• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A band for me x

Thanks Sunny x

I am just finding this willpower malarkey impossible. Running ragged at work and with teenagers so have just dropped back to normal although probably not eating as much as I would as I do get a reminder the band is there but just not soon enough x

Think I just need to take some time out for me and start a proper diary x

How are you finding the liquids x

Hi Tracey,

It's when we get stressed etc that it's always the hardest I know I'm the same. I try things like only buying what i don't overeat on ... So for me no bread, sweets, cheese, crisps etc etc ... X it's not in the house then it's harder for me to be tempted! Kids arnt right impressed but tough ... It's good for them too.

My worst is fish n chip shops- I have to pass at least 3 on the way back from work and every one calls me!! Lol I have had some right arguments with myself re these especially with the pre op ... My brain was like it's ok Gowan Gowan Gowan (father ted style) and I was like no no no la la not listening !! Argh ...

Have you tried changing routine? Sit somewhere else on the sofa when watching tv - if tv is a trigger? I know I'm gonna be the same soon so I'm thinking already of stuff that will/ might help me!!

Petrol stations are another one I have to turn my back on the crisps and they're the same all rustling at me going you know you want to ... Argh

I'm bored of the liquid diet already but it's going ok, I'm day 5 post op - do you include the day you had the op? If so its day 6 .. This has been stressing my head for days because I have a 3 day/ 6 day and day 10 post op wound care regime... I'm a bit aspie (aspergers) so I need exact instructions or else my brain goes into overload! Lol

I managed to get a fair bit down yesterday for the first time - 2 soups n 3 shakes (I think). So far today I've had my shake - I have some from my provider but also some from previous exante diet. Which I did earlier this year to prove to myself I could before I got the band.

You CAN Do it you CAN. Believe in yourself ... And post on here if it helps. I've started a diary too it's for me to splurge out all the stuff in my head (which as you can tell is a lot lol)!!

Good luck my lovely ... You're not failing you're just starting out on a new journey and when learning something new it takes time to get the hang of it :) X

This is me drawing a line under the last few weeks

It's time I worked with my band.

I have my first fill tomorrow and am really hoping to get some restriction. Even to get it for a few days again will be nice.

I promise myself I will take time out to make meal
Plans and stick to them x

I Will use my diary more as well.

If I write it down then I am accountable x

T x

Hi Tracy good luck for your first fill X

Line is drawn you can do this, we all can X

Hi Tracey - I'm also convincing myself here too ;-) I'm terrified of failing but we won't and we can't even if it takes a while and isn't as quick we can do it. Think positive X

I'm still on liquids for another week but I'm actually a bit scared of the food stage because I have these urges to eat ... But it time to tackle all this... I haven't spent this much money to not - I'm not perfect (no one is) and I won't be perfect all the time but it's about improving.

Take one meal and one day at a time - you can do it x x

Good luck Tracey!!

Please dont beat yourself up over it, it was always going to be a turbulent ride for all of us.

Let us know how your fill goes xxx

Thanks Sophina Well I have had my first fill and am currently sipping water before I am allowed to go. I had 0.5 mls in already, and they added 3.5 so I am now on 4mls. I was so worried they wouldn't find the port but she was straight to it. It's such a strange feeling at the moment I have been a bit burpy and tight but it's good to feel something. Back to liquids for three days and soft for three days so I think that will be good for me to have a break from food as well for a week x

Last edited:
Ah that's sounding good and yes, it sounds like your next 6 days will give you a great start!

Good luck Tracey!

I'm booked in for first week of Dec so am waiting nearly 8 weeks post op!
I'm going to have to seriously remain focussed!! x

That is quite a wait 8 weeks did they say why it was that long? X

You are doing so well you will be absolutely fine

My surgeon wants to see me to make sure everything is as it should be and he does clinics every 2 weeks, so if I went 2 weeks before it'd be just under 6 weeks and won't do fills until 6 weeks post op.

I could've seen a nurse the week before but I think as a post op check, 1 week difference to see the man that actually did it won't make a difference in the grand scheme of things.

But the more I recover, the more I'm getting an appetite so just need to keep it all at bay.

Have you had a good loss so far since you started your pre op?! Xxx

My surgeon wants to see me to make sure everything is as it should be and he does clinics every 2 weeks, so if I went 2 weeks before it'd be just under 6 weeks and won't do fills until 6 weeks post op. I could've seen a nurse the week before but I think as a post op check, 1 week difference to see the man that actually did it won't make a difference in the grand scheme of things. But the more I recover, the more I'm getting an appetite so just need to keep it all at bay. Have you had a good loss so far since you started your pre op?! Xxx

That makes sense then to wait for the surgeon x

My weight loss hasn't been great as I really haven't been working with my band. In total only a stone as I have put on a bit the last few weeks.

Hi Tracey glad your fill went ok I'm shocked they put that much in to begin with, did it hurt? Xx

Yeah I was quite shocked as well. I don't know how they decide cos we didn't really talk. Maybe it's cos I haven't lost much. Not sure

It don't hurt it was just like a sharp scratch was really quick tho

That's good then lol at least you know where it's then,dose it sound mad but I'm jealous your on liquids I wish I was I have weighed myself tonight and iv gained 2 lbs I'm gutted I'm trying really hard not to snack but I get hungry about 2 hours after a meal and get funny pains in my side as though the band is telling me to feed him again lol xx

No I completely understand as I am sooo happy I am on liquids for three days. This is such a mad journey isn't it??? I am going to sit down at the weekend and write a meal planner. I haven't been eating healthy for so many years I have to go back to the start really.

We will get there hon x it's normal to put on once going back into foods x

Back