• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What's on the menu today?

Scrambled egg went down okay, had less than half and felt full after, had puree skinless sausage to which was nice x

Oh wow, I can't wait to try a sausage. Not sure if they are too fatty fried but in the oven I always manage to make them too hard :D

I really fancy a sausage and a couple of chunky oven chips. Eeeeek am I heading for the slippery slope do you think?

Glad the scrambled eggs went down well hon :D

Hi I am finding it hard to drink 2 lts of water a day only 5 days post op if I drink lots I find it hard to eat all my dinner I stop drinking 1/2 hour before food also finding that I am eating all the time this is what I am doing
B/fast 1/2 weetabix and hot milk
Snack 1 dessert spoon of youghet
Lunch 1 dessert spoon of soup
Snack bannan smoothie home made
Dinner chessey mash
Snack jelly
I feel like it is to much

Oh wow, I can't wait to try a sausage. Not sure if they are too fatty fried but in the oven I always manage to make them too hard :D

I really fancy a sausage and a couple of chunky oven chips. Eeeeek am I heading for the slippery slope do you think?

Glad the scrambled eggs went down well hon :D

If you fancy a sausage, why not try the small tins of beans with sausage, they are nice and soft and a poached egg on top would go down a treat. :D

I have the skinless ones and they are really soft when cooked and went down good, they are not very big x

B - weetbix (3 spoon fulls)
L - 1 laughing cow cheese wedge
D - mash and gravy (6 spoons)

Snack - 1 cracker

1.5 LTR water and tea
Apple juice watered down

Not had much but it's the first day in a few not been sick and managed to hold everything down. Feels really good.
Ate very slowly and really went down well

B-1 egg over easy with cheese on wheat toast
L- half sandwich wheat ham and cheese lil mayo
D- ginger chicken with 2 broccoli florets

8 weeks post op
Breakfast 1 poached egg on brown granary bread toasted till quite hard. I cut of the crusts and managed to eat 3/4 of the slice, it was yummy lol

Lunch 2 slices of ham, 3 brazil nuts. ( was busy at work and had this late about 3pm)

Dinner OH had a gammon hock so I had a small amount of the meat from it and some swede and a bit of sweet potato.

Milky coffees and water and a glass of NAS lemon.

Last edited:
8 weeks post op
Wednesday
Breakfast weetabix fruit and nut minis with skimmed milk
Lunch 2 Rakushen crackers and a small amount of cheese.
Dinner Went out with some friends from work to Harvester, was nervous about what to have, studied the menu before hand and was going to have fish but settled on half a spit roast chicken with a jacket potato. Went to salad bar and got some low fat mayonnaise and some red devil sauce and a few onions sprinkles, had that on the potato, ate about a 1.3 and ate the chicken thigh and leg but left the breast. Really enjoyed it and it was my first proper meal out and it felt good.
Did not have a drink before so had a decaff coffee 1/2 hour after the food.

Wendy x

honeykiss said:
8 weeks post op
Wednesday
Breakfast weetabix fruit and nut minis with skimmed milk
Lunch 2 Rakushen crackers and a small amount of cheese.
Dinner Went out with some friends from work to Harvester, was nervous about what to have, studied the menu before hand and was going to have fish but settled on half a spit roast chicken with a jacket potato. Went to salad bar and got some low fat mayonnaise and some red devil sauce and a few onions sprinkles, had that on the potato, ate about a 1.3 and ate the chicken thigh and leg but left the breast. Really enjoyed it and it was my first proper meal out and it felt good.
Did not have a drink before so had a decaff coffee 1/2 hour after the food.

Wendy x

That's sounds awesome Wendy. In 2 weeks I'll be 8 weeks and really hope I can eat as well

Sounds lovely Wendy!

My had illness so yesterday eas just juice
Today had 4 teaspoons readybreak and juice, still don't feel great

Thursay 8 weeks post op

Breakfast - One poached egg and small piece of black pudding.

Lunch I was out and about and didn't have time to plan ahead so popped into Morrisons and had an Eat smart prawn cocktail. I fished most of the prawns out and ate them but left best pat of the sauce. It was about 10mg of protein so that was good, I also had a packet of Eat Smart paprika soya potato snacks. I found them in the cracker aisle with the rice cakes. It was nice to have something crunch, only 97 cals a bag and 4.9g of protein. Not something I want to have everyday but they were handy to have.

Dinner - Cottage pie I made yesterday, only ate a small portion.

Snacks brazil nuts, milky coffee and NAS lemon and water.

8 weeks post op

Breakfast
1 slice of white bread
Little clover light
Marmaldae

Lunch
Made a chicken wrap but couldnt eat it
So had a bag of wotsits

Dinner
Sweet and sour plum pork
Onion
Pineapple
Sweet red pepper

Dessert
Low fat custard
Banana

6 weeks post op

b - porridge (4 tea spoons)

snack - babybel cheese

l - yoghurt (asda low fat cherry flavoured)

snack - another babybel
cheese spread and a cracker

d - mash and gravy (4 spoons)

snack 0 cracker and cheese spread

2lts water in total
1 x coffee

though I have been holding everything down for a good few days now, I still reckon I may need a stretch. I know I am only 6 weeks post op but reckon its deffo a posibility.
As reading what everyone else can eat, I can manage a lot less and can hardly see myself eating a slice of toast and extras in two weeks, etc. Though I cam but hope. I have my first surgery follow up on 2 December and for now its on the top list of questions :)

4 weeks out

Breakfast - yoghurt
lunch - swede and carrot mash 4 table spoons
mid pm - egg custard inside
Dinner - Fish cake - 1/4 and mini milk lollie

17weeks post op

B- poached egg, bacon and 1 slice of toast
L- crackers light spready cheese and bbq chicken pieces
T- haven't decided yet summit nice I hope

20 weeks nearly post op

Breakfast 2 slices whole grain toast with marmite
Snack 1 biscuit
Lunch a chicken liver pate sandwich
Snack. Bag of cheese and onion crisps
Dinner piece of plaice dusted with lemon pepper coating

No usual day but moving on decorating new house so now well thought out choices

been the same today as yeterday, exactly the same. detailed in previous post. though tomorrow its time for corned beef hash ! whoop

4 weeks post op

Breakfast - not alot as felt sick after tablets
Lunch - coffee and mushroom soup
Tea - spag bolognaise without the spaghetti

Squash and water

Back