• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And so it begins...Kirsty's journey to a sleeve!!

Can i have children paracetamol instead of the disolvable ones an how much wud i need to equal two 500g tabs xx

I didn't take soluble paracetamol from the day I left. Made me too sick. I went onto kids 6plus calpol xx

Kirsty .. Re headaches .. Up the water and drop coffee if you drink it .. Your new tummy may be absorbing the caffeine a lot quicker than it was before ?
Your weight loss is awesome ! Well done !

I love coffee but havent been able to stomach it since my op. I probably dont drink enough fluids. I cant manage plaim water either. I love off nas squash or sugar free flavoured water and have jelly, soup an protein shakes. Thats literally all i have. I managed a full jelly today and im drinkin my full protein shake. Still bruised an sore but already startin to feel like i look better an im thinkin of joining the gym soon xx

Oh and i drove today which was ok. Had to take ot easy an i must admit im very tired but i did do the weekly food shop alone and carry all the bags in by myself and one of the heavy bags broke may of over done it. Bak to normal life tomorroe hubby bak at work so i bak to doing school run xx

Obviously school run has to take place sweetheart but do have a test afterwards and listen to your body. I went back to work after 9 days but my work isn't that physical - I just stood at the front and taught, but whilst I managed I was exhausted and slept most of the evening and night for sometime! You're doing really well xxx

Thanks debs. Im dying to peek at the scales but need to wait till wednesday xx

Well done Kirsty on staying away from the scales .. I've fought myself also as last Wednesday I couldn't go and weigh like I usually do as I had to work .. It's been so hard but I'm waiting for this Wednesday .. I'm hoping for my 4st loss !

Gd idea on the patches think im jus gna wait till i can go bak onto normal vitamin tablets. I am tired an weak an occasionally feel faint but the drops dont stay down so i jus give up. An the vommitting is too painful. I sneezed yesterday an that really hurt. 2 weeks post op tomorrow an iv come a long way since op day so things can only get better hopefully. Im dyin to taste nice foods. 2 more weeks of liquid thn onto puree.
Will update when weigh in tomorrow morning.

Kirsty xx

Can any of u recommend a blender/ food processor for the puree stage got 2 weeks to get one. Xx

I didn't spend to much on one as I knew I wouldn't use it for long .. I picked up a unit in Robert Dyas for under £30 .. It also does smoothies which was a godsend ..

Consider looking on Gumtree or shpock for a second hand one,I brought myself a steamer for £3 and works a treat just a suggestion

So today is 2 weeks post op. Iv done my weekly weigh in an iv lost another 5lb which im very happy with. My trousers are hanging off me but im trying to wait a little longer before i buy anythin. Got check up at gp this morning gna talk to him bout vitamins see if he can give me somethin else.

Kirsty xx

Yeahhhh ! Well done ! Baggy trousers are brilliant lol !

That's fab well done Kirsty! been looking at different vitamins... reckon I'm gonna order the gummy ones?
I haven't took any yet (op was sat night) when I asked consultant he said don't even try to take any until week 2/3 earliest....
And also got sugar free orange paracetamol liquid from hosp.
as I'm a baby when I try and take dissolving tabs !!

Loving your progress Kirsty!

Well done Kirsty! You're doing so well :)
I did buy chewable vitamins but the first time I felt so sick I just went back to my usual ones and I've managed to swallow tablets fine since day 2. I did force it a bit though because I have so many I have to take ;) I think the jelly type ones are much nicer x

Back