• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And so it begins...Kirsty's journey to a sleeve!!

Well yesterday was a better day than friday. I was very tired tho so had a nap about 4pm an didnt wake up till 9pm i couldnt believe it, i must of needed tho.

So 4 whole days of LSD and im now starting day 5. I had a peek at the scales this morning for the first time since i started an im pleased with the loss. Im not gna day what it is i wanna wait till wednesday for the full week weigh in. Surgery is getting closer im jus praying it dont get cancelled last minute.

Hope ur all well

Kirsty xx

Kirsty, you are doing well. Keep going. I am sure you will be fine. I did four weeks LSD - 4 cans of WW soup, 4 muller light yogs and 500ml semi-skimmed ONLY every day. It was the hardest thing I have ever done, but I did not waver. I was so determined, and did not want to jeopardise my bypass because I hadn't stuck to it which would have meant I was not ready for the mental challenge of the surgery, and my Liver was not shrunk enough to be hooked out of the way during the procedure. Yes, the funny taste is the Ketosis hitting, and I am sorry to say it will probably be with you for months. It is vile!

Keep up the good work. I am genuinely excited for you and look forward to making room for you on the losers' bench hun. Onwards and downwards xxx

Hi lilac thanks for your kind words it helps to keep me motivated. I am 100% dedicated an like u say im to scared to jeopradise my suregery that i wont b cheating or slipping off the wagon. How long ago did you havr surgery and have you lost much weight since. Any tips for post op? Im having the sleeve but i imagine post op is very similar to bypass.

Kirsty xx

Hey Kirsty
I crashed like that also during the first days on the diet .. It's exhausting isn't it ? Are you peeing a lot during the night ? That broken sleep is a killer .. In my diary I write about keeling over side wards on the bed , after a day at work , intending to eat some chicken breast but falling deep asleep u til woken by the cat trying to break into the chicken packet.
Sleep if you need to and don't feel guilty about it .. Your going through some major changes mentally and physically
Xxxxx

Thanks Kirsty, it will be three years on 9 July that I had my bypass. I was 19.5stone or 24/26 dress size. Always active, but weight issues since a child. I lost 10stone in 9 months. I train five times a week (was three even before WLS but increased to five 18 months ago) which has significantly changed my body shape and built muscle behind my loose skin which enhances the appearance of it! I still take a size 8/10 but may have to go up to a 12 in Zara. I have a thread which has had over 30k views and nearly 650 comments. You will find it in the RNY section of the forum, under inspirational photos before and after. It is titled Feeling fit and fabulous. Surgery July 13 ... Easiest way is to do a search for me and it should come up, I hope you can find it xxxx

Well 1st week of LSD down and its been challenging at times but im powering through. Tomorrow morning i will b getting on the scales to see how much my hard work and determination has paid off.

Kirsty xx

Well 1st week of LSD down and its been challenging at times but im powering through. Tomorrow morning i will b getting on the scales to see how much my hard work and determination has paid off.

Kirsty xx
Well done, your so close, great news X

Morning Kirsty
Can't wait to hear about your weigh in today !
Xxxxx

Kirsty xx

Well done on sticking with it, am sure your hard work will pay off.

Well im very happy in my first week iv lost 9lb so it really is paying off.
Thanks for ur support
Kirsty xx

Wowsers Kirsty ! I'm gobsmacked ! That's amazing ! Go you ! :)

Wowsers Kirsty ! I'm gobsmacked ! That's amazing ! Go you ! :)

Thanks im very pleased an also surprised haha 2 weeks till surgery im jus hoping they dont cancel on me xx

Good job Kirsty! 9 lbs in your first week is amazing:0clapper:

I've got my pre-op on 13/06 and surgery 17/06 and started my LSD on Monday, hoping to do as well as you!

Keep it up hon xx

Great loss Kirsty! well done :0clapper:

Congratulations Kirsty, hopefully just the boost you need to make week 2 a bit easier :)

Lisa876 gd luck on ur LSD im sure u will do great.

And thank you to everyone for your support and kind words it really means a lot to me.

Kirsty xx

Well done. Just stick to it like glue, keep the focus and you'll be on that operating table about to start the rest of your life. Can't wait to make room on the losers' bench for you. Genuinely excited for you. Onwards and downwards hun xxxx

Back