• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And so it begins...Kirsty's journey to a sleeve!!

YAY! Thats great :D April will come around so quick when you think its already January 13th! time really does fly so it will be here before you know it.
Congratulations on the weight loss too. You're doing great!
I have some news for you too!! I remember reading here on your thread that you'd like to go swimming because it would be good for your joints but you wouldnt feel comfortable in a swimming costume.. i have the same issue so i emailed a few swimming baths round by me and they have all said that if i would prefer i could swimin leggings and a T Shirt and that it wouldnt be an issue.. just in case you were still interested in trying swimming :)

YAY! Thats great :D April will come around so quick when you think its already January 13th! time really does fly so it will be here before you know it.
Congratulations on the weight loss too. You're doing great!
I have some news for you too!! I remember reading here on your thread that you'd like to go swimming because it would be good for your joints but you wouldnt feel comfortable in a swimming costume.. i have the same issue so i emailed a few swimming baths round by me and they have all said that if i would prefer i could swimin leggings and a T Shirt and that it wouldnt be an issue.. just in case you were still interested in trying swimming :)

There are whole body swimsuits too if you'd be more comfortable, made of lycra.

haha oh god no! They might cover you but man they would show all my lumps and bumps.. with a t shirt i'd feel way less on show. lol i wont ever wear anything clingy im way too self conscious for that. Leggings is a push for me personally but i think it would be too hard to swim in normal trousers lol

Weighed myself today 3lb gain in 2 weeks. Gotta get bak in the zone. Next appointment 26th feb.

Kirsty xx

Good luck! im finding it so hard to be in the zone myself at the moment too.. I know it always sounds like an excuse but i still live at home... my family is really close so my sisters and their kids are here every day too. We all have a problem with our weight, not so much the kids but all the adults.. and while im trying to eat more healthy they are very much NOT. so temptation is everywhere every day. I know its not up to them and they shouldnt have to go without for my sake but it does seem to make everything that much harder :(

Yes it does make it much harder. I have children too and have to cook / bake for them and they have some nice treats ....

Hiya everyone hope your all doing well havent been online for a while been busy. Our boiler broke last monday so we have gone 8 days with no heating. Its being sorted tomorrow hopefully. My 4 year old daughter had eye surgery yesterday but thankfully she has been great an made a great recovery shes amazing and so brave. Iv not been on a diet as such lately jus been sensible. I have jus over 3 weeks till my pre op an then my anesatist about a week after that thn get date. It think will av surgery early april so will b starting milk diet mid to end of march. I havent really thought about it lately as iv been so busy with other things. Its been nice not having my op be the main focus in my life. I think its cuz i know its happening and soon iv relaxed about it all now. I will weigh myself this firday an update u all. Im expecting to have to lose a few pounds to get bak down to my target.

Kirsty xx

9 days till my pre op cant wait to get my surgery day hope your all well havent been online much lately xx

9 days till my pre op cant wait to get my surgery day hope your all well havent been online much lately xx

Keeping your place on the losers bench. Xx

Glad everything's running smooth for you :)

I've now seen mr kendrick who's given the go ahead and has made an appt for what he guessed to be 6 months post op at November! booked in for my group session in April n have another appt April ( not sure who to see )

Glad everything's running smooth for you :)

I've now seen mr kendrick who's given the go ahead and has made an appt for what he guessed to be 6 months post op at November! booked in for my group session in April n have another appt April ( not sure who to see )

I had my pre op yesterday was a standard pre op for all operation. Had weight checked, blood pressure, ecg, urine test, blood test and mrsa swabs in nose and groin. I am seeing Dr yousef the 8th march so a week tuesday an after him i get my date for surgery. Its tought waiting between appointments but its worth it. I first saw the team mid september an have been told to expect op mid may so about 8 months in total but they told me 6-8 months at the start an have had a lot of cancellations over the winter so playin catch up. Im jus excited to get on that losers bench. Good luck with your journey and keep me posted. Id say u can expect surgery about june if u run on a similar time scale to me. At first i was so eager for everythin to happen but now iv got the ok off people im more relaxed and willing to wait for my date an not stress.

Kirsty xx

Cant believe that in 1 week i will have had my final appointment and the next time i go to hospital will be for surgery. Im so excited and nervous for my appointment with the anesatist. I dont see any reason he wud say no an the nurse at pre op said i should b fine but she said he has been known to say no so still put some doubt in my mind but im sure it will b fine. Every time an appointment gets near im scared i will b turned away an told no but they always go so well an i end up thinkin why was i worried lol. I will find out what pre op diet i have to do an how long for when i go tuesday. Im hopin to do the milk diet as iv tried this b4 so know what to expect. Will update tuesday after iv been hospital.

Kirsty xx

Good luck for your appointment on Tuesday. Mr Yousaff is really lovely. Very thoughtful and good humour. Doesn't rush, and explains everything and anything carefully. He gave a prescription for a blood thinning drug - clexane - which he had me self administer the night before my operation. He also told me which of my existing tables to pause on before the op. He was truly lovely and j am sure you will be very reassured by him. Take care xx

Thanks everyone. An thank you debs thats very reassuring i cant wait to see him on tuesday cant believe im here now ready to have surgery. How are you doing now. Are u bak at manor any time soon xx

Last edited:
Tomorrow at 9am i am going to the hospital for what i hope an believe is my last appointment before surgery an hopefully by this time next week i will have a date for surgery. And then its really gna b real. Will update tomorrow. Hope everyone is well.

Kirsty xx

Back