• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Raw Truth from the start

Thanks Jo and Michelle,

I have been having around 60g of protien a day, several more than myfitnesspal recommends but THG told me to eat 80g so I am under according to them.
Carbs well apart from cereal and a few whole grain crackers with lunch and the odd mousse I am not eating carbs really, no bread, no pasta, no rice?
I try to have carbs and protien with lunch and dinner and eat the protien first.
I guess I still have to find a combo for me, any suggestions?

Thanks again ladies :)

Please just check your carb content Hun, as that could be the answer. I can easily have 100g if I dont concentrate and that's without having bread etc. your mousse for example could have a fair few in. Bananas again are high in carbs, its not always obvious. I try to keep around 60g carbs a day if wanting to lose and to avoid any carbs from tea time otherwise they'd just sit n store. Protein wise 60g should see you fine xx

Please just check your carb content Hun, as that could be the answer. I can easily have 100g if I dont concentrate and that's without having bread etc. your mousse for example could have a fair few in. Bananas again are high in carbs, its not always obvious. I try to keep around 60g carbs a day if wanting to lose and to avoid any carbs from tea time otherwise they'd just sit n store. Protein wise 60g should see you fine xx

So in other words we are expected to be on a low carb diet like Atkins? I have done this diet several time and always hated it how it made me feel, I was always irritable, tired and constipated. Everytime I did it I vowed never again. Even on a low carb diet in the past I only loose the first two weeks and I can do 20g of carbs a day, but it is a miserable way to live, even when I up them to around 60g which I still does not feel enough and end up having constipation issues. I am not really an egg person have to force myself just for the protien, so unless I live on meat what else can I eat?
The thing that confuses me is plenty of other diets out there don't do low carb and people loose weight. Even myfitnesspal tell me I can have 173g of carbs a day and should expect to loose 1.5lbs a week.
I have not eaten bread or pasta for 6 weeks, no rice even though I only eat brown rice. My mousse has 18g of carbs and I only usually have one a day. Weetabix is 26g of carbs but if I do not have some form of fibre my IBS kicks in.
If low carb is what this band takes to work I have no hope because for me from past experience low carb diets and I, we do not get along!
Oh what to do lol :)

Last edited:
Oh and I cant do citrus fruit, berries or too many apples as it irritates my IBS also, thats why I choose banana no gut reaction.

Every surgery requires us to follow a high protein plan irrespective of which surgery it is. The low fat is common sense and the low carb is because you will be getting extra energy from burning your fat. Protein is essential to protect your muscle mass and help to burn fat.

Thanks Yvessa, dont worry I am well versed in how low carb works I have been on it often enough, have all the books etc even used to buy the Ketone sticks to wee on to make sure I was in Ketosis, still it did not suit my body nor my life no matter how many times I made a crack at it. I have no problems consuming enough protien and good fats are essential for weight loss also. I eat protien for lunch and dinner with complex carbs veg wise and eat the protien first. But at 60g of carbs a day I am still having physical issues and NOT loosing weight.
It is not like a am consuming 1000 cals worth of sugar carbs, I dont even drink fruit juice and my mousse has less carbs than plenty of yogurts out there.
The user Keb who had the same surgery as me, same day, same surgeon lost 6lbs last week and when I asked what her secret was she had been eating Macoroni and Carbonara, drank wine and is not even counting her cals ergo cannot be tracking carbs either lol where as I gained 3 pounds and have not has a bit of pasta in 6 weeks, dont drink alcohol etc so I am at a loss!
But thank you for the advice it is much appreciated. I am going to be talking to the dietician today see if she can shed any light... *sighs*

Sorry Mimi kind of took over your thread there :(

dont worry about it one bit its what its here for i just wish i had more advice for you but from everything you say i dont no wot to say lol.my problem is i HAVE to exercise lots or i dont loss same as you no matter wot i do it doesnt came off but when i start running falls off,but i cant run because im so fat it hurts so the cycle goes round.

Aw thanks Mimi. And on another topic....You know what I have had for the past three days? SORE NIPPLES isnt that funny how you were saying it before and asked others if it had happened to them. And I was like ''no never had that one'' well I obviously spoke too soon. It is awful like they are constantly pinched (I was going to say in clamps but that did not sound good lol)
Feels as bad as when I was breastfeeding. Still like you I am hoping it will pass :) Oh dear lol

Bell mine have settled down now but you did make me laught about clamps how kinky.

Lol which is exactly why I tried to avoid using it in the description. I had this image in my head of people reading it and thinking ''Oh yeah how does she know what a nipple in a clamp feels like'' well I dont (face turns red) but I can use my imagination...geez that sounds bad again. OK ok I am stopping while I am ahead (oh the shame lol :eek:)

Bella'sBand said:
So in other words we are expected to be on a low carb diet like Atkins? I have done this diet several time and always hated it how it made me feel, I was always irritable, tired and constipated. Everytime I did it I vowed never again. Even on a low carb diet in the past I only loose the first two weeks and I can do 20g of carbs a day, but it is a miserable way to live, even when I up them to around 60g which I still does not feel enough and end up having constipation issues. I am not really an egg person have to force myself just for the protien, so unless I live on meat what else can I eat?
The thing that confuses me is plenty of other diets out there don't do low carb and people loose weight. Even myfitnesspal tell me I can have 173g of carbs a day and should expect to loose 1.5lbs a week.
I have not eaten bread or pasta for 6 weeks, no rice even though I only eat brown rice. My mousse has 18g of carbs and I only usually have one a day. Weetabix is 26g of carbs but if I do not have some form of fibre my IBS kicks in.
If low carb is what this band takes to work I have no hope because for me from past experience low carb diets and I, we do not get along!
Oh what to do lol :)

I hear you as I had the same thoughts as you months back...this was the realisation time for me that it would be damn hard work...I'm not saying it won't work on higher carb as I don't know...I'm only saying what I had to do to lose week on week. Afterall it's your call xx

mimi42 said:
dont worry about it one bit its what its here for i just wish i had more advice for you but from everything you say i dont no wot to say lol.my problem is i HAVE to exercise lots or i dont loss same as you no matter wot i do it doesnt came off but when i start running falls off,but i cant run because im so fat it hurts so the cycle goes round.

And you're spot on re the exercise...!

Ladies I'm sorry if what I say annoys but all I'm doing is sharing what I learnt and what worked for me, that's all.

trust me, I was as shocked as you to find out it took so much focus, effort etc to make it work. But in the end it's short term pain, and this time you will get to your end goal as the band will stop you over indulging!

My motto? A chicken a day keeps the fat away :D

Lol which is exactly why I tried to avoid using it in the description. I had this image in my head of people reading it and thinking ''Oh yeah how does she know what a nipple in a clamp feels like'' well I dont (face turns red) but I can use my imagination...geez that sounds bad again. OK ok I am stopping while I am ahead (oh the shame lol :eek:)

Oooh eeeeer though your post was a sequel to Didty Shades if Grey LOL
In all seriousness interesting thread - what works or one doesn't for another. I do find it very helpful though. Great suggestions.

Mimi I am sorry i'm about to hijac your thread.

Bella - you make it sound like I'm not trying, but I am working incredibly hard for my weight loss. I am sorry you are having troubles and its not going as you had hoped. I had 1tablespoon of macaroni pasta and made my carbonara with skimmed milk, egg and low fat cheese. I haven't been counting everything calorie and carb etc at this stage as I'm not particularly hungry theses days and only eat 3 meals which are healthy homemade low fat options/alternatives. Everyone is different. I am trying as I'm sure you are. You will find what works for you, it takes time. We're all here because its taken a lifetime to become overweight/obese etc so it's not going to be solved in a couple of weeks. The band is a slow process that takes time to become finely tuned.

bella
i no how you feel ,like everyone else can do it easy peasy but you cant ,today iv eaten chocolate ok its TOTM but the suger craving was so intense i ate 375 calories worth.
i have put them down and i walked the dog for 30 mins but i feel so guilty and there`s still time tonight yet.!!!!!!!!!!!

mimi42 said:
bella
i no how you feel ,like everyone else can do it easy peasy but you cant ,today iv eaten chocolate ok its TOTM but the suger craving was so intense i ate 375 calories worth.
i have put them down and i walked the dog for 30 mins but i feel so guilty and there`s still time tonight yet.!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't buy it in Mimi!

Oh I love chocolate so so much :( {dreaming}

jo iv eaten it all now, no more and i mean it this time lol..

Which sort was it?

Back