• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2017 Sleeve me please

Bling Babe

Congratulations not long now x

ItsmePaula

Oh wow! That is high.. You know I don't have an answer for this. Why don't you contact the hospital and see what they say. There could be a number of reasons why your pressure is high.

Sorry I couldn't be any help xx

nafpnd

High blood pressure is one of the conditions that count as a co-morbidity for weight loss surgery - they will operate so the blood pressure can come down...

TiaLi

Well, that's not entirely accurate nafpnd. Yes, it counts as a co-morbidity, but there will still be a limit to how high it can be in order for a hospital to agree to an elective, non-emergency surgery. I believe the guidelines set out by the Association of Anaesthetists says 160/100. These are, however, just guidelines and will differ from hospital to hospital (possibly even from anaesthetist to anaesthetist). Your systolic reading is a possible concern, jj87 (and they do tend to care more about the systolic than the diastolic).

If it is deemed too high, you should be notified about this during the pre-op assessment. Your gp can then put you on medication to get the pressure down to a safer level. Blood pressure medication usually give quite quick results, so assuming there is a bit of time between the pre-op assessment and your actual surgery date, this can all be sorted out in that gap.

Is that reading you gave above just from one single occasion, or has it been consistently high? I was a bit concerned about my blood pressure possibly tripping my surgery up as well, but as it turns out I have "white-coat syndrome". That is, I am so uneasy around doctors and hospitals that my blood pressure automatically goes up when they measure it. So the first reading at my pre-op assessment came out far too high, and the nurse told me they were unlikely to agree to surgery until it came down. I asked her to give me 5 minutes and then measure it again. During this time I did some breathing exercises and relaxation techniques - and when she measured it again it was down at a more acceptable level.

Can you contact your team to discuss your concerns and check what they say? Don't panic - hypertension is common among bariatric patients, but it can be addressed with medication if they want you to get it down before surgery.

jj87

So slimfast life has started. 5a day the a salty drink And some jelly if I wish... Hurry up the 18th!!!! Any advice welcomed x

jj87

I have to have 5.. Ive only had two so far.... I'm not finding it to bad... The end goal is keeping me going

jj87

Not to get... I had a blow out yesterday as ive only been having 2shakes a day.... So hard to have 5 but then I'm guessing its 5 so u don't do what I did and EAT everything... SO BACK TO SQUARE ONE TODAY!!!.
10days to pull it back...........

x.Nicky.x

You can do it JJ!!!

I am doing OK thank you :) swapped to 3 shakes and 100g of chicken...needed something to chew lol..

9 more daysssss xxxxx eekkk hurry now

ItsmePaula

@jj87 & @Nickynooo I promise it will go so quick for you. Don't stress too much otherwise you will just make things drag. Keep a positive mind. Remind yourself why you are doing this in the first place. Think about the bigger picture. Make goals and stick to them. Learn to breathe lol!!

You both can do this because you are already doing it. :hugs:

x.Nicky.x

@jj87 & @Nickynooo I promise it will go so quick for you. Don't stress too much otherwise you will just make things drag. Keep a positive mind. Remind yourself why you are doing this in the first place. Think about the bigger picture. Make goals and stick to them. Learn to breathe lol!!

You both can do this because you are already doing it. :hugs:

Thanks my lovely...counting down the days xx