• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And so it begins...Kirsty's journey to a sleeve!!

Los isnt the gin an tonic in a can fizzy? Xx
It's average light fizz and I let it settle a bit if I have it room temperature I find it hard to take the fizz fills me up but ice cold the fizz don't seem that bad

I've posted a bit before about the severe problems I have with my bowels. I had to have surgery before my sleeve op. I'm on 2 ducolax and 2 senna and I've not been in a week again. @xk1rstyx what I'm finding helpful is a decent walk (when my body allows) as that seems to always result in a clear out. When my children were little if they got constipated we were told to cycle their legs for a little while and it always worked (my brother in law called it poo dough instead of play dough. Sorry :oops:) Anyway I'm not sure where you are exercise wise but thought I'd pass on the tip just in case.
Don't sweat the lb, I've lost the most after immediately post op when I managed to go several times in a week so it definitely has a big impact. X

Apparently...there a thing called the 'squatty potty' to help constipation amongst adults....google it. Im seriously considering getting one ....if things don't improve with my ibs symptoms.
Toni :sick0019:

Try not to worry too much about the pound gain, it all evens out over time. I try and avoid laxatives myself and some of what has worked for me has been supplements with magnesium in (although not since the op because the only ones I can find have calcium in and I already take calcium supplements), walking as Fee said and lately, prunes. Hope it gets sorted soon :sick0019:

Apparently...there a thing called the 'squatty potty' to help constipation amongst adults....google it. Im seriously considering getting one ....if things don't improve with my ibs symptoms.
Toni :sick0019:
I looked into one recently but my consultant says lifting up the seat and just sitting on the toilet gets you into the same sort of position. That was a revelation! I hope you're feeling better now @xk1rstyx x

Thanks everyone for the advice. I had my post op check at hospital today they said they couldnt b happier an that im doin great an losing more than average. I told him about my toilet problems an he said i shouls be fine to back onto my pre op laxatives which is quite strong. Iv jus taken some now so fingers crosses it works tomorrow. I go on a mini holisay the weekend to butlins with the kids so wanna get it cleared up b4 i go.

Kirsty xx

I used my super strong laxative last night an iv finally gone to the toilet today. Jus in time for my holiday tomorrow.

Kirsty xx

What a relief in more ways than one!
Enjoy your mini break x

hi everyone i forgot to update yesterday.
8 weeks post op an i lost 4lb. im eatin most foods i want in very small portions and chewing well.

hope everyone is well

kirsty xx

That's great, you are doing so well :)

Awesome ., well done xxxxx

Well done!
:0clapper:

thanks everyone xx

great loss, back on track, well done :winner:

im just eating a whole grain cracker with some brussels patè on an its the best thing iv ate in months mmmmm an low cals too. xx

wow i jus looked on the monitor my weight app which i use to record my weight every wednesday an is says im obese class 1. that good as it always said obese class 2. the aim is to not be obese at all an have it say healthy. i peaked at the scales this mornin an its lookin good for this week an iv done front an back garden an dug all dirt from inbetween the block paving on a double drive way. that was a very active an physical few hours an i sweat loads an drank plenty. im doin great with food as well. i now have berry filled mini shredded wheat for breki i only have 10 of them they are quite small an i leave them in the milk for a few mins to soften up b4 i eat them. i still love mashed potato or soft jacket potato. went to a bbq today an i had half a jacket potato took the skin off an had a little butter an grated chesse to soften the potato with some coleaw which i really enjoyes only 1 small bit tho an some salad which i didnt feel upto. also went cinema an had about 10 pieces of popcorn over a 2 n half hour film an took my own flavoured water. while my hubby sat next to me scoffin all the popcorn an swilling down a coke an it didnt bother me at all. i feel great in myself an look a lot better i will post some b4 an after pics soon. still havin toilet trouble but i take a strong laxative mon night an it works tuesday night. i dont go unless i use the laxative. i really wanna cook me some yummy meals now small portions obviously. i fancy a sunday lunch might do one next week an jus have a verh small plate. i feel i cud literally eat anythin now. this ia where i have to be sensible an make healthy choices but the scales say im doin a good job so far. iv lost 4stone now an im not even 9 weeks post op. i never dreamed id lose so much an so fast. another 3 stone off an i b happy. iv gotta start going in the gym now a toning up a building up my strength u feel ready an conditent enough to go now. anyway its jus after 1am an i cant keep my eyes open so i better say goodnight an go to sleep. it was only supposed to b a little update an once i started i couldnt stop haha.

kirsty xx

week 9 post op an iv lost 5lb. im very pleased with that i cant believe im losing so much each week still i thought it would of slowed down by now. im eating a much more varied diet. the only meat iv managed to try is chicken and minced beef but iv been craving a sunday roast for a while so i may attempt one soon an have a bit of pork maybe. im keeping all food down an i dont have any trouble with indigestion. iv been quite lucky really. iv joined the gym now but im having injections in my hips an knees friday so wont b goin gym for a few days. i bought new clothes about 5 weeks post op an i now need to buy the next size down but im gna try wait a little longer. im so happy with my decision an the positive changes its made to my life. im so active now where as b4 i hardly left the house. things can only get better. hope everyone is doin great.

kirsty xx

Congratulations on another great loss :)

thank you x

Back