• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And so it begins...Kirsty's journey to a sleeve!!

You're both really in the zone. I remember very clearly staring at the phone waiting for bookings from Walsall Manor to tell me my time has come! Mine was close to my retirement, my birthday and I cancelled a holiday to have the op as soon they offered me a date as I was so worried if I did anything wrong at all they would put me to the bottom of the list. It's been a full on year and its emotionally draining for sure. When your op comes you're beside yourself with hope and relief in bucket fulls. Understandably there is a emotional dip on the other side as the build up is so huge when it's actually done you're a bit bemused! It doesn't take long to even out hough ladies and everything just starts to slowly change and the new you falls into place. I will be routing for you xxx

You're both really in the zone. I remember very clearly staring at the phone waiting for bookings from Walsall Manor to tell me my time has come! Mine was close to my retirement, my birthday and I cancelled a holiday to have the op as soon they offered me a date as I was so worried if I did anything wrong at all they would put me to the bottom of the list. It's been a full on year and its emotionally draining for sure. When your op comes you're beside yourself with hope and relief in bucket fulls. Understandably there is a emotional dip on the other side as the build up is so huge when it's actually done you're a bit bemused! It doesn't take long to even out hough ladies and everything just starts to slowly change and the new you falls into place. I will be routing for you xxx

Thank you debs how has things been for you since your op xx

Thanks deb you have also been a massive help to me and being at the same hospital its like havin a spy on the inside who i caan go to for information haha.
i weighed myself today its only been since monday so not a full week as i changed my weigh in day and iv lost 2lb im so pleased. The hard work really is paying off. 5 weeks to get target and 10lb to go so if i can keep losing 2lb a week i will b dead on target.

Kirsty xx

Thanks deb you have also been a massive help to me and being at the same hospital its like havin a spy on the inside who i caan go to for information haha. i weighed myself today its only been since monday so not a full week as i changed my weigh in day and iv lost 2lb im so pleased. The hard work really is paying off. 5 weeks to get target and 10lb to go so if i can keep losing 2lb a week i will b dead on target. Kirsty xx

I'm so happy for you Kirsty well done it feels so good when your hard work pays off doesn't it will keep you going and it hasn't even been a week so that's even better lol xx

I'm so happy for you Kirsty well done it feels so good when your hard work pays off doesn't it will keep you going and it hasn't even been a week so that's even better lol xx

Ah thank you. Im surprised i lost 2lb wasnt expecting that. Im actual startin to believe i will get to my target or atleast very close to it. If i do will mean i will av lost a stone in 8 weeks. Only a few weeks to you next appointment then there will b no stopping you. The more weight i lose the more excited i get lol feel like a kid waiting for xmas. Its my birthday next week so gna b a family meal with cake and wine so i will need to stay strong n enjoy my bday but not go mad and undo all my hard work.

Kirsty xx

Ah thank you. Im surprised i lost 2lb wasnt expecting that. Im actual startin to believe i will get to my target or atleast very close to it. If i do will mean i will av lost a stone in 8 weeks. Only a few weeks to you next appointment then there will b no stopping you. The more weight i lose the more excited i get lol feel like a kid waiting for xmas. Its my birthday next week so gna b a family meal with cake and wine so i will need to stay strong n enjoy my bday but not go mad and undo all my hard work. Kirsty xx
You will defo do it 2lb a week is great the more you loose the more determined you will be to stick at it and by the sounds if it your not giving in anytime soon try and eat something no too fattening in sure they will be something for you but also enjoy your birthday just keep telling yourself your not giving up your new life for the sake of one day xx

Last edited:
You will defo do it 2lb a week is great the more you loose the more determined you will be to stick at it and by the sounds if it your not giving in anytime soon try and eat something no too fattening in sure they will be something for you but also enjoy your birthday just keep telling yourself your not giving up your new life for the sake of one day xx

No im not giving in my minds set on this now its what needs to be done to get where i need to be. Not been well since last night got an upset tummy might shift a few pound tho lol

Kirsty xx

No im not giving in my minds set on this now its what needs to be done to get where i need to be. Not been well since last night got an upset tummy might shift a few pound tho lol Kirsty xx
Loosing a few lbs when ill is always the best part hope you get well soon tho xx

Last edited:
Loosing a few lbs when ill is always the best part hope you get well soon tho xx

Thanks. Feeling a little better today i havent eaten anything yet tho so will see how it goes later. Might treat hubby and kids to a carvery or make a healthy chicken casserole cant decide. Hopr everyones having a good weekend

Kirsty xx

Thanks. Feeling a little better today i havent eaten anything yet tho so will see how it goes later. Might treat hubby and kids to a carvery or make a healthy chicken casserole cant decide. Hopr everyones having a good weekend Kirsty xx

Both sound like a good idea I'm making a roast beef dinner this trying to maintain is harder than I thought I've always tried to loose or put on need my appointment to hurry up feels like it's dragging lol xx

Both sound like a good idea I'm making a roast beef dinner this trying to maintain is harder than I thought I've always tried to loose or put on need my appointment to hurry up feels like it's dragging lol xx

I decied on a carvery. Funny thing is i couldnt manage much not sure if its cuz iv still got a bit of an upset tummy or its because iv gotten used to eating less. I wanted to try avoid the bloated feeling and while i was eating it i was aware that i didbt need to eat everything that was on the plate usually i would even if i was full i think iv definatley started to change my habbits and life style rather than just going on a diet. This new self control i have over food makes me feel good. Enjoy your roast

Kirsty xx

I decied on a carvery. Funny thing is i couldnt manage much not sure if its cuz iv still got a bit of an upset tummy or its because iv gotten used to eating less. I wanted to try avoid the bloated feeling and while i was eating it i was aware that i didbt need to eat everything that was on the plate usually i would even if i was full i think iv definatley started to change my habbits and life style rather than just going on a diet. This new self control i have over food makes me feel good. Enjoy your roast Kirsty xx

That's great your noticing the changes you've made I look forward to Friday to hear of your weight loss I'm going to take a guess on 3lb my roast was lovely I'm stuffed now that will do me all day now xx

That's great your noticing the changes you've made I look forward to Friday to hear of your weight loss I'm going to take a guess on 3lb my roast was lovely I'm stuffed now that will do me all day now xx

Id b chuffed with 3lb i suppose its possible if i work hard this week. Well i say work hard the longer i make the changes the easier they are to stick with. Hubby treated me to a water infuser today so i can make my own natural fruit flavoured water as water is my new best friend. Im tempted to av a peek at the scales tomorrow lol xx

Id b chuffed with 3lb i suppose its possible if i work hard this week. Well i say work hard the longer i make the changes the easier they are to stick with. Hubby treated me to a water infuser today so i can make my own natural fruit flavoured water as water is my new best friend. Im tempted to av a peek at the scales tomorrow lol xx

Can I ask where you got it from I've been spending a fortune on flavoured water 3lb is defo possible I can't say peeking at the scales all the time is wrong because I done it everyday when trying to hit my target kept me going xx

Can I ask where you got it from I've been spending a fortune on flavoured water 3lb is defo possible I can't say peeking at the scales all the time is wrong because I done it everyday when trying to hit my target kept me going xx

They sell loads on amazon for bout £5 but this one you can get out bhs its £10 iv seen some in tk maxx as well you can get them loads of places they are brill jus ad fruit into little pot then fill with water n leave in fridge over night is best as the longer you leave it the better it will taste. I used to weigh myself every day but been doing it a bit less lately will av a peek tomorroe tho

Kirsty xx

Jus tried to have some mushroom soup and felt full after half of it think my tummy is still a little iffy. Been round a shopping centre and retail park for a few hours this afternoon so plenty of walking lets hope this week is another good week for me with another good loss. Less than 5 weeks till my next and probably most important stage to pass on tier 4

Kirsty xx

Well i had a peak at the scales and iv lost an extra 2lb since friday so if id of waited the full 7 days to weigh myself would of been a 4lb loss. Lets hope i can keep that 2lb off till my new official weigh in on friday. Gna have my birthday meal on friday after iv had my weekly weigh in lol. Thats dedication iv postponed my bday by a day haha

That's excellent losing! I get excited to see a 1-2 lb a week loss. I imagined with on 20% of my tummy it would drop of - but that's not to be the case for me. Keep going - you're doing well xx

That's excellent losing! I get excited to see a 1-2 lb a week loss. I imagined with on 20% of my tummy it would drop of - but that's not to be the case for me. Keep going - you're doing well xx

A steady weight loss is best for your body debs an may help with lose skin. I was a little poorly the weekend so didnt manage much food but when i could eat i made helthy choices and small portions. I can agree its going good for me atm and it jus makes me more determined to do better. Need to lose another 8lb to hit target

Kirsty xx

Well i had a peak at the scales and iv lost an extra 2lb since friday so if id of waited the full 7 days to weigh myself would of been a 4lb loss. Lets hope i can keep that 2lb off till my new official weigh in on friday. Gna have my birthday meal on friday after iv had my weekly weigh in lol. Thats dedication iv postponed my bday by a day haha

Great how much left to loose now your on a roll you will be excited to see results on Friday now your very dedicated Kirsty most people would take the day off their diet for their birthday so good on ya xx

Back