• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And so it begins...Kirsty's journey to a sleeve!!

Well todays been a good day, took my little girl shopping centre and food shopping so plenty of walking, had 2 weetabix with skimmed milk for breki, and ham n mushroom omlette for dinner only managed about 1 ltr watet so far as been busy all day but will try get to 2 litres. Baking cakes atm as my little girl is poorly so cheers her up doing chocolate orange pumpkin cakes will post a pic if they turn out ok. I wont b eating any tho lol

Kirsty xx

Im actually looking forward to the pre op diet strange aint i. I know its going to b tough tho an will have to stay strong mentally. I think its the excitement of knowing that the pre op diet means surgery is here. I hold my hands up i had a mc flurry tonight when my family had maccys for tea. I had soup lol so i suppose it could of been worse i could of gone for the big mac instead. I think iv managed 3 litres of watet today which is probably a record for me. My next weigh in is friday as iv changed the day im not expecting a massive loss as will only have been 5day but im hoping for atleast 1lb. Im going to try do some walking or exercise this week even if its jus walking round a shopping centre its still exercise. See if that helps as iv pretty much mastered the food now so need to add in the exercise. iv been getting terrible migraines i think its a side effect of my new medication for arthriris may have to go back to gp see what he says. Have you heard anything from hospital yet Kirsty xx

Hi Kirsty never mind about the mc flurry we all have our slip ups now and again keep up with the hard work n am sure the results will show on Friday I got a letter from hospital yesterday was really excited opening it sad I know but was just about what happened at last appointment but hoping my next appointment won't be far behind once I get that letter I will have a pretty good idea when my op will be exciting stuff lol xx

Hi Kirsty never mind about the mc flurry we all have our slip ups now and again keep up with the hard work n am sure the results will show on Friday I got a letter from hospital yesterday was really excited opening it sad I know but was just about what happened at last appointment but hoping my next appointment won't be far behind once I get that letter I will have a pretty good idea when my op will be exciting stuff lol xx

Not sad at all when im waiting for appointments i get excited jus hearing the letter box lol its the main focus in our lives atm its understandable we get so anxious waiting. I wish i was as close as u are to surgery but im sure i wont b far behind you. I will have a better idea once i see the psychiatrist in november only 5 weeks and 2 days away. Im still doing ok on diet stange thing is iv found by resucing my portion sizes and eating regular during the day i cant usually finish my evening meals. I eat way less than i used to and im not always starving and even better im not allowing myself to get over full either cuz i hate that feeling. Im definatley listening to my body more

Kirsty xx

Not sad at all when im waiting for appointments i get excited jus hearing the letter box lol its the main focus in our lives atm its understandable we get so anxious waiting. I wish i was as close as u are to surgery but im sure i wont b far behind you. I will have a better idea once i see the psychiatrist in november only 5 weeks and 2 days away. Im still doing ok on diet stange thing is iv found by resucing my portion sizes and eating regular during the day i cant usually finish my evening meals. I eat way less than i used to and im not always starving and even better im not allowing myself to get over full either cuz i hate that feeling. Im definatley listening to my body more Kirsty xx

I came home yesterday to check post and nothing was there lol I really didn't think I was this close I was expecting beginning of next year at the least it really hasn't been that long considering I waited from January to march just for my seminar was a long wait because I got my appointment from gp there and then was soo long lol the last appointment I got through was only for 2 weeks later normally is 8 weeks or so I really feel I'm at the important stages now never felt real till last appointment why don't you ring appointment line and see if any of your appointments can be brought forward you might get a cancelation it helps cutting weeks off your wait I know how you feel I was always one of the ones on here who was just starting out always remember writing I was just at the beginning of my journey feels like 5 mins ago and still felt like that till last week is this the time you've got 3 months to hit your target and is your appointment longer than the 3 months xx

Hi Kirsty I have good news I have my appointment for my endoscopy not long things defo speed up towards the end xx

When is your appointment. I was given 8 weeks to meet target for my next appointment i would try for a cancellation but im not at my target so i need the 5 weeks to get to target so im happy to wait for this one. It didnt feel real to me until seminar then it hit me. This us going to happen and will b early next year i think.
My gp referred me in may and had to wait till mid september for first appointment which seemed ages but now times going really fast and i think my op will b alot sooner than i expected. They said as im healthy in general i wont need any extra appointments or test so should get away with 4 appointments which is the minimum. I think iv been lucky so far the only hoop iv got to jump through is losing a stone which isnt much to ask considering what they are offering me in return. As soon as i hit my target i will start pushing to get things moving as fast as i can. It scares me tho knowing im actually going to get the op. Cant imagine how my life will b post op.

Kirsty xx

When is your appointment. I was given 8 weeks to meet target for my next appointment i would try for a cancellation but im not at my target so i need the 5 weeks to get to target so im happy to wait for this one. It didnt feel real to me until seminar then it hit me. This us going to happen and will b early next year i think. My gp referred me in may and had to wait till mid september for first appointment which seemed ages but now times going really fast and i think my op will b alot sooner than i expected. They said as im healthy in general i wont need any extra appointments or test so should get away with 4 appointments which is the minimum. I think iv been lucky so far the only hoop iv got to jump through is losing a stone which isnt much to ask considering what they are offering me in return. As soon as i hit my target i will start pushing to get things moving as fast as i can. It scares me tho knowing im actually going to get the op. Cant imagine how my life will b post op. Kirsty xx

My appointment is 3rd November so could be a possibility that I will have surgery within 8 weeks I need to stop worrying that summit is going to go wrong any idea how I can do that lol yes I wasn't bothered about moving my appointment forward when I was trying to reach my weigh loss target I've only ever changed one appointment because the time was to early for my to get there and they give me an earlier date the months fly in so it goes so quick anyway I never thought in a million years I would be lucky enough to have this operation xx

My appointment is 3rd November so could be a possibility that I will have surgery within 8 weeks I need to stop worrying that summit is going to go wrong any idea how I can do that lol yes I wasn't bothered about moving my appointment forward when I was trying to reach my weigh loss target I've only ever changed one appointment because the time was to early for my to get there and they give me an earlier date the months fly in so it goes so quick anyway I never thought in a million years I would be lucky enough to have this operation xx

Wow thats close u cant imagine how your feeling. Nothing is going to go wrong your almost there the end of a long battle and the start of a new journey. We are very lucky to be getting the operations i never even considered it until b gp mentioned and if it wasnt for him i wouldnt b getting it. He is amazing. Im terrified i wont get to my target for the last 12 months iv found it almost impossible to lose weight an keep it off. I am determined this time tho. I know the only thing that could stop me getting my operation is myself. I need to believe i can and will do this. Im anxious to weigh myself friday. Im hoping to av lost 1lb. I need to lose every week to stand a chance of getting any where near my target. We can do this and we will support each other through it. Youve really helped me this last week or 2. Where abouts are you from?

Kirsty xx

Wow thats close u cant imagine how your feeling. Nothing is going to go wrong your almost there the end of a long battle and the start of a new journey. We are very lucky to be getting the operations i never even considered it until b gp mentioned and if it wasnt for him i wouldnt b getting it. He is amazing. Im terrified i wont get to my target for the last 12 months iv found it almost impossible to lose weight an keep it off. I am determined this time tho. I know the only thing that could stop me getting my operation is myself. I need to believe i can and will do this. Im anxious to weigh myself friday. Im hoping to av lost 1lb. I need to lose every week to stand a chance of getting any where near my target. We can do this and we will support each other through it. Youve really helped me this last week or 2. Where abouts are you from? Kirsty xx

I have every confidence in you for hitting your target as from what I've read you really want this and your doing great I pushed myself so much trying to hit the weigh loss target it's very good motivation knowing what we get in the end I hoping you get your 1lb off for Friday I will be waiting for your update thank you I think we must be helping each other it's nice to have people to talk to about this I'm from County Durham you xx

I have every confidence in you for hitting your target as from what I've read you really want this and your doing great I pushed myself so much trying to hit the weigh loss target it's very good motivation knowing what we get in the end I hoping you get your 1lb off for Friday I will be waiting for your update thank you I think we must be helping each other it's nice to have people to talk to about this I'm from County Durham you xx

Yh it helps to av people who understand and who are on a similar journey this site is a god send. Im trying to have faith in myself. Are you nervouse bout your endoscopy what does it involve and whats the reason for doing it? Im in the midlands near wolverhampton xx

Yh it helps to av people who understand and who are on a similar journey this site is a god send. Im trying to have faith in myself. Are you nervouse bout your endoscopy what does it involve and whats the reason for doing it? Im in the midlands near wolverhampton xx

You can do it if I can anyone can this site has helped me so much don't think I would av got this far without it in very nervous they put a camera down your throat to check everything is is ok for surgery I'm a bit scared as a few years back I had something similar and woke up half way through trying to pull the tube out my mouth they had to pin me down and give me more Sedation all I wanted to do was sallow but tube was too big so I couldn't I hope this one is only little lol they write on my notes hard to knock out haha xx

You can do it if I can anyone can this site has helped me so much don't think I would av got this far without it in very nervous they put a camera down your throat to check everything is is ok for surgery I'm a bit scared as a few years back I had something similar and woke up half way through trying to pull the tube out my mouth they had to pin me down and give me more Sedation all I wanted to do was sallow but tube was too big so I couldn't I hope this one is only little lol they write on my notes hard to knock out haha xx

I can see why your worried after what youve been through before. Are you going to b awake for this one? I was naughty an had a peek at the scales this morning its looking good for me losing that 1lb u was hoping. It will b the first time in ages iv lost 2 weeks in a row. I usually lose one week the put on then spend the next week losong what i regained. An endless battle where ultimatley my weight stays the same. Lets hope my hard work and dedication keeps paying off and encourages me to keep at it.

Kirsty xx

I can see why your worried after what youve been through before. Are you going to b awake for this one? I was naughty an had a peek at the scales this morning its looking good for me losing that 1lb u was hoping. It will b the first time in ages iv lost 2 weeks in a row. I usually lose one week the put on then spend the next week losong what i regained. An endless battle where ultimatley my weight stays the same. Lets hope my hard work and dedication keeps paying off and encourages me to keep at it. Kirsty xx

You can choose numbing spray or sedation I'm going for numbing spray as if your sedated they won't tell you the results and that your on the list as i will want to know straight away the I hate waiting or the not knowing xx

You can choose numbing spray or sedation I'm going for numbing spray as if your sedated they won't tell you the results and that your on the list as i will want to know straight away the I hate waiting or the not knowing and excellent that the scales are showing what you want this op is defo the drive we need can't wait till we are both a size 10 haha xx

You will be fine im sure of it. And you will get the results straight away and hopefully be put onto the list. I cant wait to b put on the surgery list. Im finding today really hard im starving. Think im going to make a slimming world lasnage for tea with a jacket potato made into wedges. Hopefully all healthy and a nice family meal. Did a home made healthy cottage pie for tea last night. Fancy a change from grilled chicken.
xx

You will be fine im sure of it. And you will get the results straight away and hopefully be put onto the list. I cant wait to b put on the surgery list. Im finding today really hard im starving. Think im going to make a slimming world lasnage for tea with a jacket potato made into wedges. Hopefully all healthy and a nice family meal. Did a home made healthy cottage pie for tea last night. Fancy a change from grilled chicken. xx

Kirsty you're doing so well Hun. Your mindset is in the right place and you seem to be in the right place mentally. It would t be long now Hun and you will heading for the theatre!!!

Keep going babe xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Kirsty you're doing so well Hun. Your mindset is in the right place and you seem to be in the right place mentally. It would t be long now Hun and you will heading for the theatre!!!

Keep going babe xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thanks lisa, my head really is in a good place and the new self control i have over food is amazing. My husband keeps telling me how proud he is of me and my determination. I want this so bad and i know the psychiatrist is going to be my biggest hurlde but i think if i keep going the way i am and hit me target he will have no reason not to sign me off. Iv listened to the dietician an i actually have changed my habbits and iv constantly got a water bottlin in my hand sipping my way through about 2 litres of water a day.
your guys kinds words, support and praise is really helping me through this i cant thank you all enough.

Kirsty xx

You will be fine im sure of it. And you will get the results straight away and hopefully be put onto the list. I cant wait to b put on the surgery list. Im finding today really hard im starving. Think im going to make a slimming world lasnage for tea with a jacket potato made into wedges. Hopefully all healthy and a nice family meal. Did a home made healthy cottage pie for tea last night. Fancy a change from grilled chicken. xx
Thank you I'm sure I will be too once I'm in that list they could ring me any day with a date normally op no more than 4 weeks after endoscopy I have a feeling I will be eating my Christmas dinner mushed up like baby food lol just keep going when I was having a bad day feeling like I could eat the fridge lol I would tell myself I will just be hungry again tomorrow the more calories I eat one day makes me starving the next day hope that makes a bit sence lol your meals sound bloody lovely I will be round for tea soon haha xx

Thank you I'm sure I will be too once I'm in that list they could ring me any day with a date normally op no more than 4 weeks after endoscopy I have a feeling I will be eating my Christmas dinner mushed up like baby food lol just keep going when I was having a bad day feeling like I could eat the fridge lol I would tell myself I will just be hungry again tomorrow the more calories I eat one day makes me starving the next day hope that makes a bit sence lol your meals sound bloody lovely I will be round for tea soon haha xx

Iv stayed strong today i think it was because i had no yogurts or fruit to snack on all day was jus a bowl or porridge and a tin of soup. I did a home made curry for tea in the end slimming world style n jus ate the chicken n rice didnt av any of the sauce or naan bread. Im gna treat myself to some strawberries covered with a toffee muller light yougurt now my favourit diet treat. Yogurts and fruit really get me through the days lol. Cant believe how close u are now its gna b the best xmas present ever u must b on the nice list haha. And i love to cook and bake its my passion. I make lots of cakes for the kids and as bday cakes my dream is to open a dessert shop one day. Luckily i dont usually eat what i bake else id av to get a new hobby lol.

Kirsty xx

Iv stayed strong today i think it was because i had no yogurts or fruit to snack on all day was jus a bowl or porridge and a tin of soup. I did a home made curry for tea in the end slimming world style n jus ate the chicken n rice didnt av any of the sauce or naan bread. Im gna treat myself to some strawberries covered with a toffee muller light yougurt now my favourit diet treat. Yogurts and fruit really get me through the days lol. Cant believe how close u are now its gna b the best xmas present ever u must b on the nice list haha. And i love to cook and bake its my passion. I make lots of cakes for the kids and as bday cakes my dream is to open a dessert shop one day. Luckily i dont usually eat what i bake else id av to get a new hobby lol. Kirsty xx

Well done for been so strong you defo have your mind in the right place you will be at your target in no time it's about time I was on the nice list lol I also love baking and cooking but I'm limited to how much I can do it now as over the years my back has got worse go for your dream and open a shop this talk about cake is making me want a big slice of cake lol xx

Back