• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Debs ramblings about her NHS sleeve...

Great news!!!

Swab one results are in (bit like Eurovision.....)

And the Score from Walsall Manor Hospital is - no critters in my snout!!

Whoop!!!

Woo hoo! Fab news! So pleased for you xxx

Swab one results are in (bit like Eurovision.....) And the Score from Walsall Manor Hospital is - no critters in my snout!! Whoop!!!

Whoot, great news.

I hope it goes ahead. I am a WM patient of long standing. I have an appointment there on the 10th June. You may well be in surgery when I am there but if you are not and want someone to pop in the offer is there. You have waited long and very patiently for this so I hope it goes ahead.

Best wishes

TBx

The liver diet and I are now in sync. Finally the headaches have gone - I think that took 4 weeks at least! I do still feel very hungry and I am still craving my demon foods - but I went to a party yesterday and did not pick up any crisps, quiche, cake or indeed anything other than some undressed salad and 40 gms of smoke salmon! By eating slowly I didn't stand out either as someone who wasn't eating. Only the host, a dear friend, knew. I felt quite accomplished as I left!

My pre op diet has another 9 days to go now I guess. I am the lightest I have been in a while and I feel better for it.

Happy Sunday - I hope we all get some rest and joy today :)

Attachments

• image-2764981939.jpg
    image-2764981939.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
The liver diet and I are now in sync. Finally the headaches had gone - I think that took 4 weeks at least! I do still feel hungry and I am still craving my demons - but I went to a party yesterday and did not pick up any crisps, quiche, cake or indeed anything other than undressed salad and 40 gms of smoke salmon! By eating slowly I didn't stand out either as someone who wasn't eating. Only the host, a dear friend, knew. I felt quite accomplished as I left! My pre op diet has another 9 days to go now I guess. I am the lightest I have been in a while and I feel better for it. Happy Sunday - I hope we all get some rest and joy today :)

That is a great loss Debs. Please tell me you didn't do that on 2000 cals a day ( envy if you did ) still got everything crossed you will be sharing my op date :)

No, not on 2000 calories a day - I wish. The liver shrinking food based diet as prescribed, offers around 800-900 calories per day.

Have a peak below! Lol x

Attachments

• image-1463896762.jpg
    image-1463896762.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 37
The liver diet and I are now in sync. Finally the headaches had gone - I think that took 4 weeks at least! I do still feel hungry and I am still craving my demons - but I went to a party yesterday and did not pick up any crisps, quiche, cake or indeed anything other than undressed salad and 40 gms of smoke salmon! By eating slowly I didn't stand out either as someone who wasn't eating. Only the host, a dear friend, knew. I felt quite accomplished as I left! My pre op diet has another 9 days to go now I guess. I am the lightest I have been in a while and I feel better for it. Happy Sunday - I hope we all get some rest and joy today :)

You have do so well!! Your surgery will be the day before mine :)
Which app do you use to help keep track? X

No, not on 2000 calories a day - I wish. The liver shrinking food based diet as prescribed, offers around 800-900 calories per day.

Have a peak below! Lol x
Thank heaven for that. When I saw 2010 daily calories on that other app I spat out my tea :D lol. You have done great. Tick tock our date is nearly here.

The app is called Monitor My Weight and the best thing is that it is FREE!!!! Lol

Last edited:
Just at the hospital now to provide swab 3 and an arm full of blood. 2nd swab was clear! The results of todays swab will be back on 3rd June and if that's clear I am praying I will go ahead on June 10th.

Last edited:
Just at the hospital now to provided swab 3 and an arm full of blood. 2nd swab was clear!

Everything still crossed.

Good luck Debs xx

thanks honey. I have everything crossed. It's ridiculous how this weight loss surgery takes over life isn't it! X[/QUOTE
Oh yes it does but hopefully your nearly there, I can say its worth it, I know I'm only 6 weeks in but not for 1 second have I regretted it. X

I keep thinking this should be week 3 post op, not week 6 of the liver shrinking diet. I am so tired now and lacklustre. I don't think I've eaten so few calories for such a prolonged time - ever! Having no weight loss tool yet means I actually do still feel ravenous. I cannot saintly say otherwise as much as I wish for it!

Life at home is a stressful set up right now. My fabulous daughter is immersed in her GCSE's until 22nd June. She has her prom on 25th June and then she has an amazing summer ahead with a few weeks in America as she flies to spend time with her aunt and then some outward bound thing in Wales. So she is understandably exam stressed at present.

Sadly we have property crisis also. A leak developed last week in the kitchen which was under the floor. Kitchen has had to be removed - it's standing in the lounge at present, I have no oven or grill as a result. The leak is fixed but it's not dry enough to put the house back together. I am unsure it will be fixed before my surgery :(

So it never is straight forward. Life doesn't gently rest so we can have surgery does it??!

My blood work has improved however so I will end on good news. Back in January my combined vitamin D (D2 and D3) was 26. I was treated for 3 months and then kept on a maintaining dose. My repeated test showed a combined level of 130. So I am pleased. I found this chart on line which was useful to understand it! I've added the lounge and kitchen leak ones for sympathy effect!!!! X

Attachments

• image-27711792.jpg
    image-27711792.jpg
    477.2 KB · Views: 50
  • image-3051042730.jpg
    image-3051042730.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 51
  • image-2864354977.jpg
    image-2864354977.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 49
Back