• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And so it begins...Kirsty's journey to a sleeve!!

So had my weigh in today and iv lost 1lb. Its not much but im happy with it. 4 more lb to go need to have a healthy christmas. Kirsty xx
Every pound off represents the hard slog it takes to shift weight. You are quite right to be pleased with that. Thinking of you xx

Good job on the loss! Still going the right way. This time of year too its a miracle. you're doing much better than i am i think.

Good job on the loss! Still going the right way. This time of year too its a miracle. you're doing much better than i am i think.

Ah thanks you. Im not doin that gd still beem havin a few cheats. This weeks im being extra good as its my last full week before xmas to get a good weight loss an as my appointment with the surgeon is the week after xmas i need to try b careful. I want to enjoy my xmas but not at the expense of my surgery. Hows things going for you xx

Big pat on back! A pound is a fab Hun and it's a step in the right direction. It's so hard to lose without a tool to help you. This time next year you will be looking hot in your LBD!!

I keep staying the same and it's soul destroying. I've been stuck at 12 stone 10 for weeks. Still over the moon though :)

My next appointment isnt until april so i have to confess i have been pretty slack when it comes to trying to diet. I have been trying to put other things into practice though. drinking more water, eating slower, trying to stop eating when im full rather than carry on eating until the plate is cleared.
My sister made Spaghetti bolognese for us the other night and she thought i didnt like it because i had left a load of it on my plate lol it just proved to me how much less i could actually have and still feel full.

Last edited:
I think i might cancel my appointment for the 30th cuz i av put some weight on an its only gna get worse this week with xmas dinner, wine, and god knows what else. Iv also had severe pain in knees an hips due to my arthritis. Iv actually now got a stick to help when walkin. Im 28 this is rediculous. Iv been on strong pain meds that have really knocked me about so iv been sleepin all day while the kids av been at school so burnin no calories an when i am up an about i do very little due to the pain. So feel like iv jus been eatin then sittin around. Iv had loads of weight waters meals an healthy options but also had some bad meals an a take away. But the bad food even jus a little jus piles the pounds on. Im so worried the surgeon will say i cant sign consent until lose weight an give me a big tellin off. I think if i cancel till end of jan it will give me some time to sort myself out and not have the surgeon see my failure an think im not committed to my surgery. I really am but iv jus had the toughest month.

Kirsty xx

I think i might cancel my appointment for the 30th cuz i av put some weight on an its only gna get worse this week with xmas dinner, wine, and god knows what else. Iv also had severe pain in knees an hips due to my arthritis. Iv actually now got a stick to help when walkin. Im 28 this is rediculous. Iv been on strong pain meds that have really knocked me about so iv been sleepin all day while the kids av been at school so burnin no calories an when i am up an about i do very little due to the pain. So feel like iv jus been eatin then sittin around. Iv had loads of weight waters meals an healthy options but also had some bad meals an a take away. But the bad food even jus a little jus piles the pounds on. Im so worried the surgeon will say i cant sign consent until lose weight an give me a big tellin off. I think if i cancel till end of jan it will give me some time to sort myself out and not have the surgeon see my failure an think im not committed to my surgery. I really am but iv jus had the toughest month.

Kirsty xx

Sounds like self sabotage. Meet anyway you have ten days to bring yourself back up... If the worst thing he can say is no... Let him say it. We will never be perfect.

10 days aint no good when xmas is in the middle of it lol. Id b gutted if he said no. Its not worth the risk. Gna call hospital tomorrow an see what they think x

Thanks x

Hope it goes ok today rescheduling. Have a lovely Christmas and don't be too hard on yourself xxx

Well i call hospital an the explained to the receptionist that i have been immobile recently an have gained some weight and im terrified about goin to appointment and gettin turned away so she wrote it all down explained it all to my surgeon an he said still wants me to go in next wednesday an sign the consent forms cuz he wants to get them out the way an he said he not bothered about the weight gain they are confident i will lose it after xmas based on what i have previoisly lost. Iv already lost 2lb and after 4 days of laxatives iv finally had a good clear put today so hopefully that will show on the scales. Iv been super good as well last few days so im gna weigh myself tomorrow a day early cuz i aint gna av time xmas mornin with 4 excited kids. Such a relief to know i can still go an sign my consent fors 1 week today. Great xmas present.

Thanks to u all for your support the last month has been very tough for me health wise.

Kirsty xx

GOOD NEWS!!

Iv done my weekly weigh in a day early with tomorrow bein xmas an iv los 5LB!! I cant believe it. All that worrying an callin surgeon an now im only 2lb up from my last appoint. If i go in lighter than i told them on phone they will b pleased with me im sure. Iv been extra gd last few days an finally managed to go toilet yesterday hadnt been for over a week. Im really pleased with my loss. Im gna enjoy my xmas dinner tomorrow not eat n drink too much thn back to diet boxing day. Seeing surgeon to sign consent forms on wednesday. Woo hoo i cant wait xxx

Merry christmas for tomorrow everyone hope you and your families have a wonderful day.

Kirsty xxxx

GOOD NEWS!! Iv done my weekly weigh in a day early with tomorrow bein xmas an iv los 5LB!! I cant believe it. All that worrying an callin surgeon an now im only 2lb up from my last appoint. If i go in lighter than i told them on phone they will b pleased with me im sure. Iv been extra gd last few days an finally managed to go toilet yesterday hadnt been for over a week. Im really pleased with my loss. Im gna enjoy my xmas dinner tomorrow not eat n drink too much thn back to diet boxing day. Seeing surgeon to sign consent forms on wednesday. Woo hoo i cant wait xxx Merry christmas for tomorrow everyone hope you and your families have a wonderful day. Kirsty xxxx

What a great result and a fab Xmas pressie. Hang in there and enjoy tomorrow xxxx

Thanks deb.

Today has been amazing, the kids have had plenty of presents an they love them all. Even me an the hubby had a few treats. I made xmas dinner an i didnt over eat. I did a normal size plate not a big one like i would usually have and u didnt finish it all. Had puddin about 4 hours later an didnt manage to finish that either. Iv not actually eaten that bad or that much today
I have to hold my hands up tho i haf my fair share of wine. Bak in diet tomorrow porridge for breki n a weight watcherd meal for dinner an tea. I am goin to my moms tomorrow night for nibbles an food but im gna stay sensible. Pretty much 4days till i sign consent forms i cant wait.

Hope everyone has had a lovely christmas im off to sleep now need some energy to go for a walk tomorrow an work off all the wine haha

Kirsty xx

Jus a few days till i see surgeon to sign consent forms now. Im actually looking forward to it not iv lost 6lb over xmas week. I had gained 7lb since my last appointment paniced an called surgeon tellin them i had gained an he didnt care. Least now when i go wi will have lost 6lb since i spoke to him last week.

As far as im aware once i sign the consent forms i am put onto the list for surgery. While im waiting for a date i will see anesatist an have pre op. As long as everythin goes to plan surgery should b in about 8 weeks time.

Hope everyone is well will update wednesday when i have been to see surgeon.

Kirsty xx

I remember that part of my journey well. I cried in the way home - I think it was relief. Good luck for Wednesday. I will be thinking of you xx

I remember that part of my journey well. I cried in the way home - I think it was relief. Good luck for Wednesday. I will be thinking of you xx

What can i expext on wednesday thn debs?? Xx

If my appointment was anything to go by expect a long wait where you go crazy wondering. Then the obligatory standing in the scales. Into the doctors room with a nurse being present. Quick review of weight and your understanding of the process and what process you think you'd prefer. Sign a form and said next thing is pre op. Leave the room and think - wow - a long wait for a super quick and straightforward 3 minute appointment! X

What can i expext on wednesday thn debs?? Xx

Also maybe you should expect to sign things that haven't really happened yet but will do before the actual surgery. And remember that there's a little box underneath that allows you to withdraw your consent at any point after you've signed it. Best to go prepared with questions. And. Maybe consider asking about complication rates for your particular surgeon.

I think I did 30 minutes filling in a questionnaire, and signing forms then talking through medical history and dieting history with surgeon. Had a longer slot with nurse taking details before hand. Good luck - let us know how it goes.

Back