• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All booked and now on that road of no return

It's so good to hear from you Mindy, you have been missed, I can only admire your honesty about those Christmas demons and I so relate to it, I'm still not my pre Christmas weight and I only put on 2.5kg in total, you've really done well to get back on track and lose the extra pounds so soon, little derailing episode over, and yes a bloody good question why oh why do we do the whole reward with food thing, it's bloody ridiculous and we know it is. Good to have you back lovely x

Well done Mindy for getting back on track and losing what you had put on. Our heads are still the same and it needs work and constant mindfullness to keep us on the straight and narrow!

Well done for getting back on track and losing the weight you put on, that's such a challenge, my stumbling block so far has been keeping on the straight and narrow for birthdays - have had 2 in the last couple of months and it's so not easy getting back on track so well done you.

Good Monday morning lovelies !
An early home way in , usually weigh on Wednesday, saw my scales at 18st 6lbs ! Which makes me the magical 100lbs loss ! I'm hoping my long plateau has at last broken ..
Seriously feeling the cold this winter .. can't seem to get warm most days .. and I don't have a bath I can have a soak in either .. And the hot tub is permanently out of order now :( .. I'm looking ok,e a proper oap on my scooter now as I have to put a blanket across my knees rofll !
Just a side affect of losing insulation I guess .. But a brilliant excuse to wrap up in some fabulous jumpers :)
Because I drink a lot of lattes I bought myself a proper a bean to coffee machine from my catalogue .. lot of money but I use it a lot and I find I'm actually having a cup of milky coffee instead of snacking or eating a big meal .. which I think is a good thing for me .. As a addictive personality I do get addictions very easily and lattes are my addiction at this time ..
Kind of like the milk diet I guess hmmm
The last few weeks have seen a lot of action indoors , no ! Get your minds out of the gutter ! Hahahaha !
I've managed to put a rocket up hubby's ass and we have been decorating like demons . Kitchen , hall , bathroom and yesterday even painted the bedroom ! So lots of activity which is another change in me .. much more energy and pep :)

What changes have weight loss meant for you ?
My list is endless , mostly vain to be honest .. being able to walk into a high street shop and buy off the rack is awesome and I constantly get a kick from doing it .. even Tesco and Sainsbury's clothing ! Love this new part of weight loss .. still wearing a size 20 in tops but they are roomy now so maybe 18s are right round the corner ..
Bra size has dropped from 44e to 40dd ... boobs are still big but deff not as firm but they look great in a good bra :)
Will post an updated pic as soon as I can .. Not of my boobs though hahahaha !
Have a wonderful day and more wonderful week
Mindy
Xxxxxxx

Hi Mindy, it's always great to hear from you :) Well done on hitting 100lbs lost! x

Great hearing from you Mindy and sounding like your old self to boot. Well done on losing a 100lb!

Last edited:
Congratulations on losing 100lb that is fantastic :thankyouthankyou:and as always a lovely post, like you my guilty pleasure is buying clothes and it's great to be able to buy smaller x

Awww cheers girls ! Xxxxx

Wow hun 100lbs is an amazing loss. You should be incredibly proud of yourself.

I love lattes...will be making some on the milk diet when I do it presuming I can gave coffee on it? Do you know?

Xxxx

Hi Lottie .. I would have thought so ? Double check wit your team .. I did t do the milk diet , mine was chicken and greens ..
Xxxx

Just catching up on your diary you've done so so well even with the demons of Christmas past! Well done on the 100lb loss! X x

100lbs...awesome

Hi girls .. I'm so sorry .. yep I'm absolutely fine .. fighting demons though at the moment .. old eating habits don't disappear do they ? It's a constant fight with myself it seems and not losing a decent weight since mid December doesn't help ..
that little voice inside the head starts like it did when dieting .. " your not losing weight so why bother " .. believe me though I am fighting , not put any on but not losing either .. to be honest I think I would be happy being this size 18/20 , I feel good .. but my damn knees wow ! My doc told me I need to be within the NHS weight limit bmi of 35 .. so all I need is another 3st off and I'm good to go .. seeing how much I've lost already , 3st should in theory be easy ? I know I will get there , I have faith , but it is hard going at times ..

On a good note , my daughter had her consultation at the Spire this evening .. her bmi is 56 and he thinks she should have a mini bypass with an added ring called a Fobi ring .. He was lovely and put her at ease , she was so tense and embarrassed bless her .. she burst into tears a few times and I can see how deeply unhappy she actually is .. it was heartbreaking to be honest .. to sit and watch your baby tear herself apart is so awful .. So now hubby and I will approach the bank next week and try to get funding in place for her so she can have a chance to live a decent life ..
So all in all it's been busy since Xmas .. just sometimes I have to regroup if that makes sense .. I need to help her as much as I can ..
I've also been decorating like a demon ! My bedroom painted , hallway papered and new carpet ( I hung all the paper ) ..
Painted all the drab pine furniture in my bedroom a lovely antique white with new black metal handles .. now , this Sunday I'm heading into the box room where our wardrobes are , and dunking that all out and painting and new carpet .. then into my daughter old bedroom to totally gut , paper and paint so it's ready for her to come home for the 2 weeks after her op .. Hoping having all this to focus on will knock all the foods thoughts out of my head ..
I hope your all doing well ?
So many posts and new members which is brilliant !

I'm going to need lots of advice when it comes to my daughter I'm sure as I have no idea about this op she's going to have .. Will update as soon as I know the funding is in place .. hoping the bank is going to be kind !
Hugs all
Xxxxx

Hi girls .. I'm so sorry .. yep I'm absolutely fine .. fighting demons though at the moment .. old eating habits don't disappear do they ? It's a constant fight with myself it seems and not losing a decent weight since mid December doesn't help ..
that little voice inside the head starts like it did when dieting .. " your not losing weight so why bother " .. believe me though I am fighting , not put any on but not losing either .. to be honest I think I would be happy being this size 18/20 , I feel good .. but my damn knees wow ! My doc told me I need to be within the NHS weight limit bmi of 35 .. so all I need is another 3st off and I'm good to go .. seeing how much I've lost already , 3st should in theory be easy ? I know I will get there , I have faith , but it is hard going at times ..

On a good note , my daughter had her consultation at the Spire this evening .. her bmi is 56 and he thinks she should have a mini bypass with an added ring called a Fobi ring .. He was lovely and put her at ease , she was so tense and embarrassed bless her .. she burst into tears a few times and I can see how deeply unhappy she actually is .. it was heartbreaking to be honest .. to sit and watch your baby tear herself apart is so awful .. So now hubby and I will approach the bank next week and try to get funding in place for her so she can have a chance to live a decent life ..
So all in all it's been busy since Xmas .. just sometimes I have to regroup if that makes sense .. I need to help her as much as I can ..
I've also been decorating like a demon ! My bedroom painted , hallway papered and new carpet ( I hung all the paper ) ..
Painted all the drab pine furniture in my bedroom a lovely antique white with new black metal handles .. now , this Sunday I'm heading into the box room where our wardrobes are , and dunking that all out and painting and new carpet .. then into my daughter old bedroom to totally gut , paper and paint so it's ready for her to come home for the 2 weeks after her op .. Hoping having all this to focus on will knock all the foods thoughts out of my head ..
I hope your all doing well ?
So many posts and new members which is brilliant !

I'm going to need lots of advice when it comes to my daughter I'm sure as I have no idea about this op she's going to have .. Will update as soon as I know the funding is in place .. hoping the bank is going to be kind !
Hugs all
Xxxxx
Lovely to hear from you Mindy you have been missed, I'm so sorry your fighting those demons at the moment and I wish I had answers for you, I've struggled since Christmas too so I do understand I just don't have answers, it really positive that you haven't gained and I know you'll fight those pesky demons and you'll come through the other side with more determination than ever before and you'll be back on track to get those knees replaced and then you'll be able to take those lovely cycle rides you've spoken about.
I absolutely understand how your family have to come first and I know, from my own experience that at times supporting them can be challenging and emotionally draining, I have 3 grown up children, who still need me at varying different degrees, and 8 (9 in about 4 weeks) grandchildren. It must have been so difficult for you to see your daughter so upset and I think what your doing is so kind, I'm sure she is going to be eternally grateful to you both, it's really good that she is going to be getting her life back, I have heard of the Fobi ring but haven't researched it yet, it goes without saying that you'll get plenty of advice and support from here.
You certainly have been busy, I love decorating and find it really therapeutic although I don't really get the time to do much, I have to say I'm very jealous that you can hang paper, it's the one thing I have always avoided although with all the tutorials available on you tube I may just bite the bullet one of these days and give it a go.
Take care lovely :hugs:

Back