• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And so it begins...Kirsty's journey to a sleeve!!

Would be really good if we got our ops around the same time what would be the odds of your op been canceled just think positive but I get what your saying 3 weeks is long enough without doing it longer malnutrition was one of my worries and I brought it up with the nurse she said aslong as I do as I'm told and do it right I will be fine it's people who don't follow things right that it goes that way Im
Happy with that but will bring it up with surgeon at my next appointment just put my mind at rest a bit more xx

Would be great to av ops together but i think your a few months ahead of me im expecting surgery feb-march time. Well i hope its not cancelled but i know if the beds are needed that the bariatric patients get pushed back as its an elective surgery. I need to lose about 8 stone and im wondering if the sleeve will be able to help me achieve that like you tho im going to speak to surgeon about it.
yh 3 weeks is long i thought it would b 2 weeks but they told me a minimum of a week. Its so amazing the changes this is going to bring us.

Kirsty xx

Would be great to av ops together but i think your a few months ahead of me im expecting surgery feb-march time. Well i hope its not cancelled but i know if the beds are needed that the bariatric patients get pushed back as its an elective surgery. I need to lose about 8 stone and im wondering if the sleeve will be able to help me achieve that like you tho im going to speak to surgeon about it. yh 3 weeks is long i thought it would b 2 weeks but they told me a minimum of a week. Its so amazing the changes this is going to bring us. Kirsty xx

You never know you might get it earlier than you expect you could always hope I honestly never thought mine was coming round so quick I never prepared myself for it to be so soon I would love to loose 7 stone if the sleeve isn't much different to bypass in terms of weight loss it's possible for you to loose the 8 stone I can feel a difference in myself with the weight lost up to now so can't wait to feel the difference after op I can never picture myself been slim I actually find it hard to Believe lol xx

You never know you might get it earlier than you expect you could always hope I honestly never thought mine was coming round so quick I never prepared myself for it to be so soon I would love to loose 7 stone if the sleeve isn't much different to bypass in terms of weight loss it's possible for you to loose the 8 stone I can feel a difference in myself with the weight lost up to now so can't wait to feel the difference after op I can never picture myself been slim I actually find it hard to Believe lol xx

Docs said with sleeve should lose minimum of 5 stone which woild still b amazing. I know what u mean about not being able to picture your self skinny. Me neither. I find myself looking at actresses when i watch tv an think could i b that size could i wear those clothes its mad lol. I jus find it so hard to believe that i might actually b normal and no long the fat friend haha my best mate is a size 6 its funny and i hate being bigger than my husband.

Kirsty xx

Docs said with sleeve should lose minimum of 5 stone which woild still b amazing. I know what u mean about not being able to picture your self skinny. Me neither. I find myself looking at actresses when i watch tv an think could i b that size could i wear those clothes its mad lol. I jus find it so hard to believe that i might actually b normal and no long the fat friend haha my best mate is a size 6 its funny and i hate being bigger than my husband. Kirsty xx

5 stone is still great I wouldn't know what skinny feels like lol I already have an outfit in mind for when I get enough weight off I think of silly little things that I will be able to do I'm bigger than my husband and I hate it he's taller than me so when I loose weight I will actually feel small standing beside him xx

Jus been for a good walk around the park with the kids hopefully that will help loosen some of those extra pounds to get me closer to my weight loss targe. Nice family times as well

Found you!!! Good to read your story honey. I wish I had sought surgery at 27 and enjoyed a fuller life. As it I am 48 and mourning that lost time. Good luck. It's going quicker that we thought which is ace x

Found you!!! Good to read your story honey. I wish I had sought surgery at 27 and enjoyed a fuller life. As it I am 48 and mourning that lost time. Good luck. It's going quicker that we thought which is ace x

Yeyyy here i am lol. 48 is still a great ages hun theres so much you can still do and losing the weight u will feel more like 28 haha
it really does seem to moving quicker than originally thought. Im so bloody excited to be post op tho cant come soon enough

Kirsty xx

Well iv managed to increase my fluid intake from nothing to 2 litres a day this week which im very proud of as i usually only manage 1 cup a day. Lets hope it reflects when i get on the scales for my weekly weigh in tomorrow.

Very good Kirsty small things make a big difference let me know how the weigh in goes xx

Im hoping its good news on the scales iv worked so hard this week. Will update in the morning xx

Keeps you going when you see a difference in the scales I was weighing myself everyday I was obsessed but kept me going seeing my weight drop daily now I'm well past my target I weigh myself a lot less now lol and good luck hope you've a had a great loss xx

Well iv lost 2lb which is good. I was hoping for a little more as iv not cheated once didnt even have a sunday dinner as was worried would spoil all my hard work. Any loss is good tho. Just another 12lb to go. I will be changing my weighing days to friday as of this week as my hospital appointments are all on fridays.

Kirsty xx

Hiya, iv got 5 weeks 4 days till my target date so gna need to get a loss every week to stand any chance of hitting target. I was supposed to have 4 months to hit target but changed to 8 weeks cuz my next appointment is a lot earlier than expexted.
the diet isnt really any plan jus listened to my dietician she didnt want me to go on a diet wanted me to change my habbits instead. Iv had to cut out cheese and sugar as i always have too much and cant av only a bit so stopped all together, increase fluid intake which i have, cut portion sizes, eat 3 meals a day and make healthier choices. I eat a lot of grilled chicken, salad, tuna, special k or weetabix, no alcohol, i have to force myself to eat dinner cuz i always used to skip it and have a massive tea but i find by having 3 small meals im finding it easier to listen to my body when im full.
have you got any tips for me as your way past your target weight, only thing i dont do much is exercise due to the pain im in.

Kirsty xx

Well done Kirsty on your weekly loss. My average loss since my operation works out at 2lbs a week only so you're loss is good. Everything crossed x

Thanks debs xx

Hiya, iv got 5 weeks 4 days till my target date so gna need to get a loss every week to stand any chance of hitting target. I was supposed to have 4 months to hit target but changed to 8 weeks cuz my next appointment is a lot earlier than expexted. the diet isnt really any plan jus listened to my dietician she didnt want me to go on a diet wanted me to change my habbits instead. Iv had to cut out cheese and sugar as i always have too much and cant av only a bit so stopped all together, increase fluid intake which i have, cut portion sizes, eat 3 meals a day and make healthier choices. I eat a lot of grilled chicken, salad, tuna, special k or weetabix, no alcohol, i have to force myself to eat dinner cuz i always used to skip it and have a massive tea but i find by having 3 small meals im finding it easier to listen to my body when im full. have you got any tips for me as your way past your target weight, only thing i dont do much is exercise due to the pain im in. Kirsty xx

Sounds like your making the right choices 2lb a week is a great loss my biggest downfall was fizzy pop I don't drink it at all now if i fancy it I drink fizzy flavoured water keeps my sweet tooth away lol I don't do a lot of exercise as I have prolapsed discs in my back they give me 3 months to hit my weight loss target but in that 3 months It was my wedding anniversary my birthday and husbands birthday and then went to Spain for 2 weeks so when I got back I wasn't left with much time to hit my target so I done a low calorie diet which worked well I was loosing 1lb a day nearly 2 if I tried really hard once I knew I was at my target I started a more healthier eating plan and kept loosing just not as much now I'm now trying to maintain don't know how that's going to go lol xx

Sounds like your making the right choices 2lb a week is a great loss my biggest downfall was fizzy pop I don't drink it at all now if i fancy it I drink fizzy flavoured water keeps my sweet tooth away lol I don't do a lot of exercise as I have prolapsed discs in my back they give me 3 months to hit my weight loss target but in that 3 months It was my wedding anniversary my birthday and husbands birthday and then went to Spain for 2 weeks so when I got back I wasn't left with much time to hit my target so I done a low calorie diet which worked well I was loosing 1lb a day nearly 2 if I tried really hard once I knew I was at my target I started a more healthier eating plan and kept loosing just not as much now I'm now trying to maintain don't know how that's going to go lol xx

Im not taking in much calories atm anyway i dont think, if i dont get close to my target a week or 2 before my deadline im thinking i might try the lsd milk and yougurt diet for a week. Will also act as a trial for when i do it for my pre op help prepare me a little better.
its my birthday next week so will probably go for a family meal but will try to make healthy choices and stay away from alcohol.
how much weight have you lost over how long?

Kirsty xx

Im not taking in much calories atm anyway i dont think, if i dont get close to my target a week or 2 before my deadline im thinking i might try the lsd milk and yougurt diet for a week. Will also act as a trial for when i do it for my pre op help prepare me a little better. its my birthday next week so will probably go for a family meal but will try to make healthy choices and stay away from alcohol. how much weight have you lost over how long? Kirsty xx

That's a good idea I'm dreading pre op diet but then surgery won't be long after I just want it over with alcohol has never been an issue for me as I don't drink at all I've lost 3 stone since July could av been more but paced myself towards the end didn't want them thinking I was doing too well on my own as I'm great at getting it off it's keeping it off that gets me and haven't really tried too hard since about beginning of September just trying to keep my head right by eating 3 meals and no snacking plenty of water that kind of thing glad I did because when surgeon said not to loose any more Ive worked really hard to get my target off in time it is a big achievement for me my husband tells me how proud he is all the time by getting it off bless him xx

That's a good idea I'm dreading pre op diet but then surgery won't be long after I just want it over with alcohol has never been an issue for me as I don't drink at all I've lost 3 stone since July could av been more but paced myself towards the end didn't want them thinking I was doing too well on my own as I'm great at getting it off it's keeping it off that gets me and haven't really tried too hard since about beginning of September just trying to keep my head right by eating 3 meals and no snacking plenty of water that kind of thing glad I did because when surgeon said not to loose any more Ive worked really hard to get my target off in time it is a big achievement for me my husband tells me how proud he is all the time by getting it off bless him xx

Im actually looking forward to the pre op diet strange aint i. I know its going to b tough tho an will have to stay strong mentally. I think its the excitement of knowing that the pre op diet means surgery is here. I hold my hands up i had a mc flurry tonight when my family had maccys for tea. I had soup lol so i suppose it could of been worse i could of gone for the big mac instead. I think iv managed 3 litres of watet today which is probably a record for me. My next weigh in is friday as iv changed the day im not expecting a massive loss as will only have been 5day but im hoping for atleast 1lb. Im going to try do some walking or exercise this week even if its jus walking round a shopping centre its still exercise. See if that helps as iv pretty much mastered the food now so need to add in the exercise.
iv been getting terrible migraines i think its a side effect of my new medication for arthriris may have to go back to gp see what he says. Have you heard anything from hospital yet

Kirsty xx

Back