• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And so it begins...Kirsty's journey to a sleeve!!

Im hoping for another 2-3lb loss this week. Iv been really active and doing the gardening. Im eating ok. Half a weetabix for breki, usually mash potato for other meals, either with fish n parsley sauce, mince meat n gravy an yesterday i had a tin of stewed steak which i blended an mixed with the mash was yummy. Im also a fan of cheesy beans. I bought mini low fat custards by ambrosia out asda theres only about 2tbs in them think they are baby ones but if i warm them up for a few seconds there a lovely treat. Still drinking plently. Im 4 n half weeks post op now an they said im ok to take tablets now but iv still been crushing them as im worried will get stuck or make me sick. Im jus scared to try them whole. There no bigger than a tic tac so they are quite small. What u think shall i try it.
Hope everyone is doing good.
I go on holiday 29th july jus to butlins minehead with my 2 youngest an im excited by its the first time iv taken kids away by myself usually have my husband and my eldest with me. Iv booked us the food. Im hopin i b able to each a bit better by then as i shud b at end of mushy stage when i go.

Kirsty xx

I was on the same programme as you honey and you're doing brilliantly. Outstanding in fact - managing foods and getting in your fluids in is your challenge at this point and you're smashing it. Weight loss is the obvious consequence of such good adherence to the rules. So please for you.

I went back on to my tablets as normal at week 4 and I feel you ought to be ok. I didn't take the massive Adcal - that was a chewy one. But I did manage the others. Having enough water in a big enough sip was the only issue and I simply took one at a time with 10 mins or so in between each pill.

Whatever you chose to do I hope it goes ok. Holiday sounds fabulous - have a blast xx

I have crusher tablets tonight but swallowed 2 dulcolax tablest. I chew the adcal 3 an kids multi vitamin an im all out of the lanzoprazole. Once i finished my post of meds is it jus the multi vitamin i have to take. Do all the others stop xx

That's interesting because I'd been on omperazole for a very long time pre surgery. I've been told to take lansaprozol for 3 months post surgery and then stop to see if I still need it. I've read about people with severe reflux being told to have the bypass instead if they have that problem but it was never mentioned to me. Still I take so many other meds for life that if I do need to stay on lansaprozol it's no biggie.

@xk1rstyx I think everyone gets told a different regime for post op meds. I asked because I saw other people being put on calcium, iron etc automatically and my team said they prefer to just say multi vitamins for life and then prescribe anything else as required following blood tests. How are you feeling in yourself? I think I'm going to be on senna and ducolax forever!

It'd make sense but that's never been mentioned to me. I used to get terrible chest pain with mine and they think years on ibuprofen and similar pain killers have damaged my stomach. Well that and I was bulimic for a long time which damaged it too :( I guess I'll know one way or the other pretty quickly and when I stop :)

I was told Adcal D3 tablets are for life. They also back in June 2015 told my my lanzaprazole was also for life - but they have taken me down now from 30mg a day to 15mg a day and intend to stop that at 2 years out.
There is GP nutrition supplement advice which has been produced by BOMSS - and Walsall discharge letter gave an indication on the meds sheet for GP? They wrote to my GP with 'advice'.
I've snapped a pic of the 6 page doc from BOMSS for info :)

You can find the full doc on their website. I don't seem to be able to upload it!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    151.1 KB · Views: 18
Yep I have a copy of that document but for whatever reason my surgeon does it his own way :)

I best check cuz iv run out of adcal an lanzoprazole about a week ago now an i havent had any problems an i dont really get indigestion. I have gp tomorrow as i think iv got tonsilitis so will double check with him thn. An my follow up at hospital is in about 2 weeks.

Im feeling great in myself sleeve wise apart from the tonsilitis. I used the dulcolax tabs last night an they worked a treat. Im 5 weeks post op tomorrow so will be weighing myself in the morning. Im hoping for a 2-3lb loss. Slow an steady is best. Will update tomorrow.

Kirsty xx

I'm gastric bypass and getting the supplements exactly as in the BOMSS booklet Debs has uploaded. I had a bypass instead of a sleeve because I had a hernia and reflux although I wasn't experiencing any symptoms, they were diagnosed during the laparoscopy. They did supply me with lansoprazole but I stopped taking it 2 days post op and have not felt any reflux except when hungry (past meal time), I feel the acid.

So today im 5 weeks post op. I weighed myself this morning as usual an im very surprised and pleased to say iv lost 5lb this week. Thats a total loss of 3st 2lb in 8 weeks. Wow x

Wow, that's great, well done! :)

Well done you, that's a fabulous loss! x

Thank you everyone xx

Cant believe im almost 6 weeks post op. Im about to start the soft/ lumpy stage any tips or advice for meals xx

Back