• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A Chance to Start Again

Again I'm feeling really good today. My wound sites are starting to yellow, so the bruising is now dissipating. I think I might be able to get all my water in today since I took my water bottle to bed last night. I did weigh this morning, but the scales haven't moved much since the day of surgery, but I'm not too worried. Something is changing. I've noticed that going up and down the stairs is far easier already which is awesome. Also, last night when I went to bed I just felt so good emotionally! It's like not only has the physical weight been dealt with, but I just felt this lightness within me. This morning I had a couple tablespoons of Skyr yogurt, which tasted really good and it's not made me dump like the SlimFast and Complan did. So, onward and upward!

That's great you are feeling emotional benefits so quickly. I hope your recovery continues to go well.x

Again I'm feeling really good today. My wound sites are starting to yellow, so the bruising is now dissipating. I think I might be able to get all my water in today since I took my water bottle to bed last night. I did weigh this morning, but the scales haven't moved much since the day of surgery, but I'm not too worried. Something is changing. I've noticed that going up and down the stairs is far easier already which is awesome. Also, last night when I went to bed I just felt so good emotionally! It's like not only has the physical weight been dealt with, but I just felt this lightness within me. This morning I had a couple tablespoons of Skyr yogurt, which tasted really good and it's not made me dump like the SlimFast and Complan did. So, onward and upward!
The psychology aspect is just as important to us, I’m so pleased that your doing so well and with your fluids too xx

Love this post, so happy for you feeling the changes already xx

You are doing very well xx

Another daily update from me. I've managed to drink 1.5 litres of water over the course of last night and through today and that's not including any extra drinks such as tea, coffee, soups and the like. My pain is pretty much nonexistent at this point and I'm not feeling any tiredness whatsoever and I've never experienced any nausea. If anything, I just feel excited and rarin' to go! Today was good because one of my neighbours popped in for a coffee as well as a couple of good friends from church and we had such a lovely chat and a laugh. I honestly cannot remember feeling this good for such a long time and it just amazes me!

I don't know if any of you have ever heard of this guy, but on YouTube there's a bariatric surgeon in the US called Dr. Duc Vuong who had a load of videos about surgery and how to be successful and I'm loving the advice he's giving. He's pretty plain speaking, but I like that about him. He also has some books on Amazon and I bought his guide about gastric surgery success where he not only talks about the physical side of it all, but also the psychology behind it and goal setting and planning to make those goals reality. Once my family head back to Oklahoma/work/school I'm looking forward to digging into this little book and doing some work!

This morning I weighed and the scales are finally moving. As of this morning I was down to 362 lbs/25st 8lbs/164kg. :woohoo:

Another daily update from me. I've managed to drink 1.5 litres of water over the course of last night and through today and that's not including any extra drinks such as tea, coffee, soups and the like. My pain is pretty much nonexistent at this point and I'm not feeling any tiredness whatsoever and I've never experienced any nausea. If anything, I just feel excited and rarin' to go! Today was good because one of my neighbours popped in for a coffee as well as a couple of good friends from church and we had such a lovely chat and a laugh. I honestly cannot remember feeling this good for such a long time and it just amazes me!

I don't know if any of you have ever heard of this guy, but on YouTube there's a bariatric surgeon in the US called Dr. Duc Vuong who had a load of videos about surgery and how to be successful and I'm loving the advice he's giving. He's pretty plain speaking, but I like that about him. He also has some books on Amazon and I bought his guide about gastric surgery success where he not only talks about the physical side of it all, but also the psychology behind it and goal setting and planning to make those goals reality. Once my family head back to Oklahoma/work/school I'm looking forward to digging into this little book and doing some work!

This morning I weighed and the scales are finally moving. As of this morning I was down to 362 lbs/25st 8lbs/164kg. :woohoo:
Wow you really are doing amazing, I really hope I follow suit. I subscribe to Dr. V. I love him, he talks so much sense, I've been doing his green smoothies and big ass salads for months lol. I hope you continue to feel as great as you do today xx

I’m so pleased your doing so well and feeling so good!! A really positive post, well done on those fab fluids, keep up the good work xxx

So glad you are doing so well, love and hugs xx

Wow you really are doing amazing, I really hope I follow suit. I subscribe to Dr. V. I love him, he talks so much sense, I've been doing his green smoothies and big ass salads for months lol. I hope you continue to feel as great as you do today xx

I got his green smoothie book as well as the big ass salad book. Once I'm back onto solid food again I think I'll give them a go. I just hope they play nicely for a bypass and aren't just aimed at sleeved patients. Nothing saying I can't make adjustments though. Also, how big is a big ass salad for wls patients? It surely can't be that big!

I got his green smoothie book as well as the big ass salad book. Once I'm back onto solid food again I think I'll give them a go. I just hope they play nicely for a bypass and aren't just aimed at sleeved patients. Nothing saying I can't make adjustments though. Also, how big is a big ass salad for wls patients? It surely can't be that big!
My salads are tiny but that’s because I like to have high protein with it which obviously takes room xxx

Noooo hun post op its a small ass salad is what he says lol.
Can I ask you, did the hospital administer you effervescent paracetamol and send you home with it, I did and questioned it , we are not supposed fizzy, they said it wasn't really fizzy and it's fine. I've been in absolute agony with wind pain today, I'm sure those tablets haven't helped. I looked up online and it says baratric patients should not have them. Just wondering what you were given. x

Noooo hun post op its a small ass salad is what he says lol.
Can I ask you, did the hospital administer you effervescent paracetamol and send you home with it, I did and questioned it , we are not supposed fizzy, they said it wasn't really fizzy and it's fine. I've been in absolute agony with wind pain today, I'm sure those tablets haven't helped. I looked up online and it says baratric patients should not have them. Just wondering what you were given. x

Ah! Ok, I must have missed that! Small ass salad it will be!

They gave me the fizzy paracetamol but I only used them the first couple of days. I tended to let them fizz but let them sit there for a bit before I took them so by then they were pretty flat. I was lucky that I didn't have a huge amount of wind pain, but I found peppermint tea helped ease it. Also burping (both ends!) helped to ease the wind pain. How are you getting on otherwise?

Ah! Ok, I must have missed that! Small ass salad it will be!

They gave me the fizzy paracetamol but I only used them the first couple of days. I tended to let them fizz but let them sit there for a bit before I took them so by then they were pretty flat. I was lucky that I didn't have a huge amount of wind pain, but I found peppermint tea helped ease it. Also burping (both ends!) helped to ease the wind pain. How are you getting on otherwise?
Thanks for the info, tried to phone both helplines today, no answer!! Other than the gas pain, I'm ok really, not getting as much nourishment in me, especially yesterday as pain was just to great, but today is a much better day and I'm working on it, once I get rid of the gas, I can focus better on fluids etc. but I'm doing ok. How are you getting on with your intake? x

Thanks for the info, tried to phone both helplines today, no answer!! Other than the gas pain, I'm ok really, not getting as much nourishment in me, especially yesterday as pain was just to great, but today is a much better day and I'm working on it, once I get rid of the gas, I can focus better on fluids etc. but I'm doing ok. How are you getting on with your intake? x

Well that's great! Thank goodness you weren't in dire straights! You don't get in as much as they'd like in the early days simply because you can't. There's just too much swelling. Just take it easy and keep sipping. Right now I'm getting in the 1.5 litres of water in more often than not, but it is a matter of dragging a bloody water bottle around the house 24/7 which is starting to wear on me. I've learned that SlimFast and Complan make me dump, so I avoid them. My hubby got a Nutri Ninja a while back and I am so glad he did because it's done a fantastic job of turning soup into pure liquid, but good Lord above am I sick of soup and runny stuff. I've got me some flavourless protein and have been putting some in each of my 'meals' just to help up my protein numbers.

One thing that I am now having problems with, however, is my iron tablet. It's giving me the trots every morning! :( Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what was the solution?

Well that's great! Thank goodness you weren't in dire straights! You don't get in as much as they'd like in the early days simply because you can't. There's just too much swelling. Just take it easy and keep sipping. Right now I'm getting in the 1.5 litres of water in more often than not, but it is a matter of dragging a bloody water bottle around the house 24/7 which is starting to wear on me. I've learned that SlimFast and Complan make me dump, so I avoid them. My hubby got a Nutri Ninja a while back and I am so glad he did because it's done a fantastic job of turning soup into pure liquid, but good Lord above am I sick of soup and runny stuff. I've got me some flavourless protein and have been putting some in each of my 'meals' just to help up my protein numbers.

One thing that I am now having problems with, however, is my iron tablet. It's giving me the trots every morning! :( Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what was the solution?
I'm finding it trial and error at the moment, not been getting much nourishment in really, but working on it. How much nourishment can you get grin a few spoonfuls of anything really?!

Should you be taking iron tablets yet? Mine says not until 14 days after op? xx

I'm finding it trial and error at the moment, not been getting much nourishment in really, but working on it. How much nourishment can you get grin a few spoonfuls of anything really?!

Should you be taking iron tablets yet? Mine says not until 14 days after op? xx

You can't get much in in just a few spoonfuls, but you can just do your best.

My paperwork said after 1 week regarding all the supplements. Thankfully today I didn't have a problem, so I'm hoping that I've now adjusted to it.

Hi all, hope you're enjoying this lovely, sunny Easter bank holiday weekend!

I'm still ticking along and have now lost 11lbs since surgery on the 10th April. All pain is gone unless I bend or stretch too much and every day I seem to notice a new change in my body or that daily life is becoming easier in terms of movement and stamina. It seems now that surgery is past Richie has calmed down and if anything we seem to be closer than we have in a long while! This morning we went and got a coffee, found a nice viewpoint and sat and sipped and chatted. After that we came home and sat in our summer house and did the same.

My mom and sister went back home today, which, although I was glad to see them, I'm glad about. Mom's memory issues have not improved and I'm going to write to her doctor in the US to state my concerns and I'm going to encourage my sister to do the same. Whether it will do any good or not, I don't know, but it's something. It probably would have been better for them to be here the next two weeks than the previous. In all truth, I didn't really need a huge amount of assistance once I got home apart from any heavy lifting. I was up and about and even cooking meals within a few days of surgery and as long as others cleaned up, it wasn't that bad. I get the feeling that mom wanted to be here as the knight in shining armour and on some level got sulky when she realized that wasn't what I needed.

Anyhow... if you all remember, I had said that my goal was to find a way to get out of my job at the church. My mom was generous enough to pay for me to do the NVQ Level 2 in Nail Services so I can become a nail tech! I'm so excited!

Every day I find myself feeling more excited about life than I have been in such a long time. There's a small spark of the Mandy I used to be starting to make a reappearance. I'm making plans, dreaming dreams and looking so forward to the days to come. Even though I'm still less than two weeks out of surgery, I can already say that this has been the best thing that has ever happened to me!

You can't get much in in just a few spoonfuls, but you can just do your best.

My paperwork said after 1 week regarding all the supplements. Thankfully today I didn't have a problem, so I'm hoping that I've now adjusted to it.
How strange, same hospital, same surgeon different info. I find it madness lol. Pleased for you it's settled down x

I'm still ticking along and have now lost 11lbs since surgery on the 10th April. All pain is gone unless I bend or stretch too much and every day I seem to notice a new change in my body or that daily life is becoming easier in terms of movement and stamina. It seems now that surgery is past Richie has calmed down and if anything we seem to be closer than we have in a long while! This morning we went and got a coffee, found a nice viewpoint and sat and sipped and chatted. After that we came home and sat in our summer house and did the same.

My mom and sister went back home today, which, although I was glad to see them, I'm glad about. Mom's memory issues have not improved and I'm going to write to her doctor in the US to state my concerns and I'm going to encourage my sister to do the same. Whether it will do any good or not, I don't know, but it's something. It probably would have been better for them to be here the next two weeks than the previous. In all truth, I didn't really need a huge amount of assistance once I got home apart from any heavy lifting. I was up and about and even cooking meals within a few days of surgery and as long as others cleaned up, it wasn't that bad. I get the feeling that mom wanted to be here as the knight in shining armour and on some level got sulky when she realized that wasn't what I needed.

Anyhow... if you all remember, I had said that my goal was to find a way to get out of my job at the church. My mom was generous enough to pay for me to do the NVQ Level 2 in Nail Services so I can become a nail tech! I'm so excited!

Every day I find myself feeling more excited about life than I have been in such a long time. There's a small spark of the Mandy I used to be starting to make a reappearance. I'm making plans, dreaming dreams and looking so forward to the days to come. Even though I'm still less than two weeks out of surgery, I can already say that this has been the best thing that has ever happened to me!
This is so lovely to read, you have a whole new healthier, happier future ahead, it can't get much better than that, I'm so happy for you lovely lady :) xx

What a beautiful post, you certainly sound as if your doing incredibly well, I love that your feeling so positive and have already noticed changes, that you feel closer to hubby and that you’ve been able to make rather first move to be a nail technician, I’d love to be your first customer but I’m not allowed to wear anything on my fingernails and I do miss that!.
I hope your letter to mums GP is helpful and some progress is made to help mum, it’s a terribly sad disease
Keep up the fantastic work @OkieGirl im proud of you xxx

Back