• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

December 2013 Surgeries

Muizenberg

As it's nearly December thought I'd start a thread for those having surgery in December. I'm due to have a gastric sleeve at Kings college, London on 4th December.
With a week to go hoping that the operation does not get cancelled for a second time. Milk diet is going ok. Last working day is Friday and will pack hospital bag etc during the weekend.

Good luck, soon be over and done with :)

Yep in the same boat surgery due 17th Dec and I too don't want to get cancelled again. Re starting milk diet next week. Good luck everyone having surgery in Dec!

Good luck everyone! x

I am genuinely excited for everyone having their op in December. Best of luck to all of you. You won't regret it. I'm 4.5 months post bypass - it was the best decision I have ever made. I now eat a wide range of normal foods, and have lost 5 stone (or 31kg). In real money that is size 22/24 to a 16/18, and still shrinking. My advice is to stick to the LSD and your team's instructions like glue, and don't be afraid to ask questions - particularly to your providers, and also on here as you can be sure someone will come along. xxx

I am genuinely excited for everyone having their op in December. Best of luck to all of you. You won't regret it. I'm 4.5 months post bypass - it was the best decision I have ever made. I now eat a wide range of normal foods, and have lost 5 stone (or 31kg). In real money that is size 22/24 to a 16/18, and still shrinking. My advice is to stick to the LSD and your team's instructions like glue, and don't be afraid to ask questions - particularly to your providers, and also on here as you can be sure someone will come along. xxx

Wow I hope I can do as well as you did, good sound advice too, I really love this forum esp as I've not no one (apart from my fella) about the op so it's great to be able to "speak" freely here :)

Good luck all December-ites.

Having surgery is the best thing that ever happened for me.

I'm getting close to thin, will get fit (gym referral accepted) and activity holiday planned.

Go in to it with a positive, 'can do' attitude and it will help. Xx

Good luck to everyone who has surgery in December! I get to meet with the surgeon on the 11th, can't wait! Lincs Lass, I'm glad you've sorted GP referral out!

Kirsty

Good luck to you all this December . I would recommend getting some sugar free syrups to put in your milk they just made it slightly easier . Some lovely flavours . I liked banana, and butterscotch and french vanilla. They seemed expensive but I'm going to use them to make ice cream afterwards.

Yipee no more work until at least January. My manager is very supportive and not been too invasive. Trying to gradually wind down having put in a marathon last shift yesterday . Will be on tenterhooks until I receive the telephone call from the hospital on Tuesday afternoon regarding bed availability. Fingers crossed will be admitted on Tuesday as op scheduled first thing on Wednesday.

Yipee no more work until at least January. My manager is very supportive and not been too invasive. Trying to gradually wind down having put in a marathon last shift yesterday . Will be on tenterhooks until I receive the telephone call from the hospital on Tuesday afternoon regarding bed availability. Fingers crossed will be admitted on Tuesday as op scheduled first thing on Wednesday.

Good luck we WLAN be thinking of you. X

Good luck to you all this December . I would recommend getting some sugar free syrups to put in your milk they just made it slightly easier . Some lovely flavours . I liked banana, and butterscotch and french vanilla. They seemed expensive but I'm going to use them to make ice cream afterwards.

How you feeling today?

tiredness just hit me . Hubby just gone to pharmacist told them Iv had gastric bypass and I'm a bit bunged up , they given him lactulose? Not going to take it .i think it's too high in sugar ? What do you think

Magnesium hydroxide is what they suggest on milk diet so would be the best after too. I had constipation high up on milk diet first time round it wasn't very nice. X

goodluck to all in december hope you all have speedy recoveries so you can at least spend a pain free xmas

tiredness just hit me . Hubby just gone to pharmacist told them Iv had gastric bypass and I'm a bit bunged up , they given him lactulose? Not going to take it .i think it's too high in sugar ? What do you think

Lactulose is fine. My provider is very rigid about what can be taken, eaten etc. i was sent home from hospital with a large bottle. It is really no problem - and recommended again in support group by the team if anyone is 'slow'.

Back