• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And so it begins...Kirsty's journey to a sleeve!!

Im same debs im sticking with the liquids for 4 weeks but they have changed there rules now as only have to do puree for 2 weeks thn lumpy for 2 weeks an said by week 9 i should b able to eat normal food. I really fancy cod in parsley sauce wi some milky mash. Im lookin forward to gettin off liquids. 1 an a half weeks left of it now. Thanks for ideas guys will try some of them out. Im actually feeling hunger tho but it doesnt really bother me. Im sipping water all the time and have 2 bowls of soup a day an 1 jelly. Im jus getting bored now an wanna try new things but in stuck cuz only on liquid

Kirsty xx
Definitely stick to the rules as everyone said but the rules are different with the different providers. I see people for weeks on liquids, my provider's rules are 2 weeks liquids, 2 weeks on softs and then straight onto normal foods at week5 :)

Last edited:
Hi tia i was reffered may last year and had first appointment at hospital in september are you at walsall manor xx

I bought myself some horlicks today jis fancied something different. Im still sticking with the rule i dont wanna do anythin that cuz cause a problem. Tomorrow i will be 3 weeks post op the time has flown by. Still covered in bruises an i think only 1/2 days of clexane injections yet. Iv gotta do my weekly weigh in tomorrow im only expecting 2/3lb tho. I can tell iv lost tho my clothes feel big an i took a pic today an compared it to my before which was taken 6 weeks ago when i started LSD an u can really see a difference. Will update tomorrow once iv been on the scales.

Kirsty xx

Hi tia i was reffered may last year and had first appointment at hospital in september are you at walsall manor xx
Hey kirsty yeah im at manor doctor referred me 3 weeks ago but still waiting just wondered how long it took to come through post, i rang yesterday and they said they had recieved ny referral and im under dr mirza and should receive my appointment soon.. Thanks emsie xx

I cant remember exactly how long took for letter to come they can b slow admin wise id wait 6 weeks thats probably the norm x

3 weeks post op today and iv lost 3lb this week im pleased with that. I havent been to toilet this week so may have to get somethin for that. Overall im feeling good. Last clexane injection tomorrow morning iv ended up doing 22 days on them as i was in hospital for 2 days where they gave them to me and thn they still sent me home with 20. They bloody sting sometimes. I take kids chewable vitamins instead of the drops an i take kids paracetamol if i need it for head aches etc as the dissolvable ones made me sick. I dont always have my protein shakes i ran out an bought a different brand an its horrible was only £12 but the other one like £40 im only supposed to have them for another week anyway.

Hope everyone is well

Kirsty xx

Congrats on the loss !
Those few weeks have deff flown by ..
Hugs
Mindy
Xxxx

Thanks everyone. Yh time really has gone fast and its amazing how much of a difference time makes. Everyday iv felt better. 1 week left on liquid then onto puree.

Kirsty xx

Well done on your loss this week, you are doing so well :) time does fly post op. I'm 7 weeks today already. Maybe it's because we wait for so long and it seems like time passes so slowly :)

Well i tried pilates today an really enjoyed it im starting with light exercise to build my strength up and then i will join the gym. I can really see an feel a difference in my size which is great. I havent been toilet for over a week now can i get anythin over counter. Iv heard people mention movicol where can i get that or somethin similar. Needs to be gentle an not irratate my new tummy.

Kirsty xx

Hey Kirsty!! :)
I havent been around for a while. I was driving myself crazy thinking about having the op so much i needed to try and forget about it for a while.
Im so happy to read that you had your op and that things are going well so far! It seems like its going great. A 13lb loss in your first week is amazing. I hope i do half as well as you if i ever get mine. lol
Im so glad you kept our diary up. Its always been a good read. Hopefully things will keep going well for you and we can keep reading your updates.

Hi Kirsty - Well done on your weightloss you are doing great. I have not had a date yet but I am hoping it will be soon. I will be going to see the surgeon again on Wednesday to see if they can still do the sleeve due to my worsening acid reflux.

Thanks ladies an i hope you both get ur surgeries very soon. Its best thing i every did i feel so much healthier and active its great.

On another subject its been almost 2 weeks since iv been to the toilet iv ordered movicol off gp but thats gna cost me the expensive prescription price. I already have some suppositories it the medicin box. I was wondering if these wud b ok as they stimulate the bowel rather that the tummy. Has any one tried this option. Im 4 weeks post op tomorrow xx

Thanks ladies an i hope you both get ur surgeries very soon. Its best thing i every did i feel so much healthier and active its great.

On another subject its been almost 2 weeks since iv been to the toilet iv ordered movicol off gp but thats gna cost me the expensive prescription price. I already have some suppositories it the medicin box. I was wondering if these wud b ok as they stimulate the bowel rather that the tummy. Has any one tried this option. Im 4 weeks post op tomorrow xx

Yes you can use suppositories xx

I used ducolax (with Manor's ok) - pack of 10 from home bargains pound land so not expensive. Tablets are tiny - truly mini and I was able to swallow without issue. 2 weeks is a fairly decent time to be poop free - so plenty fluids etc which I am sure you know. Hope it goes well!!!

Hi everyone 4 weeks post of today an officially off liquids an onto puree yey. Iv lost 2lb this week which im happy with but still havent been to the toilet i think that wud help with weight loss. Im startin to feel uncomfortable now i really need to sort it. I have the dulcolax liquid which go prescibed i had it a lot b4 op as iv always had problems going to toilet regular but hospital said it would irritate my tummy too much. I think its a high dose tho. I will have to try the dulcolax tablets see how i get on.
As for food its plenty of sloppy mash potato for me, milky weetabix, i tried fish in parsley sauce blended up an mixed with the mash it was lovely, also mince meat an gravey blened an thn mixed with mash is nice. Im gna slowly start trying more. So far i havent had any problems with eating. Since the initial sickess stopped after the first week iv been good. Sometimes i can eat more than other times but im still not having much. I only have 2-3 meals a day an drink lots of water i need to try have more meals as im a little tired all the time. Iv been busy this week tho so i think its all catching up with me now.
Update again soon. Thank u all for your support an advice.

Kirsty xx

Back