• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All booked and now on that road of no return

After watching a few hours on YouTube about make up for the older woman , I have trolled into town to pay superdrug a visit . I am useless at makeup .. My eyeshadow looks like a panda on a good day , seriously ..
My foundation , I discovered in Boots yesterday has always been to light ! A clever girl with a nifty little machine showed me the right colour for me and it's perfect ! It goes on so smoothly and doesn't look caked ..
My skin has changed so much since surgery , it's clearer and healthier with hardly any outbreaks ..
So I've bought some medium priced brushes and a pallet of eyeshadow . So guess what I'm doing later today ? !

Opposite superdrugs is my most favourite coffee house , coffee1# .. If you have one near you then pay it a visit if your a coffee lover . The coffee is superb , strong , and the milk is perfectly stretched ..
I havnt been in since the week after my op I dont think , and I usually try and sit in the same place so I can use my iPad and people watch , while I contemplate the rest of the day .. I have always had to squeeze my rump into a seat , one of those half sedan chairs .. Well today I am in it with room to spare :) :) .. Sitting in this seat has always tipped me forward slightly as my ass isn't sitting in it squarely , like an over stuffed sausage look going on ..
Today , I am right down in it , my legs are under me , my feet flat on the floor instead of stretched out in front of me to keep me balanced .. Now this is an amazing feeling .. I feel normal ....
Reading back on some of my early days of writing in this diary , I can see how desperately unhappy I was at the time , and wondering even then if this surgery would work for me .. And then a couple of months have passed and I'm so upbeat ( more than normal ) and more importantly , I am hopeful for the future . I'm wearing clothes I couldn't fit into a little while ago , that are now feeling very roomy .. My day isn't planned around what I'm going to eat next . I won't be going into sainsburys to grab myself something yummy to eat while I watch TV all afternoon and then hide the wrappers in the bin ..
I think I might go to the cinema actually and watch that new Through the Looking Glass film .. No box of popcorn and a bag of sweets for me though ..
I've just filled up on banana and cinnamon porridge and a small latte :)
So if your reading this , and your having a bad day of doubt and uncertainty , take a step back and regroup .. I'm lucky as I havnt had a bad day as of yet , I havnt lapsed and eaten crap or binged , but I can understand how it can happen ..

One major tip I would give anyone in our situation is this .. Only have positive people in your life . Don't give your precious time and energy to anyone who is a negative Nelly . Not just about your surgery , but everyday life in general .. These people can drag you down and zap all your good vibes , I call them energy vamps and I won't entertain them being around me . You know the kind of people who moan about everything and everyone . They arnt happy about a damn thing and their glass is always half empty . If they won a tenner they would want twenty .. These types are not good for us and will take our upbeat day and drag it down so low we would normally find solace in food .. Positive energy provides a positive day :)
Mindy
Xxxxx

Last edited:
We have a freelander so it's not a small car by any means
I have only just passed my driving test . Yeah I know ! 53 and only just passed , a little late for the party but I got there ! Anyway
I can't drive the damn car because I'm to fat . My thighs touch the wheel along with my belly so I don't feel in full control of the car ..
My arse touches the door when I'm in the passenger seat and makes a constant squeaking noise all the time the car is in motion ..
But now I know that each time I get in the car that squeak is going to get less and less until it is no more !

That entry above is from April 8th
That also has changed .. I can fit comfortably behind the wheel now and when in the passenger seat my thighs no longer touch the door card and make it squeak and squawk ! Seat belt is a lot better to wear when driving also .. :)

Feeling normal and feeling hopeful for the future are both so powerful and that comes across so strongly in your post. I am starting to feel a bit of that too and it's incredible :)

So many positives and in just two months. It's amazing, well done. Creating a diary of the journey is such a wonderful thing to do.

Writing your diary is one of the best things you can do on here .. You can say anything , confess anything and it's so cathartic to let it all out as no one knows you , or judges you on here .. We are all in the same boat , rowing the same way
Feeling positive is so important isn't it .. I bought a size 20 jumpsuit from Asda today . I know it won't fit but it will one day soon , but I'm not ready to try it in yet as I don't want any negative feeling even if it does come from me .. A couple of stone more maybe and then I will try it on .. I started off wearing size 28 so I know I've a way to go yet ..

Weigh in day tomorrow ! I'd like 2lbs off ..
When I had my op I wanted an average of 2lbs a week so I would be in the 19st bracket for when I go to Malta in October .. So 2lb a week is all I'm looking for. , and anything else is a major bonus !

This morning I have lost another 2lb :):) .. So that takes me 4lb away from 4 stone loss .. Wowsers !
If I lose another 2lb a week for the next 18 weeks ( that's when my holiday is ) I will have lost a staggering 88lb ! So fingers crossed ..

Didn't have the usual cooked breakfast this morning as my band feels a little, something , can't put my finger on it , it's not tight , but I know I wouldn't be able to tackle a cooked breakfast .. So I'm having a another bowl of porridge with banana and cinnamon , it delicious and very filling .. I'm even struggling with that this morning so will just eat it very slowly and enjoy it more .. It's such a beautiful day here , I'm not sure what the weather men are on about when they warn of heavy rain in the south ? We could do with some rain though as I noticed the edges of the lawn and garden are beginning to crack .

Yay, well done Mindy!
Hopefully the discomfort is temporary and you'll also be out enjoying the sunshine.

Thank you !
I've read online that the band can swell when the weather is warm , something to do with retaining water I guess .. It's all good ..

Your consistent success on the scales is super. 88lbs down by October, 6st 4lbs - amazing and totally doable with your positive mindset! Well done!

Yay another great result :)
Is it still dry down there tho? My Facebook is currently full of pictures of epic rain showers :)

Totally dry . No clouds at all .. Have no idea what on earth the weather men are going on about ! Not in this area anyway ..

Back