• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What's on the menu today?

Just realised I've only had 250mls water, a mug of tea and a mug of coffe for my liquids and it nearly 5.30p.m . Must get drinking. Todays food has been:
B- 2 tbspns baked beans
L: 2 melba toasts, small tin tuna ( went in, came back out again)
T: Pork chop, all visible fat removed- about 2oz.
S: Pick n Mix cheese portion
Will try to have something else later as this is a bit low. I'm a big girl you know- and need some food to keep me going lol !!

Sadly the pasta is a no no today it got sort of stuck gone in now but not pushing my luck with any more will freeze the leftovers for another time. Off to blitz the left over sauce into a soup.
May have the banana & custard I put to one side when I did the families pudding earlier or a smooth yoghurt depending how my pouch feels later. Otherwise that can be breakfast tomorrow. Lol

Been fine with the skins been really really enjoying them actually!! The only 'skin' i struggle with is sweetcorn. Gutted, i loved it! X

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

didn't do too good last night. Couldn't sleep - mind going mad. Came back down and had a midnight snack of new potatoes and a spoon of sweetcorn :( *sigh*

B:Quaker Oat Bran Crisp + 0% fat natural yogurt + sweetner
Tea with milk and sweetner
1 glass water

5 quorn fishless fingers + sweetcorn + yogurt "dressing"

6 rich tea biscuits

Can I ask what are the fishless fingers like? I am alergic to most fish othere than tinned tuna and tinned salmon. I wouldn't eat them as a regular thing but just thought that I might fancy them when I am able to eat normal textures. :eek: can anyone suggest when I could have some mushy peas. I am craving something really tasty with vinegar and mint sause. Have had some lamb and veg soup blitzed up with mint sauce in it, but it's not quite right. :confused:

Can I ask what are the fishless fingers like? I am alergic to most fish othere than tinned tuna and tinned salmon. I wouldn't eat them as a regular thing but just thought that I might fancy them when I am able to eat normal textures. :eek: can anyone suggest when I could have some mushy peas. I am craving something really tasty with vinegar and mint sause. Have had some lamb and veg soup blitzed up with mint sauce in it, but it's not quite right. :confused:

Hi Neeta - I quite like them - have been veggie for years so these new Quorn tuna and salmon thingies are lovely - the fishless fingers don't taste exactly now I remember but they are pretty close :)

Worth a try for you I would think.

Neeta
Why not have pea and mint soup! Sainsbury do a really nice fresh one in the chiller cabinets.
Or Big soup do a lamb and mint, not great but gives a taste.

Neeta
Why not have pea and mint soup! Sainsbury do a really nice fresh one in the chiller cabinets.
Or Big soup do a lamb and mint, not great but gives a taste.

lol - Had the lamb and veg Big Soup the other day, not really very tasty blitzed up (I think that food looses something when it is blitzed - roll on the next stage)

Last night I had half a tin of mushy peas - blitzed to be like thick pea soup with vinegar and mint sauce on - that did the trick!! SCRUMMY. ;)

Hubby asked if I thought I might be preggers just cause I was wanting mint sauce all the time :eek::eek::eek:.

breakfast at lunch lol

2 quorn sausages + baked beans

============

dinner:
Quorn chilli made with "free food" on the SW plan
1 apple

-------------

went a bit mad and had toast later on :( (4 slices in all over a couple of hours)
this is the kind of habit I HAVE to stop :S

Last edited:
B - porridge with lots of milk.
L - Tin of Leek and Potato soup

sanks so far :-
Actimel drink
Options Orange Flavour hot choc
NAS juice

Today I got weighed and I have put on :( can't understand it. :eek: I have heard that other people have put on a couple of weeks in to their post op time, so not getting downhearted about it - just a bit anoyed. :cry:

lol - Had the lamb and veg Big Soup the other day, not really very tasty blitzed up (I think that food looses something when it is blitzed - roll on the next stage)

Last night I had half a tin of mushy peas - blitzed to be like thick pea soup with vinegar and mint sauce on - that did the trick!! SCRUMMY. ;)

Hubby asked if I thought I might be preggers just cause I was wanting mint sauce all the time :eek::eek::eek:.
I was the same, i added abit of mint sauce every time i whizzed up my dinner x

Two weeks post op on Monday and today I have had

B - 2 spoons of porridge with plenty of milk.
L - Milk shake with protein powder.
T - Soft scrambled egg with grated cheese (hope it will stay down) ;)
S - Weight Watchers lemon yog

in betweensies two coffees
lots of flavoured water

Last edited:
2 days post op . . . had chicken soup for lunch in the hospital, not thought about dinner yet :(

Aw bless ya Kath. Give it time. It is hard at first.

I really enjoyed my tea of soft omlette with cheese and brown sauce made by hubby. Went down a treat and I am stuffed. :D

On pre op diet

Had lie in so missed breakfast

L - Prawn salad and banana
T - 2oz pork, brocolli, 4 new pots, baby corn, mushrooms, and low fat yoghurt

Still have another piece of fruit am allowed, but still hungry, but 8 days to go xx

Saturday:

12 noon "Brunch" - 2 quorn sausages and some baked beans

4pm - small bowl quorn chilli + spoon of Greek yogurt (0% fat)

7pm small bowl Quorn & veg bolognese + about 2oz cooked pasta + 1tsp grated parmesan

1/2pt semi sk milk in tea throughout the day

+ 1oz oats+ 1/4pt sk milk

+calcium and vits supplements

Nutrition Summary
Calories (kcal)1162
Protein (g)82.4
Carbohydrate (g)146.6
Fat (g)27.0
Fibre (g)25.7
Fruit & Veg8.7

Last edited:
Pre op

B- 1/2 pint of skimmed milk
Snack 1/2 pint of skimmed milk
L- 1/2 pint of skimmed milk and muller light mango and passion fruit
Snack can dr pepper zero
D- 1/2 pint of skimmed milk and strawberry muller light
Snack 1/2 pint of skimmed milk
Supper 1/2 pint skimmed milk

:( am really hungry today

Keep sharing your menu neeta, I'm only 1 week behind you and useless at ideas for meals! you're almost my personal meal planner :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back