enjoy/savour them!

Flutterby there's probably lots of people reading that and boo hissing but you are walking proof that you have done amazing so keep the advice coming ;-) we all know if we could be perfect we would avoid all sweet and tasty things but we are not and that's why we have had wls! Good choice mimi! Better than the muffin I had at work today that our boss bought us as a treat and I said no thanks but it sat on the meeting table looking at me for five hours and I bit it's head off!!!

Here here! I used to have either a Freddo frog/dairy milk thin bar/bag of buttons from multipack/curly wurly prob 3 times per week. only a bit of choc, all circa 100 cals and kept me on the straight n narrow! don't beat yourself up, if you're losing it's ok...I'd only give it up if I was struggling that week to lose!! X

Thanks ladies.feel better now.

I am exhausted all the time .my sister came for coffee yesterday she read a story about hypnotic gastric band. she doesn't know I've already had 1 so I just listened and nodded. started going on about a woman who has lost 10 stone when she had it done to her.

I keep going through phases of feeling pure exhausted but I'm working long hours at the minute! I've been taking spa tone iron supplement though and I do feel a little better. Can't wait for my hols!! I saw that hypnosis gastric band but I'm not convinced with all that stuff, I had a hypnosis cd by Paul McKenna and it made not a jot of difference

Yeah I tried that Paul mckeena one too .made no difference .

Well last night for my tea I tried broccoli just the heads no stork worst mistake so far was awake most of the night with bad stomach pains.

This may sound weired and I don't no if any one else has experienced this but ever since I had my band my nipples have been so sore TMI I no .

Weight day today and yippee 1 pound off may only be a pound but for nearly two weeks haven't lost any.so pleased its going again.and the last two days iv eaten loads.

CONGRATULATIONS Mimi :)

Where my port is is always tender it feel like a hernia .

That does not sound good? Tender nipples and a port that feels like a hernia? Ouch...
I can't say I have experienced either Mimi but my scars are still red raw and scabs keep falling off with green pus dripping out ewwww! Not pleasant :(

Last edited:
Back