• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

December 2013 Surgeries

good luck december oppers, hope it goes well for you all

i should have been joining you but mine was cancelled :(

Well hello everyone! I have my gastric by pass in 11 days on the 12th Dec at the North Staffs. Nice to meet people in the same position! x

Hi all I'm having a sleeve on 7 th december so on milk diet it's going ok I am Hungary but I am coping only 6 days left can't wait to have op so excited which some people think I'm mad being excited but hey that's me . Good luck to all having surgery in December . I did feel very sick headaches dizzy for first few days of milk diet but body's ok with it now don't know about my brain lol . X

Hi all I'm having a sleeve on 7 th december so on milk diet it's going ok I am Hungary but I am coping only 6 days left can't wait to have op so excited which some people think I'm mad being excited but hey that's me . Good luck to all having surgery in December . I did feel very sick headaches dizzy for first few days of milk diet but body's ok with it now don't know about my brain lol . X

I'm waiting for my body to be ok. It's really nasty at the moment :( x

As it's nearly December thought I'd start a thread for those having surgery in December. I'm due to have a gastric sleeve at Kings college, London on 4th December. With a week to go hoping that the operation does not get cancelled for a second time. Milk diet is going ok. Last working day is Friday and will pack hospital bag etc during the weekend.

Best of luck to you. I'm having a Gastric Band on Tuesday. Get starting to get wobbly legs!!!

good luck december oppers, hope it goes well for you all

i should have been joining you but mine was cancelled :(

Hi

It's a shame when your op is cancelled especially if you have to repeat the pre op diet but at least you have a new date. You'll soon be on the losers bench with the rest of us who're having op's in December.

Excited for you Muizenberg on Wednesday. And also for everyone else getting the best Xmas present ever. I don't envy you the challenge of being immediately post-op over the xmas period but I know you will all do fine ... And we'll be here for you if the going gets tough. Hugs and good luck to you all. xxx

I'm strangely comforted by the thought of having a puréed Roast! Lol. X

i have pureed roast among other things ready in my freezer

No Xmas dinner for me either, am having my band on Friday 6th December. Didn't sleep well last night think mind is going over time trying to think if everything. Very exciting though!! xxx

I had my christmas dinner last weekend before I started the milk diet ;) lol. I was shocked to find out from my dietitian that people have cancelled their ops before christmas and gone back on the waiting list purely so they can have their christmas celebrations. I just think it is so wrong. If they really wanted it, christmas should pale in insignificance, right? x

I had my christmas dinner last weekend before I started the milk diet ;) lol. I was shocked to find out from my dietitian that people have cancelled their ops before christmas and gone back on the waiting list purely so they can have their christmas celebrations. I just think it is so wrong. If they really wanted it, christmas should pale in insignificance, right? x

I cant believe this, seriously?? I was hoping I'd have my op before Christmas because its always an indulgent time of year even on a diet! I knew id put on weight and really didn't want that set back! I cant believe people would do that.. You'll miss this Christmas but you'll be slim, healthy and full of beans by next year's! :D

That's crazy! I'll be a month out at Xmas. Looking forward to a teaspoon of everything (almost)! I do miss texture!

I was so appalled I said to the dietitian to tell to them rethink whether this is right for them. She agreed with me but the surgeons must be alright with it! It happens every year apparently. I'm not fussed as it's helped me out. It got me in before christmas with all their cancelled appointments. lol x

Well I normally have to work Christmas Day, so at least I'll be at home even if in a little uncomfortable and only drinking/ maybe slop. Kids hate me working Christmas Day do they are made up.

Back