• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What's on the menu today?

Glad you eating now Phil.

6 days post op

Glass orange squash
small bowl oxtail soup
fruit tube
leek and potatoe soup
Low sugar ribena
Small hot choc

Struggling drinking so much at moment - do you think im eating enough ?

Glad you eating now Phil.

6 days post op

Glass orange squash
small bowl oxtail soup
fruit tube
leek and potatoe soup
Low sugar ribena
Small hot choc

Struggling drinking so much at moment - do you think im eating enough ?
Don't worry about the eating bex...drink drink drink then drink some more. good luck x

Breakfast - home made fruit smoothie
Lunch - chicken cup a soup
Dinner - cheesy mash with tinned meatballs (mashed up)
Snacks- milky coffee, NAS Squash, tea, WW yogurt

10 days post op

milky coffee
juice
Lunch - 5 spoons leak pot soup
yazoo banana
tea - tomato soup half tin
choc yazoo

B - Breakfast Pot from Asda with Greek Yog, strawberries and granola on top (very filling)
L - Half a tin of Heinz tommy soup and one slice of toast
T - Two poached eggs, spoonful of beans and 2 oven chips

Extras

Low fat ceral bar
Flavoured water
coffees
4 dates, and a few cashew nuts

Last edited:
Neeta said:
B - Breakfast Pot from Asda with Greek Yog, strawberries and granola on top (very filling)
L - Half a tin of Heinz tommy soup and one slice of toast
T - Two poached eggs, spoonful of beans and 2 oven chips

Extras

Low fat ceral bar
Flavoured water
coffees

Hi Neeta, which op are you? And how far are you?

Hi Neeta, which op are you? And how far are you?

Hiya Ryan, I had my gastric bypass on the 26th of September, so I am in my fifth week following surgery. I must say I haven't had any problems at all. I can only eat a little bit and usually leave something even from my side plate size meal that I have at tea time, but I try to have things with some sauce/gravy to help them go down.

Are you getting on ok with your foods?

Neeta said:
Hiya Ryan, I had my gastric bypass on the 26th of September, so I am in my fifth week following surgery. I must say I haven't had any problems at all. I can only eat a little bit and usually leave something even from my side plate size meal that I have at tea time, but I try to have things with some sauce/gravy to help them go down.

Are you getting on ok with your foods?

Hiya Neeta, that's really encouraging that you are eating so well. I had my bypass 4 days after you. I have been up and down but getting there now. I wish I could be on solids but I was told to only start purée 4 weeks post op, which is today. Can go on solids in 4 weeks but can't wait. Well done on doing so well

15 weeks post-op.

Thus far today, I have had;

1x Danone Actimel Blueberry Yogurt

300ml Pure Unsweetened Orange Juice

1x Tangerine & 1x Pear

Ipkt Mini Snack-o-jacks (Hot Tomatoe Flavour) and,

1 cup of tea

(I usually have soup for my tea with a couple of slices of Ryvita and 2tspns of cream cheese).

* My fluid intake is very low today....must get drinking!

B - weetbix
L - yoghurt
T - scrambled egg

Tea, coffee, water

Unfortunately could not hold scrambled egg down. Ten minutes after eating it, it all came up. My first food on day 1 of purée stage. No idea why. Hopefully tomorrow will be easier on this stage.

Later, I will attempt a piece of Melba toast with cheese spread.

Tea and water later

Oh my goodness!!!! I feel like jumping up and dancing for joy. I just had a carrs meltz cracker with thinly spread cheese spread! Really does melt in your mouth so no problem getting stuck. And tasted and felt so bloody good! First thing I have bitten on in four weeks. What a feeling!

ryanrara said:
Oh my goodness!!!! I feel like jumping up and dancing for joy. I just had a carrs meltz cracker with thinly spread cheese spread! Really does melt in your mouth so no problem getting stuck. And tasted and felt so bloody good! First thing I have bitten on in four weeks. What a feeling!

Remember that well!!! X

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

Fantastic !!! It feels so good doesn't it. :D:D

Why not try some grated cheese on your scrammy eggs and a little brown sauce - nice and tasty. I only felt sick the other day first time following surgery and don't know why. Perhaps I ate too quick. Lesson learnt. Slowly does it. :)

Did't eat much at all yesterday as was out shopping most of the day and the all important new set of false nails back on appointment in the afternoon. :D

B cereal bar
L cereal bar
T four meat balls with home made pasta sauce and small amount of spaghetti.

extras

Coffee
Milky coffee whilst out shopping
three dates and some cashew and pine nuts and sunflower seed mix
Lots of flavoured water (always take a sports bottle with me in my bag)

B porridge
L yoghurt
T puréed white fish

Snacks 2 x crackers with marmite

Drinks, tea, water, watered down apple juice

Vomited after my fish (very mucasy) reckon must have over eaten. 7 tea spoons about. Really irritating me as hardly eating anything yet can't hold my evening meal. When some of you can eat so much more than me. I am 4 weeks and 1 day post op

B porridge
L yoghurt
T minestrone soup

2 crackers in between with cheese spread.
Tea x 2
Watered down apple juice
Nas orange squash
Water

Breakfast - 1/2 poached egg (brought it back up)
Snack - Ice lolly
Lunch - 2 tsbp Spaghetti Hoops with 2 tbsp mash (heaven)
Snack - 2 x crispbreads with Philly Lite
Dinner - Banana
Snack - Ice Lolly

Drinks - Mixed Berry Smoothie (Home made), 4 x teas with 1tsp marvel and ss milk, 1 x latte with extra tsp of marvel

Back