• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Raw Truth from the start

Nurse was lovely kept the needle in till I drank to make sure it was OK never had that b4 but it was good so now have 6.7 ml in a 10 ml band still feel very hungry all the time but I have other symptoms of the menopause so seeing doc on Monday going out today to get some supplements to help.age creeps up on u.lol.

Hey Mimi I'm good thanks. You have done so well. My band is about as much use as a lead balloon. I see you say you are hungry all the time yet I was touted it as a tool that will reduce hunger, make you feel satisfied on smaller portion and fuller for longer. Fails on all fronts. We're you told your hunger would reduce?

The nurse said it should get better yes and it is a bit better but feel I could do with making better choices.I have had to stop doing so much exercise for the past 2 months due to having investigations on my heart so have not been running so far or fast which means I have put on a couple of pounds plus finding losing last stone very hard bit I'm not going to kill myself over it lol.once u lose that momentum it is really really hard to get it back.willpower plays a massive part of the journey and u have to b in the zone in order for it to work.I hope you find your way again Bella cause it is worth it in the end but I no how disheartened it can get when something u were depending on doesn't work.Good luck xxx

Well were off to salou in Spain in the October half term any body else been in October.

Things have not improved much.still hungry all the time and not making good choices my results came back fine but I'm still tired all day long.my doctor says I'm depressed but iv been depressed in the past and I do not feel like that this time.I think its the start of menopause but getting the doc to agree is so hard he says I'm to young I'm 44 my mum was early too.were off on holiday Friday so I'm hoping to relax and chillout.

Had to much of a brilliant holiday put on loads but I feel better and when I'm rested up a bit its all systems back on track.

I'm 11.03 now hoping to get to 10.10 by Christmas that's 7 lb off.
If I do more all the better.

Hi Mimi I've just been reading through your diary,you've done amazing I'm 5 days post op hoping I do as good as you
Glad you had a nice holiday x

Hi Mrs Q 5 days out I remember so much wind pain but it gets better if u give 100% to this and use your willpower u will succeed. It takes a lot of work but it is soooo worth it.when u put on those size 12/14 jeans wow does it feel good.

I definatly intend on making it work I'm excited for that size 12
I hope this feeling of fullness lasts it's ace
I like you have a 10 ml band with 4ml in which I wasn't expecting,how many fills did you have to get to your 'sweet spot'

hi guys ive got a quick question for all u experienced banders. im day 8 of lsd. im doing low cal/ 100g carb diet and am realy struggling now. im just wondering if im aloud to cook with a stock cube then drain the excess fluid away? im desperate for some more flavour. thw packet says 1.8g carb if made with 100mls of water. wud this be too much carb and dont want to ruin what ive done so far? thanx jess

The initial feeling full does ware off I had loads of fills cause I didn't want to go to quickly but because u don't pay for them within 2 yrs go slow because if u go over its absolutely awful.
Jess I don't no wot to tell u about your food intake I never counted carbs just calories kept about 1000/1100 for a few days then dropped down to 700/900 for a couple but did start walking then running when I lost enought to do it without injury.used myfitnesspal app on my phone brill for keeping a tally of your food.

thanx for replying. ive fotbto stick to 'the hospital group' plan so im not sure. its works out all the cals carbs for mw but v limited on food choice.I used hald of a stock cube tonight and was lush. so prob do it again hehe x

Jess I'm sure it'll be fine I just stuck to the foods off the sheet the first week and milk n yog second I'm sure a stock cube won't ruin what you've done.

Thanks Mimi I'm just gonna go with the flow and stick to the rules x

As long as u lose a couple of lbs your liver will b fine.

I was told to take one stock cube in a cup of hot water per day to ensure I was getting enough salt in my pre-op diet.

Yes that's right sephem,but that's on the milk n yog and I think jess is doing the 1000 cal low carb xxx

I used slimfast morning and lunch and had a low cal meal for dinner did that for two weeks b4 lost 1 stone.never did thiers.

Back