• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2017 Sleeve me please

Hi no change. Iv heard that homerton is a quick hospital. I'm just waiting for the 8th. Im finding im getting impatient. I'm so excited but so scared at the same time. I don't know how the funding works. How u getting on x

Hi no change. Iv heard that homerton is a quick hospital. I'm just waiting for the 8th. Im finding im getting impatient. I'm so excited but so scared at the same time. I don't know how the funding works. How u getting on x
since my last appointment I've been eating like Ito gone out of fashion so really need to get my head back into it... I've heard it can be quick also.. fingers crossed for that. 8th of this month is your appointment?. do u know what your going there for?

My case goes to MDT meeting on the 8th to be discussed with the panel. I don't go. Just got to wait to hear from them. They will decide if im ready or if I need to do anything else. Hope there isn't anything else. I have also been eating alot. My nan died and iv noticed im emotional eater something I need to change. Iv started back to slimming world this week as need to get it under control. I was told to lose 5 to 10% of weight. But gained instead so need to loss enough to at less cut even when I get next appointment. It's hard ant it keep trying to loss weight all the time. How u getting on at that hospital x

My doctor seems to think I've already been funded but I am yet to even met with the surgeon??. Anyone have a better insight please

Morning. so hopefully I have??. my next appointment is the 24th. Also I think I've put on weight sincentre last app. Should I try my hardest to lose as much as possible before the 24th. I was thinking doing the vlcd to help. hope your well x

Morning. so hopefully I have??. my next appointment is the 24th. Also I think I've put on weight sincentre last app. Should I try my hardest to lose as much as possible before the 24th. I was thinking doing the vlcd to help. hope your well x
Hey chick I'd avoid vlcd diets for now because once you start the refeed after you're likely to put it back on and more (from experience) try and focus on being good until your appt. I have my appt for my one year next Friday and I'm being good now too :p haha. I'm good how are you x

hehe. good times for the both of us.... I'm ok.. not been so focused on the weightloss which is a good and bad thing as now I'm panicking!!!... ooo one year. bet it's gone so quickly... I wonder when I will be joining you on the losers bench!!

I informed a family member of my plans for WLS and she like "ow yes I love plastic surgery". Wasn't sure how I melt about it.... what do we all think??

Plastic surgery is defined as surgery undertaken for cosmetic reasons and as WLS is undertaken to improve quality of life, treat multiple conditions such as type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure as well as extend life expectancy I wouldn't say it was cosmetic surgery. But even if it was is it a bad thing? My mum in law had a breast implant after her mastectomy, technically cosmetic I guess but does anyone really judge a cancer survivor who simply wants her body to feel normal? Or a child I know who has had multiple operations to remove scar tissue on their face after they were badly injured in a car accident?

Honestly it sounds to me like that person was trying to belittle your choice to improve your health. So many people think losing weight is motivated simply by a desire to look better. It's a lovely side effect but the NHS wouldn't fund any WLS ever simply for that reason. And as an aside one of the things that winds me up the most is other people assuming I hated my body before I lost weight. I didn't, my body has beaten some incredible odds to get me this far but I knew that it couldn't continue to do that at the weight I was and since nothing else had worked this was deemed the most suitable long term option :)

Great post... ya I really weren't sure how to take it but ow well... no loss to me what others think xx

I'm due to see surgeon on 24th but have put on half a stones since my last app maybe a bit more... what should I do

Hi @jj87
I saw my surgeon on Tuesday just gone. I was worried like you...As I'd gained nearly a stone since my last appointment, even though the appointment previously before that...id lost. (My weight flutuates up and down quite a lot...from month to month).
The surgeon said he will still operate on me....But did warn me...that as common procedure at York Hospital, if a patient gains weight from the last consultation, to surgery day....they'll refuse to operate. Every hospital has different procedures. But hope this helps....try and stay positive.
At the end of the day...if we could consistently lose the weight each month and keep it off...we wouldn't be needing surgery in the first place! But they do want to see our commitment.
Im panicking too...hoping I don't gain anymore weighed now! ...But...im so determined to lose weight before my op date comes round (within 8 weeks, but not got date through post yet). As don't want to waste this opportunity.
Good Luck with your weightloss journey.

Toni :rainbow:

Hi @jj87
I saw my surgeon on Tuesday just gone. I was worried like you...As I'd gained nearly a stone since my last appointment, even though the appointment previously before that...id lost. (My weight flutuates up and down quite a lot...from month to month).
The surgeon said he will still operate on me....But did warn me...that as common procedure at York Hospital, if a patient gains weight from the last consultation, to surgery day....they'll refuse to operate. Every hospital has different procedures. But hope this helps....try and stay positive.
At the end of the day...if we could consistently lose the weight each month and keep it off...we wouldn't be needing surgery in the first place! But they do want to see our commitment.
Im panicking too...hoping I don't gain anymore weighed now! ...But...im so determined to lose weight before my op date comes round (within 8 weeks, but not got date through post yet). As don't want to waste this opportunity.
Good Luck with your weightloss journey.

Toni :rainbow:
thank you for your post... the more pressure I'm under the more I eat. it's so silly.... can I ask what other appointments have you had so far and how long your journey has taken x

thank you for your post... the more pressure I'm under the more I eat. it's so silly.... can I ask what other appointments have you had so far and how long your journey has taken x
Hi @jj87
My journey has gone on longer than it should have done....mainly because I backed out of surgery twice before...(nerves got the better of me). But , this last time has taken longer to get to the stage im at....because of NHS cuts at York Hospital.

So far its taken about 10 months ..from first consultation to where im at now (2 months away from surgery) Both times before...came round a lot quicker...it was more like 10 months from first consultation to surgery date. But each hospital is different. I've never been through the 5 tier process , that some have had to go through. As it wasn'nt available when i first got put forward for surgery.

So as far as appointment go...I've probably had around 4 - 6 appointments...(this last time) ...with various consultants. And, a colonoscopy / an endoscopy....A sleep test ...... (discovered i have Sleep Apnea) ...blood and urine tests.

Well, Good Luck on Monday :)

Toni:rainbow:

Oh no! Did they tell you why?

Back