• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And so it begins...Kirsty's journey to a sleeve!!

Thanks for the advice deb n marz.

Well today is the day. Meet the surgeon an sign consent. Iv been worried about weight cuz i had gained half a stone since my last appointment but it jus used my scales an i get myself the same weight as my last appointment so that 7lb has gone. Been tough to lose 6lb over xmas tho. Will update later. Wish me luck.

Kirsty xx

Well my appointment couldnt have gone better. My weight is the same so surgeon was happy with that. He agrees with my decision for the sleeve. I have signed consent forms to have the sleeve. I have to wait for a letter in post for appointment with mr yousef the anesatist. They said i will see him b4 the end of jan an after that get my surgery date. Hoping for surgery within 8 weeks so about end of feb/march. I cant believe i am now ready for surgery this journey has been really quick since my first appointment im so happy and excited that i will soon b on the losers bench and on the way to a happy, healthy and hopefully skinny life. Will let u know when my appointment date comes through. Jus just gotta maintain my weight now.

Kirsty xx

Well done! Sounds like you're on the road. Don't just maintain, keep up the loss. Embrace it as a way of life...

Well done! Sounds like you're on the road. Don't just maintain, keep up the loss. Embrace it as a way of life...

I will lose if i can but more important not to gain. Gna take a day or two off thn carry on. It is a way of life for me now an i am very commited. It wont b long now. X

So pleased. Have 1-2 days and then as you say get back on. Trying to get used to not eating and drinking and avoiding fizzy drinks is a great use of the time. Please it's gone so well. Hugs xx

So pleased. Have 1-2 days and then as you say get back on. Trying to get used to not eating and drinking and avoiding fizzy drinks is a great use of the time. Please it's gone so well. Hugs xx

Hi debs thank you. Like u saw gna av today an tomorrow off then back to it. I already dont have fizzy pop. Need to try drink more water tho an get used to sipping. Can u av water with fresh fruit in post of? Manor are very fast will an there has been no messing about an iv literally sailed through all my appointments. Do u remember if mr yousif an pre of are 2 seperate appointments or done together. Im hopin for surger end of feb if all goes well

Question to everyone what did u tell families. I dont wanna tell anyone what im having done but will have to tell them im having some kind of op cuz my 3 children will surely blab mommy is in hospital bless em.

Kirsty xz

My pre op and appointment with Dr Yousef was all done on same day. The Nurses did the pre op and the session with the doc was about 15 mins. He chatted about what tablets I was taking. He wrote a prescription for clexane for me to inject myself the day before my operation. He is super nice :)

My pre op and appointment with Dr Yousef was all done on same day. The Nurses did the pre op and the session with the doc was about 15 mins. He chatted about what tablets I was taking. He wrote a prescription for clexane for me to inject myself the day before my operation. He is super nice :)

Ah thats good to know i thought it was all seperate. So iv really only got 1 appointment then the next is surgery. Thats made me even more excited. Thanks debs.

Kirsty xx

Ah thats good to know i thought it was all seperate. So iv really only got 1 appointment then the next is surgery. Thats made me even more excited. Thanks debs. Kirsty xx

Well hopefully you will get the same double appointment as I did X

Hey Kirsty! I havent been online over christmas, it was so busy here with some of my family staying that i didnt really get the chance.. IM SO HAPPY to read that you didnt cancel your appointment. It would have set you back and that is the last thing you'd want at the stage you're at, i think! Still going to it showed that you really are serious about making a change and sometimes that means accepting the bad with the good. BUT!! Turns out there was no bad. you did an AMAZING job to lose weight over christmas. That must have been so hard. I'd be feeling really proud of myself if i were you :) You're nearly there, keep it up! I bet it will come around so fast now :D Xx

Hey Kirsty! I havent been online over christmas, it was so busy here with some of my family staying that i didnt really get the chance.. IM SO HAPPY to read that you didnt cancel your appointment. It would have set you back and that is the last thing you'd want at the stage you're at, i think! Still going to it showed that you really are serious about making a change and sometimes that means accepting the bad with the good. BUT!! Turns out there was no bad. you did an AMAZING job to lose weight over christmas. That must have been so hard. I'd be feeling really proud of myself if i were you :) You're nearly there, keep it up! I bet it will come around so fast now :D Xx

Hi victoria hope u had a good xmas an new year. Yh i surprised myself losing so much over xmas but i was very strict. It was worth it tho when i stepped on those scale an was where i needed to b i felt such a relief. I think i only have one appointment this month thn surgery feb/ march. Its gna b here before i know it. How are you getting on.

Kirsty xx

Im doing okay.. Quitting drinking diet coke has been the hardest for me right now. lol I have read that after you have a bypass (which is what im hoping for) you shouldnt drink any carbonated drinks at all and thats gonna be really hard for me. Its not about the sugary stuff, i like the FIZZ. even when its sparkling water. So trying to quit drinking those is tough but its a must, i guess. I know i can do it because i used to drink nothing but water.. its just getting into that habit again which is tough.

Im doing okay.. Quitting drinking diet coke has been the hardest for me right now. lol I have read that after you have a bypass (which is what im hoping for) you shouldnt drink any carbonated drinks at all and thats gonna be really hard for me. Its not about the sugary stuff, i like the FIZZ. even when its sparkling water. So trying to quit drinking those is tough but its a must, i guess. I know i can do it because i used to drink nothing but water.. its just getting into that habit again which is tough.

Victoria I can total relate to the Fizz addiction I drank nothing but Pepsi Max pre op and I mean nothing, and I have seen lots of conversation's on her confirming we weren't alone.
It was a one of the hardest changes to make but you'll find an alternative, mine is NAS Ribena weakly diluted as the normal mixture tastes to sugary and nasty, or my new addiction Lipton Ice Tea, plain water became very old very quickly.

I would recommend making the change as soon as you can pre op, getting into good routines and habits will help you so much once the magic day arrives. Lots of Luck.

Its always hard to break your habbits. Luckily for me i done like fizzy pop anyway but i love wine. The no alcohol for 12 months will b hard but its all worth it for what we get in return. Im having the sleeve an also cant av fizzy pop after that. I only drink nas squash or water anyway with the odd coffee my main problem is that i dont drink enough so i need to learn to sip sip sip lol.

Kirsty xx

UPDATE!!

So i got a call from the hospital today an they gave me some appointments. My pre op an anesatist was supposed to b done together but iv been given 26th feb for my pre op an 8th march to see anesatist. Im over the moon to have appointment dates jus a lil sad as i was told it was one appointment an it would be in january. But never mind. She said i am on the list for surgery so u have passed all their stages an they all agreed in the mdt that im good to go. I have been told that once i have had appointment 8th march i will thn get given a date for surgery which will b about 4 weeks after so im lookin early april for surgery.
This is all great news an in a way im a little glad i have a few months to prepare for this life changing op. All i have to do is maintain my weight from now till then.

Kirsty xx

So happy for you Kirsty. April is a lovely month and you will have all of the summer to recover from the op and enjoy the new you!!

Xxx

Brilliant news Kirsty, all that hard work was worth it, won't be long until April and your journey to a new you. Well deserved be x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Thanks ladies.

Weekly weigh in today lost 2lb

Kirsty xx

Back